Bunch of Lamers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothin wrong with a sweet ass roadster :P

It doesn't matter if you have one or not...It's if you want one...and appreciate them.

I have two and a half (or maybe one and three quarters) and still want more :D

The 610's & 710's on here lately.... :cool:

I have found a couple of reasons for having tall people around, but mostly they just clutter up the place! :)

I agree! I'm a whopping 5'6"!

when I was in high school, my best friend was a 6'3" guy from Japan!

we looked odd (short white guy and tall Asian guy hanging out!)

I drove a little Honda prelude and he drove a big Oldsmobile cutlass!

so, I think short guys have the advantage with being comfortable in Datsuns anyway

Out of all the forums I've been on we are easiest on the newbs. Most sights flame them for really stupid reasons. I personally try to answer all the questions I can, even if I have 100 times. I remember when I first got into datsun's many years ago, just the way the "old school" guys treated me sucked! I want a real answer, I want a good reason, I want you to explain to me in depth why not!!! Now after all those years I try my best to do what they didn't do for me. I try to be open for new idea's even if I think they are bad :D I want to save the new guy the time I wasted. There are a few forums I joined and never went back to, usually because of the people. My favorite section is the project section, I love watching the cars/trucks come together, seeing the little detail work. To me this is a place where we can all hang out together, since we all live hundreds of miles away from each other. I like being able to swear and be a "dude" :D hang out with the guys in cyber space haha.

I guess this is my "myspace" I have no other real interest besides datto's. At the same time I have to most fun in off topic threads :D I actually like them, we kinda get to know one another that way.

Like Mike has said, its hard to read 10% of the posts, there just isn't enough time in the day. Some people cut ratsun out of there day..... They'll be back!! haha

This forum Has provided me with info I never could have gained by perusing books, magazines or other literature. If you are on to find some info but never post, who cares. If you are on and don't know much but can gather some insight from others, that is awesome. And lastly if you are on to berate others for being lame, check yourself.

We are all lame in some way or another. I have hobbies where if they knew I was on a Datsun thread they would say I am lame. Then again I do things most people on this post would say are lame so what does that make me? Lame?

COOL!!! :lol:

Yo, fiveNdime, I was just bustin' yer chops. :lol:

hang_510; you serious? No computer at home? They're dirt cheap these days. Bet you know someone with an older-but-good-enough-to-surf box sitting collecting dust.

Doaner; I was gonna respond with the classic Harley line "Better your sister in a whorehouse than your brother on a Hon-Duh", but then you spoiled it when you said you have a S2000. :D

What Mike and Jeff said. I joined plenty of forums to get a bit of info and then rarely, if ever, go back. I don't give a rat's ass whether folks are lurkers or not. No different than some folks on the field and others in the bleachers watching. It does tick me off when someone asks a question that's already been asked forty zillion times. Not because we've all seen/heard it before, but cuz IM-not so-HO it sez they're too lazy to do any legwork on their own. Not always true, but that's my first impression. The good thing is I (usually) keep my opinion to myself :P and there's Jeff or someone to answer with patience.

This has become my #2 Forum (#1 is 311s.org) since Jeff invited me over. Being a roadster and 411 owner, the ton-o-truckin' posts aren't directly relevant, but there's still a lot of good general knowledge that one can apply to almost any auto environment.

And all the bs'ing has me ROFLMAO. :thumbsup:

This forum Has provided me with info I never could have gained by perusing books, magazines or other literature. If you are on to find some info but never post, who cares. If you are on and don't know much but can gather some insight from others, that is awesome. And lastly if you are on to berate others for being lame, check yourself.:lol:

hahaha......too funny you didnt even read this tread /lame

Out of all the forums I've been on we are easiest on the newbs. Most sights flame them for really stupid reasons. I personally try to answer all the questions I can, even if I have 100 times. I remember when I first got into datsun's many years ago, just the way the "old school" guys treated me sucked! I want a real answer, I want a good reason, I want you to explain to me in depth why not!!! Now after all those years I try my best to do what they didn't do for me. I try to be open for new idea's even if I think they are bad :D I want to save the new guy the time I wasted.

Good for you Jeff! Nice attitude.

As far as I'm concerned there are no stupid questions. (ok we all know this isn't true, but...) Generally I like to think all questions are valid and are worth asking by the noob. Ignorance is NOT stupidity. As for noobs, we were all born noobs and were once equal. We had to start somewhere building our knowledge, most likely we didn't earn it all ourselves but had help, someone who gave us a little of their time to pass it on. Can we do no less? Does a noob love his Datsun so much less than we do, that we look down on him so? We have much in common I think.

Search and FAQs are a valid option yes but are time consuming, tedious, too much info sometimes, not any info on others, and well, impersonal like a text book. If I have a question I want to talk with a real person about it. If a noob asks a simple question, I never answer to say "Try the search or FAQ" That's not passing on what we know, and it's certainly not giving of our time really. If we don't have the time, then we don't have time to answer at all.

Hey, I'm not bitching about treatment of noobs, don't get me wrong. I think this is a hell of a site and generally they get off easy with good natured ribbing. And if they are smart enough, mature enough, they take it with good humor and learn and contribute themselves. I've seen several here that were soooo green, and later, gratified to see them pitching in to help others. So no, I'm not bitching, I'm just stating that I like this forum for a lot of reasons and for me it's about learning and passing it on. Noobs welcome.

Bet you know someone with an older-but-good-enough-to-surf box sitting collecting dust.

:lol: last night i got an old laptop w/a wireless connection for FREE! so now i have another distraction to keep me out of the junkyard :P

obviously it works too :thumbup:

As far as I'm concerned there are no stupid questions...

just stupid people!