A New "datsun" Added To My Stable

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...just thought it was time to get my wife some new wheels.

This sucks.....my wife is the same way...I have never owned anything newer then a 87 and that was a Chevette. The newest thing I have now is a 73 240Z. She wants a new car and she drives a 2000 ranger. WTF...I guess we have to make them happy.....at a price :lol:

OOH yeah....nice choice, I am waiting for Ta Ta Motors to make a new dime....fingers crossed.

Wow... very nice. I think Phleb's referring to the CVT... is that what you've got?

Yep it has the CVT and that sucker is amazing...ya just do not feel the tranny shift..it is sooo smooth............The Altima is a real nice set up and of course it is the Nissan family (always will be Datsun to an old fart like me...):P

If there was a way to find a cheap CVT and bolt it to a KA I would be all over it... I was trying to find a semi-auto Nissan transmission, but nobody had any idea where to find one. Did they ever make one? I think the Altima or something had a paddle shift version a year or two back...

they make an SE-R altima too....I wonder if they have a 5 or 6 spd manual?

The CVT tranny would be nice, no more shifting....geese

the last gen Altima SE-R had a 6 speed mated to the VQ35DE.

starting in 2002, i think the cars with the VQ35 have always been a 6-speed

i haven't seen anything on an SE-R for the new generation

they make an SE-R altima too....I wonder if they have a 5 or 6 spd manual?

The CVT tranny would be nice, no more shifting....geese

Almost bought the one with the 6 Speed..(if'n the car was fer me I woulda gotten the NEW 2 door Altima coupe and the 6 Speed)..since I bought it for my wife she gets the auto........But, they say that the CVT will get you better mileage than the manual...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This sucks.....my wife is the same way...

WTF...I guess we have to make them happy.....at a price :lol:

OOH yeah....nice choice, I am waiting for Ta Ta Motors to make a new dime....fingers crossed.

I look at it this way...at least you don't have to work on her car too :D

I feel like such a dinosaur. I want to shift a transmission. If it's an auto I want to FEEL it shift. What's wrong with that? Why do car makers think smoother is better? They never asked they just made them. Maybe they asked my wife? It's got to be an emissions/mileage thing. I want to be part of the car, I want my input to count, I want wheel spinning rubber on every shift, I want my head to jerk back, I.... must be a dinosaur.

my wife is usually the oen that gets teh newer car with the exception of right now. she has a 90 passat and i have the LOADED 93. hers isn't bad but i have more options. until i get teh pathfinder that is. then she gets to drive that while i do minor repairs on her passat. then its mine to playw ith.

What's wrong with that? Why do car makers think smoother is better?

its so you dont spill the triple latte while talking on the phone and driving with your knee around a corner ... you dinosaur you :fu:

its odd though, if you arent paying attention to it, its hardly noticable :mellow:

Brian, you are so right..unless you really are thinkin about the shifting..you just don't notice that it don't...shift that is...NOW THEN MIKE...ya know that transmission does have a feature tho that will allow you to keep it in "lower gear" (wrong choice of words..it is a rubber belt...and pulleys)..but, you do have the option of holding it in 5 numerical positions....they tell you that this can be used as engine braking on downhills, or just using a lower ratio going up a steep hill...I will have to read a bit more on it...but thought I would pass it on...