Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ground is actually at slope... my front is mos def higher than the rear. Its not by a lot, but maybe an inch; its nothing that bugs me crazily though. I have the most minor amount of rubbing so if I cant roll it enough, Im just going to pick up a spring spacer.

510s with the bottom level with the ground will be tucking the rear more than the front. With even wheel gap you will gave rake.

yup ...weird but true

I didn`t think those tires would even fit with those tiny yellow bastards..I got them from Jeffery and put them on but didn`t think my 215/60/13 on minilites would clear ..It looks like a good height on yours though it makes those 13s look huge.

510s with the bottom level with the ground will be tucking the rear more than the front. With even wheel gap you will gave rake.

yup ...weird but true

I didn`t think those tires would even fit with those tiny yellow bastards..I got them from Jeffery and put them on but didn`t think my 215/60/13 on minilites would clear ..It looks like a good height on yours though it makes those 13s look huge.

Hmmm I will double check it out in the morning and see what my level is. I still want to drop the front another inch, but wont touch the back. Thanks for the info on the normal level. Oh, turns out while the car was on the lift I noticed a seal leak on my diff.

Looking great ms grind

Ms? :confused: Thanks for the compliment though

Well, the weather is awesome out right now which is usually rare so Im taking advantage of it while its here. I pulled the car into the little apartment garage we get and started doing a littl bit of work. I pulled the tail light again to give them a touch up as the paint was a little soft when I assembled originally. Im going to spray probably two coats on them and then leave them outside all day to properly cure before putting them back on the car. I was dreading taking apart the dash to install the new wiper switch I bought (since mine doesnt have a knob) but I got smart and just took the knob off the new one and put it on the old switch. I tried to remove all of the old sealant from around my sunroof but it seems its sealed under the glass as well so I did all that work for nothing; it still doesnt open.

The car is coming along nice I think. I need to pick up some new shorter (mr2?) front struts so that I can gain some travel back on them. Also, with them being shorter that should allow me to actually put some tension on the springs to increase my ride quality.

She needs a pretty good cleaning which I might do tomorrow.

Yeah I just did a little searching and see that its going to be a little hard to find. Aw well... maybe I will just stumble upon some glass one day. Now I at least know not to get my hopes up. Good thing Spring is around the corner to minimize that amount I would need it until next Winter.

Yeah I just did a little searching and see that its going to be a little hard to find. Aw well... maybe I will just stumble upon some glass one day. Now I at least know not to get my hopes up. Good thing Spring is around the corner to minimize that amount I would need it until next Winter.

No need to hunt Dow a original defroster, almost every auto glass shop has a defroster that they can wire in and just put it on the glass like windo tint

yup ...weird but true

Really, not that weird. Applies to 90% of the cars on the road, and I'd wager every old Datto. Top of the rear fender lips is almost always lower on the body than the front.

Only accurate way to really measure/judge/compare ride height on a 510 is to find a flat level surface, measure from the ground to the bottom of the rocker panels, at the pinch weld notch. There's one 6" back from the front tire, and one 6" in front of the rear tire. A good "street" height is 6-6.5" in the front, 6.5-7" in the rear. Lower than that you get a lot of rear suspension angularity problems, and a bit of bottoming out in the front.

But it does look badass lower than that. :P

So today is a glorious day. In the wise words of Pumpkn, "They are simple as fuck. You really can't hurt em." I fixed my stalling issue by retuning my carb. No longer does it want to die on me when I give it a quick throttle from a stop... I can now safely and successfully jump into traffic. Thanks Dave!

Nothing much to report at the moment. I did buy a few items, but Im waiting for them to show up from overseas but I say/do anything. Im just trying to wrap up all the basic maintenance items lately to make sure it will make the Canby trip safely. I found out that my windshield washer squiter doesnt work so Im thinking Im just going to get rid of that whole setup. I really dont ever use it... I only noticed it because I installed a new knob for my windshield wipers. I wanted to make sure all the motions works... well the squirter doesnt. Oh well, one more thing I can clean up in my bay.

On the way to work yesterday, spotted this Model A

7072075143_8520711e67_z.jpg

On the way to work this morning, I spotted this Maserati

7072075947_a70556d6ce_z.jpg