Bunch of Lamers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just lurk over there, so i dont keep up to date on that forum. there are WAY too many people over there trying to be "the old guy" and when somebody knows their shit comes along they all post up saying "well my buddies friend does this, and i bought the kit at autozone, and you should adjust the injector timing on your carb":blink:

but it turns out he took his carb to a shop, they rebuilt it. and he left the dirty fuel filter in it. what do ya know i was right. that forum F'n pisses me off when i read it.

I don't know why somebody's account would get purged in 30 days....maybe after 6mo of inactivity :)

Wow Mike now you actually get it this time.....took a bit but thats what I was saying....if it were stagnant for a while....not 2 or 3 months but maybe 6.

I got what you were saying from the start....I had a bit of a prob with how harsh it sounded toward them. I was just playing devil's advocate. I think you were issuing a "call to arms" so to speak.....if you're out there, speak up, show yourselves, join in.....but it sounded like you were telling them, if you're not going to play with as often as we expect you to, then get out. At least that's the way I read it.....and a couple of pm's coming in showed that others read it the same way. Had your first post "felt" more like this last one, I don't think there would have been any issue at all. A month or two...someone's busy...6 months...they're doing something else and probably won't be back.

Seriously....you're way more of a Ratsunite than I am and I've been here from the start. Keep banging the Ratsun drum...it builds pride in the forum you are building......maybe just be a bit careful not to bang on heads too hard :)

Thomas, my userid is always first on the "Most user online"

Does it log how long I've been on?

I have at least 4 machines with Firefox browser locked for Ratsun and has restore session if ever my machine crashes.:D

firefox rulzz, too bad 90 some percent of people use what was given to them on their computer. the light will shine in their eye's one day. maybe not. everyone should google firefox vs explorer. for that matter xp vs vista is a good read too.:cool:

i agree with sho. if all the inactive people were bullshiting or asking repeat questions not only would there need to be a fact section which is nice btw but a lounge area. i cant believe the non datsun, parts wanted and other shit on the general section.

if they just want to read and look at pics i'm cool with that. we dont need any more motor mouths.

personally i dont like to talk online so i understand where they're coming from. besides if people knew my real opinion i'd be burned at the stake and run out of town.:fu:

fact it most datsun owners aren't even online and they are among some of the coolest people out there. some online just are more antisocial than even me or dont have the time to post.

after a certain point all the info you need is on a forum and all thats left is to bullshit. some just want the info. then you have those who stay in the parts section and never come out. but as long as they're posting. right?

ahh my 400th post and it took over a year. i can name a few members that have that in just over a month or two. all of their posts are of silly questions or their opinion on stuff. so are you here to bullshit, watch people bullshit or gain info or all of the above. for me it's about the facts and info. no bullshitting here. although i love a site i can swear on. :cool:

whoa!! If everybody starts using firefox, it will start getting hit like explore! I like that firefox doesn't get hit :)

true dat. but i read that most people wont even try a different browser cause it's not what came with their computer or they think it will void their warrenty or some crap. u know the sheep.

Sometimes it pays to be vertically challenged:rolleyes:

it also helps out when you drive a 320.:thumbup:

mike, since you saw my NL over on SSM and invited me here, ive pretty much became in inactive member there. after coming here i realized not everybody on forums were asshats like on SSM

why does someone who posts occasionally or lurks has to be lame? i think this thread is lame.

It's more about the guy who registers here. Get's his problem fixed...sells the datto and never comes back ;)

Something we've seen a LOT of in the past. We like to build them not sell them.

That is, of course, unless you have another one waiting in the wings :D

Lurkers rule :cool:

I lurk lots of sites...this is home :)

Edit: I am almost always logged in at those other forums as well, lurk mode or not ;)

why does someone who posts occasionally or lurks has to be lame? i think this thread is lame.

You obviously didn't read this whole thread. Try from the start and then comment.

MIKE....I dont think I am any more of a Ratsunite as you are, not at all.

Layedout....your one of the guys I was talking about....I joined that forum specifically to get in touch with you. Once you came on Ratsun, I've never been back to it. Not even to lurk :)

Fivendime....I think you are....and that's a good thing. The forum needs active guys like you......you're much more committed to this site....like I said...I barely read 10% of the postings. Maybe it's a bit more than that, but I don't post to many anymore.

I try my damnedest to read every new post, or at least skim them for content. A lot of the stuff doesn't interest me, namely the 620 specific stuff, but I even read that sometimes. In addition to reading most of what is written, I usually have a few things to say.

I am probably more guilty than most when it comes to the shit-talking, but I'd like to think that I can and have been of help to at least a few folks on here, and every so often I like to say things just to lighten the mood.

That being said, lately this is the only forum that I am active on. And I couldn't tell you how many forums I'm a registered member of. So I can see how you join a site and never post, or post fairly regularly and disappear.

I hate when having a life interferes with NOT having a life :D

I hate when having a life interferes with NOT having a life :D

hahaha! that's awesome!

yeah, I haven't been here long, but I like both the info and the chatting. I think owning a datsun implies that you like to have fun. so even without constant tech talk, I see this forum as useful...

I'm very slowly becoming active but I will be, as soon as I pick up a Datsun.

Till then... I'm just a hondaboy lurking in the Datsun forums :lol:

Now your in trouble! "we dont take kindly to people who dont take kindly around here!"

i am working on bringing up my post count. i like it here. its like family. so far teh people i have met from here have been great. and lurkers should start posting!

It's not like how my thread went. I haven't met anyone yet :blink::lol: I scared people away by saying that I drive a Honda.