Sightings

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it weird there was never a diesel 4x4, its the same with the pathies too. Can anyone shed light? There is prob some reason I'm over looking.

The SD22 was only 60 hp. but had 15 ft lb more torque than the L20B and at only 1,700 RPMs!!! You would think this would be great for off road crawling. Land Cruisers had diesels. Diesels are more efficient than gas engines so give better mileage but are big polluters during warm up. Maybe 60 hp isn't enough for pulling a heavy 4X4 on the highway?

The SD22 was only 60 hp. but had 15 ft lb more torque than the L20B and at only 1,700 RPMs!!! You would think this would be great for off road crawling. Land Cruisers had diesels. Diesels are more efficient than gas engines so give better mileage but are big polluters during warm up. Maybe 60 hp isn't enough for pulling a heavy 4X4 on the highway?

Ya its true and with 4x4 drive line loss we're left with like 45hp lol. Maybe enough for 50mph haha and god help anyone towing/hauling. Weren't manual locking hubs in use yet though? The annoying ones you had to get out to lock.

I'm not very familiar with the 720 but I thought the 4x4 was all time, which would be disappointing to me since other makers gave the driver an option with part time 4x4. Unless I'm wrong anyway. For the d21 and pathy I know 100% they had the auto hubs. So if you had the option to go 2wd when you needed more hp to the wheels the question kind of still lingers.

It bothers me though to see a diesel d21 or pathy and have it be 2wd. Idk what the point is of owning all time 2wd nissan diesel truck is. Maybe a cheaper pickup work horse PU but def not a suv. The salt in the wound is that a 4x4 diesel is so bad ass, pull down houses with that combo.... or crawl up them lol.

Edited by 72240z

Here's more, the last 5 pics are from today! And I still missed pics of stuff like more 720s and Zs.

0702090833.jpg

0702091406.jpg

0703091534.jpg

0705091505.jpg

0705091840.jpg

0707090814.jpg

0707090955.jpg

0707091529.jpg

0707091717.jpg

0707092128.jpg

Edited by purple

Yes those are a lot of Toys, but many here like them too. The country driveway pic sucks, they had a Z and some Nissan sedans in that mix.

Saw one the nicest 320 this morning. Everything looked stock( Restored) and with all the front end chrome grill. Wish I had my camera. Thought about following him but was running late. If its local, for sure I'll see it again

Larry

Image3.jpg on I-10 going southbound...there really wasnt a cross road.

brownz.jpga brown z car on Ruff rauf just east of I-10

and then I saw a somewhat clean yuellow z car over by a car shop called Don's Hot Rod Shop, not sure about the cross roads. theres a lot more datsuns in the southwest than what i think is thought.:D

no pics again :( I saw a really rusty 720 in north Tacoma. Flat tire and looked like it had not moved in a year or more. I also saw an orange 240Z with ZG flares and fender mirrors. I wasn't driving so we didn't stop to take a closer look. Could be a Fairlady but it had all red tail lights.

so my buddy calls me up and says he need some help washing his mustang :confused:wtf i am thinking but okay. So he tells me to be at his house at 4:20 :D:lol: i show up and we start washing his mustang

rickandpatty075.jpg

next thing i know here come this trailer it was like being in heaven

whitezombie005.jpg

whitezombie007.jpg

whitezombie013.jpg

whitezombie009.jpg

whitezombie011.jpg

crank up the volume lol you might hear the tires woot

th_whitezombie019.jpgthis kid could grasp the whole it was an electric car

anyway i have a buddy who knows the whole whitezombie racing team and got to take alot of pics and ask alot of questions i cant wait for a ride now lol who knows someday maybe

Edited by freaky510
Thats the one for sale unless I'm mistaken.

white zombie for sale i highly doubt it!!

the mustang now that another story for a diffrent forum lol its one of those car when he starts it you cant get the seat belt on fast enough, one of the only times i could say a ride has scared me :lol:

went to lyons and so i decided to take the camera just in case ( i was thinkin bout this thread).. so my dad was driving and i was takin pics while goin down the road.. here we goo...

not so interesting

sightings006.jpg

wagon

sightings005.jpg

620 (automatic)

sightings003.jpg

sightings004.jpg