New Fisch ART: '77-79 200SX-appeal

fisch

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott...........what can a man say but, WELL DONE! You really do great things with your work.

I have to agree with Laecaon, I dig the Bee very much.

The only thing I really want from the S10 is the interior for my goon.

200sx03.jpg

Had to pass at buying the dash from Ted a while back. I just didn't have the funds to pull it off.

Nice to see this car drawn.

I've often thought about cleaning up that model of Datsun. I also like how the front radiator support and grill area offers huge amounts of unused space. You can totally fit a straight six in there. :D

Now you are getting me real excited! Mmmm where is an RB20 when you need it. But if someone goes here, spend your monies on the proper bumpers and grill first!

My bro-inlaw was a muscle car guy back in the 70's, had some sort of rare Dodge Dart and now restores cars for a living, and doesn't have a classic of his own but wants one. (Also appreciates better gas mileage than a V8 affords.) We are headed to his area for T-day next week. There is a 200sx for sale within a few hours on CL. I wonder if I can talk him into making this!

I gotta say, even my wife, who is a Datsun supporter, hate, hate, hated this design. But when she saw the drawing, her tune changed. (Though she asked why I wasn't working on my paying illustration gigs! I said, "Honey, if I draw it, it makes me feel like I worked on one and therefor dampens the urge to actually go and buy a real one."

That logic, she could get behind.

Mua ha ha...

• 4 weeks later...

hurry up with that f10 I have been emailing a person that has 2 f10 datsuns for sale 1 is a goon the 1 is a sedan, I need to see if they can look cool

I've been working on one, and the goon looks pretty freaking cool! So slammed right now I don't know when I will finish it.

hurry up with that f10 I have been emailing a person that has 2 f10 datsuns for sale 1 is a goon the 1 is a sedan, I need to see if they can look cool

Thanks Goki! I am working on a f-10 goon and am going with some of your 'goon squad' flair!

Speaking of which, Z chopper, attached is a quick photochop on a F-10 goon is did as proof of concept before I took the time to draw one. The goon has a great line running down the side.I like the wood panel wagon the best I think!

F10Chop.jpg

The F10 has the weird sail pannel just like the S10 but the goon seems to take the quirkiness out of it. I have a four door sedan and the two door is much 'sportier?' looking. Like Orwell's "Four legs good. Two legs bad!" I would have to say "Two doors good. Four doors goon!" This is where four doors belong...on a goon. Have to say the F10 goon is a knock out.

The F10 has the weird sail pannel just like the S10 but the goon seems to take the quirkiness out of it. I have a four door sedan and the two door is much 'sportier?' looking. Like Orwell's "Four legs good. Two legs bad!" I would have to say "Two doors good. Four doors goon!" This is where four doors belong...on a goon. Have to say the F10 goon is a knock out.

I wish I had bought the one I photochopped there. I think it was in New England even if memory serves me, Maybe $800. or one like it. Two door goon=Yummy.

It is like they saw what was 'wrong' about the Gremlin, and made it cooler. That top ridgeline has a nice wave to it racing down the hood then swooping up behind the back seat window. And the little black hood vent things are a nice accent.

I wonder how hard they are to lower. I actually spent some time looking for something with a RWD for a MX520 style swap like Bob did. Cept you'd need the rear too! Or AWD platform and the same wheelbase. Too bad the Juke is too big. That would have been a neat drivetrain for a body transplant!

I love the sound of an A-series, but am surprised no one had dumped an SR into one.

Oh man, Fisch I love your ideas as usual. Both of these are amazing I would so build either one of them. I love the obscure. I will start looking and maybe find something to replace the Hilux. (the goon will always be in my stable, though.) :D

The guy selling parts in England has Bumpers for the F-10, I'd assume the sexy AKA non safety bumpers!

• 8 months later...