NO Golden Gardens Meets this year?????

Duke_CityR

So I was on the Northwest Nissan forum last night and found out that they are NOT hosting the Golden Gardens Nissan meet this year. Instead they are trying to organize a drift event at evergreen speedway that day. I like drifting and all but I can't understand why they would want to replace the GG meet with a drift meet at evergreen speedway.

First off, it almost always rains that weekend. Who wants to drift, or watch drifting, in the rain??

Second, what about the other FEW HUNDRED of us that won't be drifting?

I wanted to see if people from the northwest who usually go to this meet would still show up at GG that day? Or would people just show up at evergreen speedway and walk around in the parking lot?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know whats funny, i voiced shit about the rear wheel love drift shit and how it will take away from the old cars that dont want to drift their nice shit, and the fwd cars who cant drift, and all my posts were deleted by gaelen over there saying i was argumentive? All they care about are 240's anymore, its very sad. The drift event will take away from the show, because u will have people waiting in line to drift, instead of showing off their cars. All us sr20 guys on sr forum are not going to support them because of that. Golden gardens was a meet for EVERYONE, this new meet is just a meet for RWD drift lovers. I say later to that.

At least theres 2 shows here in the pnw that will never dissapoint. Blue lake, And Canby. The z car guys throw a very good show as well. Why is it us datsun guys only put on the good shows, oh wait most of us are older guys or have a older point of view when it comes to cars instead of drifting with newbs that will probally cause a giant accident :)

• Like 1

I've never been to GG, but this could be a good thing; all the douchey drift kids will be at the track, and the park will be open for people who just want to see, be seen, and hang out. It'll probably even reduce the harassment from The Heat that I've heard there's been in the past..

I may go if there's gonna be a substantial reduction in ass-hattery.

But, those spicy grilled onion burgers that guy makes are amazing!

That's Dimitri from Rightwheeldrive. They're known as Hawt Fire Onions, lol.

He used to be part of NWN a long time ago.

GG was initially started only as a get together by a small group of the original members of NWN in the early 2000's. It was just meant as a way for a small group of friends to meet in a nice centrally located point and see what each other had done to their vehicles over the winter. It grew very quickly as word spread and, as mentioned before, NWN was a key factor in spreading the word about it. Especially once it was encouraged to cross post the meet on other forums as well.

First and foremost, it was never intended to be a 'show' or any other kind of truly organized event. This is due to the rules imposed on Golden Gardens park and the facility. In order to have a true 'hosted' event there it requires permits, permits, and some more permits from the City of Seattle. We even had to take down the pop-up tents we had one year because of a lack of permits, lol.

In the end the GG meet out grew GG the park, so they moved the NWN portion of the event to Evergreen. The drifting thing is due to the fact that their membership has shifted in that direction in recent years, and that one of their newer Mods has a close relation to Evergreen Drift. I mean I hate to say it but, NWN hasn't been anything other than a 240 site in quite some time. :(

Definitely leaves it open for some other club to pick up the GG meet in the old way if they wanted.

BTW Dan, my guess is that Gaelen may have meant more so that the argumentative portion of your posts had more to do with how others were going to jump on it from the other side. He also gave quite awhile for people to give their input about the meet change, so I bet his view is that you missed your chance. Does it suck, yes, but it is what it is.

I've never been to GG, but this could be a good thing; all the douchey drift kids will be at the track, and the park will be open for people who just want to see, be seen, and hang out. It'll probably even reduce the harassment from The Heat that I've heard there's been in the past..

I may go if there's gonna be a substantial reduction in ass-hattery.

NWN had requested the Police presence the last 2 years, in direct relation to the asshattery.

I am all up for the Ratsun meet up at Golden Gardens. Why should us Datsun folk drive up to Monroe... I see enough tuners driving on the road. And after that Toy Run a few weeks ago I thinkk I have seen enough to last me a long time. There was easliy 1000 plus down there. But there are some cool rides to check out, I like all types of customs. But I enjoy hanging out and BSn alot more, and for the most part the Datsun seen has never dispenpointed me, most are good guys(and gals) So lets try to get something going and try to do it the same time in March...

I am usually not one to bitch or say negative shit about this site, but for the people whom seem to think Canby is the only worth while Datsun show to go to. Broaden your horizons and got to some more shows and get togethers. I have done shows from Canada, to California, and what I have found is that everyone is having a good time with the Datsuns and all that go with them. So, who cares who runs the show, or how many people show up, go out and enjoy the Datsuns and the people who drive them...Ok I am done ranting...!!!