datsunlandsocal Weather seals Q & A

hello this Mike from datsunlandsocal. i will try to answer all legitimate questions, regaurding window and weather seals that i sell. please keep the question short and to the point. example Q: Mike i have emailed you with no response. A: sorry to hear that. some emails slip by me, did you leave me a callback number? here at datsunlandsocal it's only me. datsunlandsocal is a hobby for me. i have a full time job of 22 years plus. i work for the state of Calif. alot of times i'm on call 24/7/365 a year. example Q: been hearing a lot of bad things about you lately. A: business is business. thier will always be ignorant people that don't look at both sides of the picture. they only react to what they read. i'm know open for questions.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for all the weatherstripping for a 72 4dr. how is the fitment, I've read about the weatherstripping cracking just after a few months? Did you get any updated parts for this?

click here

Datsun 510 rear window seals 68-73 that except the metal trim. yes, unfortunately this is a true fact that a very low precentage around 2%-5% are cracking that i have sold. when i found out that a seal had cracked i immediately got in contact with the manufacture in Thailand. i sent a seal to Thailand for evaluation. Thailand then and Thailand now are over the top helpful. the conclusion they came up with was that the seal was being manufactured to short. thus pulling on the lower two corners making them crack. Thailand immdiatly corrected that problem.

another reason for the lower corners cracking that i have seen is. people are installing the seals without the metal trim insert. thus putting alot of stress on the croners as the seal starts to set its self. thus voiding the warranty. won't go into the warranty with this post. will be happy to explain the warranty on another post, if posted.

• Like 1

another reason for the lower corners cracking that i have seen is. people are installing the seals without the metal trim insert. thus putting alot of stress on the croners as the seal starts to set its self. thus voiding the warranty. won't go into the warranty with this post. will be happy to explain the warranty on another post, if posted.

This is something that you should disclose when you sell your product so people are aware of it (in a form of notice inside your product or verbally when making a sale at the very least). I have used NOS seals without metal trim inserts with no issues whatsoever but of course this is with NOS. Of all the people I've heard complaints from no one has said anything about a warranty being voided because of not installing metal trim.

• Like 1

This is something that you should disclose when you sell your product so people are aware of it (in a form of notice inside your product or verbally when making a sale at the very least). I have used NOS seals without metal trim inserts with no issues whatsoever but of course this is with NOS. Of all the people I've heard complaints from no one has said anything about a warranty being voided because of not installing metal trim.

SSS510 thank you for your post. "This is something that you should disclose when you sell your product" maybe my mistake. no one has ask for this in the past 12 years i've been selling? one might think that when installing a seal or any part for that matter. it should be a given that when the part is not installed the way it was originally intended, that problems might happen. then it's fair to void a warranty for not installing the seal the way it was originally intended. for notifying potential customers and or customers i will correct that. i will put something on my web page, and start telling people at car shows and swap meets. that's not to much to ask for.

There is also the time I got a front seal and my corners had split apart. Datsunlandsocal said he would usually warranty that and when I sent the corners he said oh that's from incorrect installation I will not warranty that. I have showed a lot of people the rubber they all said bs there is no reason it should've done that. Alex even tried to help. He was willing to give me at no charge, a cal look front seal I told no thank you I need the oem style seal. But that was very generous and extremely thoughtful. He also said this is why he no longer sells datsunland products he couldn't take the constant problems with the parts. I don't blame him.this is my experience that I have had. And I also told both sides of the story.

• Like 1

There is also the time I got a front seal and my corners had split apart. Datsunlandsocal said he would usually warranty that and when I sent the corners he said oh that's from incorrect installation I will not warranty that. I have showed a lot of people the rubber they all said bs there is no reason it should've done that. Alex even tried to help. He was willing to give me at no charge, a cal look front seal I told no thank you I need the oem style seal. But that was very generous and extremely thoughtful. He also said this is why he no longer sells datsunland products he couldn't take the constant problems with the parts. I don't blame him.this is my experience that I have had. And I also told both sides of the story.

DARIN510 did you read this post? this post is for Q & A. let me help you out. question: datsunlandsocal below are two of my posts what is your side?

DARIN510 let's start with the facts. todays post jan 1-12 11:34am. "Datsunlandsocal said he would usually warranty that" this is ture. "He said he would give me a new one all I had to do was cut out the corners and mail him just the corners" false from post sept 04 2011 09:11am don't change your story, was it "usually" or was the story "all I had to do was cut out the corners and mail him just the corners" which story is it? DARIN510 you told me that the cracking was exactly like the cracks of others had in the lower corners. but what you were experienceing were both upper molded corners cracking. i told you i needed pictures of the seal still installed. which i never received from you. please if you would be so kind to post the pictures of the seal installed for all to see, or are the pictures conveniently missing? i told you i would work with you with this matter. to help you save money on shipping i did tell you to just send the corners back to be evaluated. but you elected to only send back the tops of the corners, and not the hole corner. having the hole corner to evaluate could suport your side or?

post spet 6-11 8:39 am "he said that's my falt not his" in my phone conversation with you about this i explained my side. in your post 9-6-11 you make no mention of the phone conversation. why? was just to slam me or to help your side look better?

DARUN510"He(Alex)also said this is why he no longer sells datsunland products he couldn't take the constant problems with the parts". i will definitely get a hold of Alex for he's side. i just left him a message on his cell phone. will also email him, and contact him thru Ratsun,and also have his parents home phone number if necessary. please Alex call me asap. Alex if you want to back slam me so be it. before i say anything about you man up we need to talk. for all that i have done for you in the the past,and can do for you in the future can't believe that you made that condescending statment!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

Was wondering if anyone has been in touch with mike Kay lately.I talked to him maybe 3 weeks ago. I had an issue with my front window molding splitting on the corners. He said he would give me a new one all I had to do was cut out the corners and mail him just the corners and so I did that about a week ago. As soon as I sent them out I can't get a hold of him now his phone is shut off he didn't answer his email. I'm going to jccs and now I'm going to look like a fucking idiot with corners missing on the molding.so if anyone has talked to mike or knows what has happened to him please let me know or let him know that I need that. Thank you

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:39 AM

You guys are are a huge help. I finally got a hold of him. Problem is, he will NOT warranty the rubber. he said that's my falt not his.so I'm going to have to glue some corners in just to make it look decent. I have had 5 other people look at that split and they all said no,that's from the shitty rubber doing that. So I just wasted 80 bucks on some great after market seal. I was told by Troy and Clayton to use vintage rubber. Guess I'll have to give them a try.

Mike, i have to ask what is the reason for this post ? to be honest you sound pretty arrogant towards potential future customers.If you cant find time to answer an e-mail from someone who purchased from you what are we supposed to think ? I bought from you on ebay years ago and never got my stuff after 2 weeks,im within 100 miles of you,so it wasnt the shipping that was the holdup.After finally getting in contact with you and some arguing and complaining i got a refund and i got negative feedback on ebay,im not an ebay seller but the negative feedback was not necessary.I dont mean to throw fuel on the fire,people should know what to expect when they purchase from you.

• Like 2

Mike, i have to ask what is the reason for this post ? to be honest you sound pretty arrogant towards potential future customers.If you cant find time to answer an e-mail from someone who purchased from you what are we supposed to think ? I bought from you on ebay years ago and never got my stuff after 2 weeks,im within 100 miles of you,so it wasnt the shipping that was the holdup.After finally getting in contact with you and some arguing and complaining i got a refund and i got negative feedback on ebay,im not an ebay seller but the negative feedback was not necessary.I dont mean to throw fuel on the fire,people should know what to expect when they purchase from you.

john510 thank you for your post. with over 1,000,000 hits on my web page in the past 6 years not to bad right? "Mike, i have to ask what is the reason for this post ?" it's my side. not just the band wagoners,slammers,and haters ect....so far people just talk about furture cuustomers. what about return customers that have purchased from me they don't count? i do try a answer all emails. a few get by. sorry but i just don't have the time like the slammer on ratsun with over 23,000 posts in the last five year or so. get a life. lets take moment see what postives datsunlandsocal has brought to the Datsun community in the past 12 years. i have been into Datsus for over 38 years, not to date myself. the sarcasm is always free. just a part of my great charming personality. hate me, love me, it's all good. for the past 12 yrs i have pourded thousands (a little over 100K)of my own money into making obsolete parts, thus help keeping Datsuns on the road. presently i have in the works over 30 plus new parts for Datsuns that will take the next 2-3 years to manufacture. the newest rubber seal that i just had remanufactsured and should be on my web page in around 4 weeks is fender seals for 68-73 Datsun 510's and more different Datsuns in the furture. i looked all (about 7yrs or so)over for a fender seal to use as a sample to make. i bought the fender seals brand new Nissan OEM factory off of ebay for $278.00 pair crazy yes. plus tooling and new parts i have spent a few thousand. but people have been asking me to make some for years. if you go to the forum for 620's look for the post "for King Cab owners only"that i posted. i remanufactsured rear king cab 1/4 window seals and now have them for sale on my web page. these were a real pain to make and took over 6 mos to make and a few thousand of my own money. all along never asking for preorders, customers money to manufacture any seals up front. i'm always open for offers to buy me out, and then that person or persons can deal with all the haters, and make all the money. i'm waiting.....

KING RAT

sent to me by Datzenmike

Group:User Administrator

Cars:'78 KC, '74 710 sedan, '76 & '77 710 goon owner, did own '68 510, '76 B210 (new), '71 521

Sent Today, 11:23 AM

This is a small community with a long memory. http://www.the510rea....php?f=1&t=8745 ( http://www.datsun510...008-1/1324.html ) and some stuff here. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/34638-1968-510-4-doors-for-sale/page__st__20 There is likely more and didn't take me long to find this. Watch your step here in the new year. You have a history and well deserved negative reputation here that I do not wish to discuss.

"You have a history and well deserved negative reputation here that I do not wish to discuss".

what are you afraid? i believe you only like slamming people when they can't be on the post your slamming!

listen i will not be threaten or bullied, and or intimidated by you or anyone for that matter. don't care that you are a staff person/user administrator on Ratsun either! Ratzenmike "you should remain selinet and let everbody think your a idiot,ignorant hater. than open your month and remove all doubt"

First let me thank you for so aptly making my point for me. I replied to your message and sent you a Private Message, if you want it public...well so be it. I only wanted to avoid a repeat of your past behavior here and on other forums. I invite anyone interested to have a read. http://www.the510rea....php?f=1&t=8745 ( http://www.datsun510...008-1/1324.html ) and some stuff here. http://community.rat...le/page__st__20

Mike afraid? He only sent you a Private Message so all didnt have quick access to those links, thus helping you out in a way.

I have bought from you twice, and each time received my items, though not without complications.

After which I started buying from Alex... I havent bought any seals in a long time though.

Mike afraid? He only sent you a Private Message so all didnt have quick access to those links, thus helping you out in a way.

I have bought from you twice, and each time received my items, though not without complications.

After which I started buying from Alex... I havent bought any seals in a long time though.

Laecaon thank you for your side. "He only sent you a Private Message so all didnt have quick access to those links, thus helping you out in a way".

this is what this post is all about. put it all out there for everyone to see.

thier are 3 types of good and bad advertising. #1 word of month: hey what a great guy datsunlandsocal is would buy from him anytime #2: what a a#@hole he is. from what i hear and have read #3: i have never herd of datsunlandsocal.

from a business owners perspective like my self. oobviously #1 is the best. #2 is #2. bad advertising is almost as good, as good advertising. why alot of people are way smarter customers than one might think. example lets say someone is out to buy a car. he/she goes to the first dealer and that dealer says and has it printed on the wall "you won't beat this price anywhere". would you buy a car from that dealer or would go to another dealer first. smart furture customers will ask questions and will want both sides. so as far as all the negitive posts. i would like to take this time to thank you for putting my name out there! #3 the worst advertising "i have never heard of datsunlandsocal"

"though not without complications". please explain? maybe i can correct the problem so others don't have to experience or be inconvenienced. sorry about your compication with me. don't want to sound redundant, but that's why i have this post in the first place.

First let me thank you for so aptly making my point for me. I replied to your message and sent you a Private Message, if you want it public...well so be it. I only wanted to avoid a repeat of your past behavior here and on other forums. I invite anyone interested to have a read. http://www.the510rea....php?f=1&t=8745 ( http://www.datsun510...008-1/1324.html ) and some stuff here. http://community.rat...le/page__st__20

datsunmike: my question to you is drum roll please......like Tom Cruise would say "i just crack my self up"! this should be a no brainer for a guy like yourself. my question to you is what was the post about on the BB list that started all the fuss? can't seem to find it on the above. for bonus points what was my 1st post too the BB list? let's bring this to the attention for everyone to read. like a ture slammer you are. you start a slam (post)midstream. just to make a post something it isn't. if you don't know the answer. get a hold of that girl Julian off the BB list.

Wow....

Mike was polite and kept his opinion to PMs, you brought it into your own thread. Seems to me your slamming yourself.

My opinion, you are one step away from a spammer, your spam PMs regarding your seals are annoying and your previous rant here shows you to be a bit unstable.

You have been banned from here before and it seems your heading down that path again.

As far as your first post in this thread, if you are running a business you might want to keep up on your email. Especially if that is your main conduit to your customers. Also, that 'bad publicity' is 'good publicity' really only applies to actors, musicians and politicians, not businesses...history has proven that many times, but please continue to get down with your bad self :rolleyes:

• Like 1

you know what?

implied_facepalm.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1317826786252

fuck this thread.

Datsunlandsocal: you just rave on making no real points about complete random shit with no structure what so ever.

you have a rude, arrogant, and often bizarre attitude towards members and your customers.

you flat out have shitty business practice behaving in such an unprofessional manner.

yo-dawg-i-herd-you-liek-derp-so-i-put-a-herp-derp-in-for-your-derp-so-you-can-herp-derp-while-you-herp-derp.jpg

I dont even know how to even fully address the complete level of DERP in this and all your other threads.

I dont even have anything incredibly clever..... the derp is just to much.

your an asshole to members and customers.

pijobf4e8h-t.jpg

dont let it hit your ass on the way out.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

:blink:

Wow...

Mr Kay,You are hurting your "cause" more than helping,Forget the meds?

I say lock it,ban him :cool:

No need for useless garbage trash talk.

I had ONE dealing with him about 6-7 yrs ago(he wanted to be the buyer of something I had,whined like a little bitch that he is)nuff said

*edit,I see skib banned him

Im sorry for not posting a question. I was just talking about my experience with datsunland. So that the next guy knows what he is up against whether he still buys from him or not it's on him at that point. Didn't mean to slander him wasn't my intentions. I did however explained to him how I was going to cut the rubber he said that was fine so i did I told him I can't take out my windshield because I'm entering my car in jccs and it was only 3 weeks away. He did not say anything about working something out after the fact. He told me after he saw the corners I sent to him " I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do for you I can sell you a new one if you need it. As for Alex he was not " back slamming you" I called him because mikes phone stopped working and he didn't responded with the emails and I explained the situation to Alex and he said I'm sorry you have to go though this I will try to get a hold of mile for you I said thanks that would be appreciated and he responded what ever I can do to help I will even though he was no longer dealing the products. Please correct me if I'm wrong or out of line guys I'm not scared to admit if I am wrong.

DARIN510...It`s not out of line if it`s true ..

Datsunsocal.... I had problems with your seal not fitting right at all ....I installed an NOS one 8 hours before yours and stainless fit perfect..We installed Datsunsocal seal and stainless never did fit right ...And the rubber was severely cracking within 4 months of installing ...zhiguli510 gave us your e-mail address and i e-mailed that address multiple times..With absolutely no answer ,,,,,,,,EVER,,,,,,,,,

I have no question why people should not buy from you..

.Anyone that needs more proof PM me and i will send you pictures of the crap seals Datsunsocaland sold me

Hell post them up here. If this is a poor product, members should know what they are getting if they buy from there. My original Datto windshield seal is 38 years old and still works. How can something last several months and crack and still be bring sold? Why would someone want something like that? On top of that is the poor customer service complaints.

Well, after reading all of this and other threads and hearing people's personal experiences, I know where I WON'T be buying my rubbers and seals. Those things are expensive as it is, so when I spend my hard-earned money, I don't want to add any unnecessary drama or stress onto myself. The best form of marketing is word of mouth. People talk. If you take care of your customers, your customers will take care of you.

Yep, heard enough bad things to know to stay away, this thread only reinforces that idea. And I need a new rear window seal for my 510, my original leaks when it rains now. Replaced the front seal when I did the windshield with a PPG seal. No issues at all, no cracks either, and no metal trim.