my girlfriends new goon

bustedknuckles

so my girlfriend found the car on cl went out looked at it then picked it up the next morning brought it home on a trailer. the breaks froze up when trying to get it off the trailer no big deal whole new break system is on the way already most of it will be in by morning. got new points cap rotor plugs wires coil fresh fluids yada yada... this thing is a total cream puff. oh and it had no exhaust on it but i welded one up already. this thing is a cream puff gutted the inside out no holes anyplace very and i mean very minimal surface rust took care of that then bedlined the floors from head to toe. so here is daisy the 72 goon (: and just so u know my girlfriend has put in just as much if not more work on this thing as i have already

100_03401.jpg

100_03411.jpg

100_03391.jpg

100_03481.jpg

100_03501.jpg

100_03511.jpg

100_03531.jpg

100_03611.jpg

100_03621.jpg

100_03631.jpg

100_03641.jpg

100_03651.jpg

100_03681.jpg

100_03691.jpg

100_03701.jpg

100_03721.jpg

100_03731.jpg

100_03741.jpg

100_03751.jpg

oh and i put in new weather stripping on all the doors and rear hatch

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where I step-in and say "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck"! Why did I ever sell my goon. God, I miss my 510. Mine was a bit creamier than this one. But, goo(n)d find. Looks like fun. Don't ever sell it,, just my advice.

thanks guys yeah they are both keepers (: i will post some pictures of the exhaust soon this is her second datto. her first one is a 79 kc that i helped her put some serious work into. but the plans for the goon are to keep her as stock as possible slam it and a weber maybe side drafts if we can find them and the intake for the right price haha. we are just gonna buff out the paint it still has alot of shine in her all the trim is off and getting polished as well oh and did i mention we got the car for $1000 tongue.gif score! oh and the car is not going anyplace and if it does its going to go into my name haha but that is a looooooooong shot haha she is stoked on it

Man where do you find a goon like that for 1k? CL? I imagine it would have been a race to buy it if that were the case. Did you just stumble on it in someones driveway or something?

yeah datsuns are rad ive had the bug in my bonnet about them for 3 years now and my girlfriend has been into them for about a year now its kind of our thing haha her first was a 79 kc that i just got from her last night i bought abunch of parts for her goon so she gave me her truck now i own 3 ha. she bought an 04 outback with a rebuilt motor and so on and so far and she hates the thing she is waiting for the title to come in the mail and then she is gonna turn around and sell it and just mob her goon once it is fully road worthy.

so do any of you know where to find a wooden slat roof rack for one of these things? it is a serious want any input is great or do u think i would be better off building one myself?

welll huuuhhhhhh.... its seems goons attract the hot chicks cause the last two threads i read had hotties and wagons....my wife will kill me....i guess nickle dime wagons attract dime piece girls.... by the way thats my second fav datsun color... first for seeing it on a wagone....my first best color is that musteard like on the barn find goon...clean car i really like the slots on there too...very nostalgic