Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The peanut gallery from the bottom part of the world says both schemes look like pooh (IMLTHO).

One of the nice things about your ride is it looks clean (despite the faded paint).

A rising sun hood on this car (even in the Teal) is just a little too much for me.

The peanut gallery from the bottom part of the world says both schemes look like pooh (IMLTHO).

One of the nice things about your ride is it looks clean (despite the faded paint).

A rising sun hood on this car (even in the Teal) is just a little too much for me.

Im right there with you Jason. This is my exact thinking... I threw the design up because they asked, but I really dont see that as an option right now.

I think its all white or nothing. Everything about the car is subtle and thats what I like. 

White hood looks terrible. Its all one color, leave it till you re-spray the whole thing. Peeling clear looks better than the "I bought used body parts and didn't bother painting them" look.

If it bothers you that much go to maaco and get a $249 special from the Val-Pac coupon and roll that till the real paint job.

I think teal looks bad ass, red pops too much and takes away from the car. but if its not your thing no biggie i just thought it'd be a slight solution to your problem. The white hood doesn't look bad but it takes away from the car also. idk your car you do what you please lol

I would wet sand the hood and leave it. Get as much clear coat off as you can.

I think I might just do that. The only silver lining to Winter this year was it was flaking the rest of the clear coat off my trunk for me. 

Didnt do much today, but I did install the carpet for the parcel tray. I have the rest ready to go, but Im waiting to finalize my front seat situation so I dont have to pull them twice.

8588399498_9cf2a3fb30_z.jpg

8588399884_bd073d0592_z.jpg

• Like 2

I think Im just going to leave it for a bit... but to everyone listening: rising sun will not happen. It was not an option and was only displayed because someone asked about it. My painting options were leave it or go all white to get rid of the fading. 

What are you going with, or is it a surprise? I'm still loooking for front seats for mine. Don't like the SE-R seats I had grabbed

Just Datsun seats... nothing crazy. Not a fan of the mixed styled seats in the car. 

dude i forgot to mention the other day but that carpet is muey bueno x 100......i like the look of it .....gonna look sweet in there...

dibs on carpet should u come on hard times and have to auction the car (all not likely scenarios ,  but i wanna cover my bases..)

• Like 1
dibs on carpet should u come on hard times and have to auction the car (all not likely scenarios ,  but i wanna cover my bases..)

Haha if I sell the car, you can have the carpet. 

So made a couple hour trip over to Bellevue to get some parts. I changed the thermostat the day before as I was running hot and I figured it was stuck partially shut (it was). On the way over my trip was spent eyebaling the temp gauge the whole way:

3tklmi.jpg

I pulled off to grab something to drink and I thought the car was smoking pretty heavily (I anticipated a little burnoff since I had coolant all over the block) so I checked it out. Housing was a little loose and I was running with very little coolant. Turns out the temp gauge was low because it wasnt reading any water haha. 

Made it to Teds for some part, at some lunch with a local classmate and made it home. 

NissanFest is just around the corner and I need to finish up some projects.

Finish up the dash restoration

-Powdercoat

-Install radio

-Finish up brackets for under dash tray

-LED Retrofit

Front seat install

Carpet install

Fender mirror install

Rear coils install

Taillight center garnish install

Fuse box relocate

Grille refinish