Rising Sun Hoods revisited

Figured I would start a new thread rather than have it buried in a 710 discussion... hijacking threads is so gay! :D

where do you think i can get a rising sun hood?

since you got a red car make the rising sun white. But seriously we do it on beater type cars where the paint is already kinda shot whether the car is straight or not.

Your car is very straight but still has a nice paint job which I wouldn't want to ruin it in case YOU WANT TO SELL IT AS ORIGINAL!!!!!! Find another hood and keep the nice one to put back on.

I did mine as a JOKE about 7-8 years ago and some how it took off. We 510ers always seem to have spare hoods and start with the WORST hood.

Ours are all trial and error with a spray can paint.Tape it off and go for it.

Dillion (KA510) 15-16 years old, does most up here in Everett WA. Matter of fact I think he now has a production line going, Ok not really but he does them. But we don't have choice Datsuns. More of the High Roller types hang on the 510 realm.

Really? How do I make an appointment for my 411? Maybe like Fisch's RatRod 411? :thumbsup:

411RatFinishFLAT-1.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured I would start a new thread rather than have it buried in a 710 discussion... hijacking threads is so gay! :D

Really? How do I make an appointment for my 411? Maybe like Fisch's RatRod 411? :thumbsup:

Your pretty close, Dillons in Everott. PM KA510 on the forum, make an appointment :D

Do you guys just guesstimate it? I figure since my car is going to be all primered up for a little while, I might as well throw something on the hood.

if you want it to look uniform you need to make measurements and draw straight lines to mask off.

Do me a favor.......make it different then other people like I did. That way we don't all look too cool, just a little:cool:

I was thinking about having about a quarter of the sun by the driver side headlights and have the rays extend from there. Or, to be really different, I'm thinking I might go with the Korean flag :eek: Being half Korean I think it's ok. Plus it's just going to be primer.

korean_flag.gif

For those who don't know what the Korean flag looks like.

To be honest, I'd rather go with paint than vinyl... are you doing it on the car in your pic? I'd say paint is less permenant... you can go over it pretty easily if you screw up or don't like it anymore, and it'll probably run you <$10 for a couple rattle cans, masking tape, and a few old newspapers. A vinyl that big isn't going to be cheap, as well as difficult to properly lay out so it matches the curves and looks good. Besides, ever tried removing vinyl? I had a large piece on my old car that I pulled off when I sold it... it was about 12"x24". Took me a good couple hours to get it all off. Unless you have a real nice paint job, I'd say go with paint... spray on, spray off.

As for originality... PAC's GMC wheels have me thinking... A rising sun wheel would be pretty cool. Just one... Especially if it was a stocker and you happened to have an extra hubcap that needed a rechrome/powdercoat. I think I might do it when I pick up my other truck...

• 10 months later...