• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than most lists and forums.....

Now pick up the shattered pieces of your life and move on. :D

Last time I checked my life is just fine :fu: Quite happy actually:D

Just think its a waist of time to join and not be active....and by active I mean log on at least once in a blue moon. True datto owners wouldn't just join to see pics....sorry

I couldnt help but notice there are almost 1000 members on here now, and thats crazy, but only about 400 are active users. To be precise as of today there are 520 non active people. Why are you here people????

:DIf they are inactive there is only a slim chance that they will find this post. You should PM them:thumbsup:

HaHa!! If you had better shit to do, you wouldn't have started this thread!!!

Nobody said you even had to own a datsun, let alone be a "true datsun owner"...(as opposed to owning a fake datsun??) to join this forum. Ever think that maybe some owned them in the past and just wanted to see what's up with them now.

Maybe they came on.....saw how downshifter was being treated and decided they didn't want the same grief. I've pm'd with a lot of the nwde members that didn't want to ask questions on the open forum because of the crap they were afraid they'd get. This forum is great, but it's worse than nwde for ragging on people.

Getting access to the info is a good reason for joining...nothing says they have to stick around and listen to the 80% of the posts and threads(like this one) that are completely pointless as far as actually working on a datsun goes.

I probably read less than 10% of the threads generated on here. Ones like this one have to get "pointed out to me" by somebody else for me to even check them out. Once again...a "lurker" has pm'd me to say they didn't feel welcome because of threads like this. If you truely accepted all datsun owners, you would accept the ones that like to just come here for the info or to view it passively.

I don't mean to single you out. I love this forum(although I still liked nwde better :) ....but sometimes you guys get a bit too "hardcore" with what you expect a "true datsun owner" to do or be like.

Seriously....don't take it personally. I don't mean this to bust your chops....just thought I'd shed some light on how bad post like this can sound to the newbies or lurkers.

HaHa!! If you had better shit to do, you wouldn't have started this thread!!!

Nobody said you even had to own a datsun, let alone be a "true datsun owner"...(as opposed to owning a fake datsun??) to join this forum. Ever think that maybe some owned them in the past and just wanted to see what's up with them now.

Maybe they came on.....saw how downshifter was being treated and decided they didn't want the same grief. I've pm'd with a lot of the nwde members that didn't want to ask questions on the open forum because of the crap they were afraid they'd get. This forum is great, but it's worse than nwde for ragging on people.

Getting access to the info is a good reason for joining...nothing says they have to stick around and listen to the 80% of the posts and threads(like this one) that are completely pointless as far as actually working on a datsun goes.

I probably read less than 10% of the threads generated on here. Ones like this one have to get "pointed out to me" by somebody else for me to even check them out. Once again...a "lurker" has pm'd me to say they didn't feel welcome because of threads like this. If you truely accepted all datsun owners, you would accept the ones that like to just come here for the info or to view it passively.

I don't mean to single you out. I love this forum(although I still liked nwde better :) ....but sometimes you guys get a bit too "hardcore" with what you expect a "true datsun owner" to do or be like.

Seriously....don't take it personally. I don't mean this to bust your chops....just thought I'd shed some light on how bad post like this can sound to the newbies or lurkers.

Amen

I love this forum

I'm logged on 24 hours to all computers I have at work and home.

It's my daily stop like ebay and craigslist.

A lot of folks here are very helpful.

Compared to the other forum not to name any, it's way forgiving and friendlier to newbies and non technical Datsun owners.

And you dont' have to be a subject matter expert to speak out your mind.

Most of the crap we give is good natured ribbing...which sometimes, I'll admit, get's a little out of control.

But that's part of the fun of this forum and adds to comraderie of the members. I liken it to hangin at the bar/garage with a few buds, bullshiting about datsuns (and whatever else comes up).

We even tend to answer the same questions over and over while still pointing out that we've answered that question over and over...not like a few other boards I frequent that will flame a newb to a crisp for a minor indescretion like asking a repeat question.

As far as people not posting...Lurkers need tech too.

Maybe Pac's right and we all need a hug :D

I like hugs....I only come up to most girls b**bs ....so I got that goin' for me :)

I think that post reads a lot more harsh than it was meant to....

I wasn't trying to rag on fivendime....just that mindset or type of post....he's certainly not the only one. I've met the guy...seems like a nice guy...love his 521!! There's been a bunch of other posts I wanted to "speak up" on, but then I'd be singling out those guys too much and that would then make me just like them....just coming at it from the other direction. It takes all kinds and I'd hate to see newbies or lurkers feel unwelcome before they've even posted.

.....hhhmmm....I also come up to most guys arm pits......so I'm gonna stick to hugging girls!! :)

yeah I have to admit I'm with fiveNdime...

what are you doing here.

I'm on here everyday too but, now there are a shit ton of useless posts that i have to sort through to find anything worth chiming in on...

other than that I just read all the new guys answering questions to new guys.... then older guys correct the new guy for acting like an old guy:bored:

I mean geez, thats like taking food directly from Bleach's mouth:D

so just for the record:

Im turbo charging my bedhooks, upgrading my torsion bars to disc brakes AFTER I get it running?

but still wondering if a viper engine will fit on a 15x7" wheel? stretched...:thumbup:

..and to all you "Newbs" welcome! dont read into this crap, were just salty cuz there were 12 of us before and now theres 1200... thats only a good thing. If I were to enforce anything it would be one thread per truck/car forever, so as not to have 500000 threads in two more months OR they should expire based on activity?

NO guys this isnt what I am trying to say. I am not bashing on newbies and the lurkers......I am simply saying why does more then half of this forum stay inactive? I myself find this forum a daily ritual, that is hard to stay away from. I like newbs, they offer stuff we don't sometimes, such as new ways to do things and a new friend to say hi to if you see there rig in the store parking lot. You guys have me all wrong. Hugs are good if your Mikes size...and your hugging a chick....boobies....:eek:.... but I would much rather have a beer with ya.

And for what constitutes a active member.....I think its simply just showing up once in a while....not even often but more then once in 6 months if you get my drift.

I guess I should have worded it different on the post title.......but it did get attention, and make you think.

Expire based on activity is a good idea!!

i think "lurkers" rule and more power to em for not posting...

you know what this means right?

they know how to search and read forums to gather info that has been posted 40 times.

if everybody posted you would get threads like this:

http://www.toyotaminis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501

and after all that trouble they'll post threads like this:

http://www.toyotaminis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508

be happy there are lurkers they are loads better then people who ask for help but dont listen to what you have to say.

but there also might be one or two people signed up to this site that have absolutly no valid reason to be here what-so-ever:rolleyes:

Not everybody shares the same zeal: some people are Datsun fanatics, others just own a Datsun or are thinking of getting one. It's really not a big deal. As the number of members increases, the ratio of active members will theoretically increase as well. :)

i've always wondered what constitutes as an active member? number of posts or threads started? do tell.

Basically, it just means people who've joined or logged in within the past thirty days.

Not everybody shares the same zeal: some people are Datsun fanatics, others just own a Datsun or are thinking of getting one. It's really not a big deal. As the number of members increases, the ratio of active members will theoretically increase as well. :)

Basically, it just means people who've joined or logged in within the past thirty days.

Thomas, my userid is always first on the "Most user online"

Does it log how long I've been on?

I have at least 4 machines with Firefox browser locked for Ratsun and has restore session if ever my machine crashes.:D

NO guys this isnt what I am trying to say. I am not bashing on newbies and the lurkers......I am simply saying why does more then half of this forum stay inactive? I myself find this forum a daily ritual, that is hard to stay away from. I like newbs, they offer stuff we don't sometimes, such as new ways to do things and a new friend to say hi to if you see there rig in the store parking lot. You guys have me all wrong. Hugs are good if your Mikes size...and your hugging a chick....boobies....:eek:.... but I would much rather have a beer with ya.

And for what constitutes a active member.....I think its simply just showing up once in a while....not even often but more then once in 6 months if you get my drift.

I guess I should have worded it different on the post title.......but it did get attention, and make you think.

Expire based on activity is a good idea!!

I have to agree with fiveNdime on this one. I am here every day...I may not always have something to say, but I do enjoy reading about everyones adventures.

When I do see something I can help out with I "chime in", or I try to make a joke or two to keep things light. I envy Mike by the way.:lol: And beer sounds good too. :cool:

If there was an inactive time requirement that would be great...as long as the person could reactive their old info so they can keep their identity.

Sometimes it pays to be vertically challenged:rolleyes:

I have found a couple of reasons for having tall people around, but mostly they just clutter up the place! :)

I don't think anyone is trying to create hard feelings either way.....but really, what does it matter at all that someone joins and then is inactive. If they're not around, they're not taking up bandwidth. I know I've joined several other forums, specifically to get in touch with one person(done it a couple of times with NL owners I've found elsewhere), but I have no desire to stick around. That forum is probably asking the same question of me, but it did get two new NL owners to this forum :)

I don't know why somebody's account would get purged in 30 days....maybe after 6mo of inactivity. Last year, I took a couple of months off the forum...if I would have been deleted, I would have never came back. ...hhhmmm....maybe some of you would have prefered that!! :)