I think I've got the fever...

pope_face

Datsun fever!

Alright, I know there was that issue with an excess of repetative threads being made not too long ago, but I really wanted to share... hopefully it's not too repetative. I didn't expect this to happen, but I'm getting another 521. I've just made reservations for a truck and trailer rental to pick it up, and I'm getting it on Sunday. It's just a rolling chassis, and it's in pieces, but it comes with more than enough body parts to restore the one I've currently got as well as complete this one. I'll post pictures when I go to pick it up, but right now some of the goodies include: Immaculate dash cap (no cracks!), perfect windshield and new gasket, stock radio, speaker, and package tray, and a gorgeous set of stock hubcaps and beauty rings. :D

Just had to share... :D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the encouragement everyone... pictures will be posted as soon as they're taken, which'll be on Sunday. It's on Vancouver Island, so unfortunately I can't just drop by and pick it up. I've still gotta clear out room in the garage to get it in there...

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I actually had a chance to look through some of the parts I picked up last weekend... Turns out there's a hell of a lot more of them than I expected... Not including the parts that came on Madeline, or the hood, fender, and bumper I got from Ted...

Five valve covers (two Datsun 1600 ones), two pairs of doors, three complete dashes, some six different gauge clusters, five or six fenders, three front bumpers, one heavy duty rear bumper, one pair of bumperettes, one full set of lights, three grilles, a newly reupholstered bench seat, two hoods, one core support, and six boxes of seatbelts, emblems, a wiring harness, and other assorted items. Plus, the good windshield, chrome hubcaps, radio, etc...

Now, time to try and get my camera to work so's I can post the pics...

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

You can see Madeline on the right in the second pic... And anyone have any idea what's up with the red dash in the third pic? The bottom two are the same as the one in Madeline... covered in some sort of vinyl or something. But, the top one is all metal, and it looks like the dash cap is as well. I can't tell if someone simply removed the vinyl and painted it, or if it came like that from the factory.

The red one is out of a 520, and it came that way from the factory. Very desirable, since there's no foam/vinyl to get old and crack. They were painted the same color as the body. I think the later ones came with a textured black glove box door like the 521 dash, but I'm not positive about that. I've seen two, but it could just have been a later door on an early dash. Great score!

Andrew

I have that same red dash for my 521 fil! Came out of a 520 for. Ted and bonnie hooked me up with it.

Dude what can I say, this is a SCORE it is like a treasure trove of frickin 521 coolness.

Speaker box is a rare thing too. Horn ring. 1600 valve covers. Dude I don't know what you paid, but the bench and horn and speaker and valve covers alone are prolly worth it.

Speaker box is a rare thing too. Horn ring. 1600 valve covers. Dude I don't know what you paid, but the bench and horn and speaker and valve covers alone are prolly worth it.

Are these 1600 valve covers worth something? I have like 4 of them and no one wants to buy them :lol:

Is there a cure for datsun fever? I'd say buying more datsuns would cure it but it does not.. I've bought and sold many.. it only makes it worse :D

Again, thanks for the encouragement everyone... No-one else seems to have the patience to listen to me go on and on about Datsun-this or Datsun-that.

Fisch: $500 for the truck and all the parts, $100 for the windshield and gasket. I had to rent a truck and trailer to get it back here, but it was still worth it.

SD: I may just be able to track something down... If I find another good steering wheel and package tray I'll let you know.

Actually... this is a bit premature, and not really the appropriate thread, but I'm considering driving down to California sometime this summer. Is there anyone that might be willing to trade a guest room or section of backyard for a couple nights in exchange for parts? I'm aiming for someone in the Portland area and someone in Northern California...

Are these 1600 valve covers worth something? I have like 4 of them and no one wants to buy them :lol:

Is there a cure for datsun fever? I'd say buying more datsuns would cure it but it does not.. I've bought and sold many.. it only makes it worse :D

The ones that actually have a value to them are the ones with the ribs over the hump and a threaded fill cap....probably get close to $200...they are extremely rare. The quarter turn cap in a ribbed cover makes them worth about $30?. The threaded cap in the non-ribbed cover is worth about $20. The ones that say Nissan OHC are less desirable than the ones that say Datsun 1600. The Datsun 1300 covers(L series) could probably fetch a few $'s.

The ones that actually have a value to them are the ones with the ribs over the hump and a threaded fill cap....probably get close to $200...they are extremely rare. The quarter turn cap in a ribbed cover makes them worth about $30?. The threaded cap in the non-ribbed cover is worth about $20.

I wonder what kind I've got... probably just one of the plain ones. I'll have to take a look next time I'm out there...

Mopar: I want a set for my truck as well, so I likely won't be parting with these. But, I haven't looked through everything yet, so if something comes up I'll let you know.

The ones that actually have a value to them are the ones with the ribs over the hump and a threaded fill cap....probably get close to $200...they are extremely rare. The quarter turn cap in a ribbed cover makes them worth about $30?. The threaded cap in the non-ribbed cover is worth about $20. The ones that say Nissan OHC are less desirable than the ones that say Datsun 1600. The Datsun 1300 covers(L series) could probably fetch a few $'s.

Ah yes, I remember those.. the LEAKY ones. :rolleyes: I have yet to get one of those. I wouldn't mind having one of those Datsun 1300 covers...