Hello from England, 620 content!

Willdatsun

I don't think the 200L (Laurel, chassis type C130) was sold in USA at all, which surprises many people as it has some of the most American influenced 60s muscle car styling of all the Datsuns.

Yes that was my 78 Fury which I bought as a solid Californian import , ripped off the vinyl top and repainted the car and got hold of all the right parts to make the perfect Rosco P Coltrane clone. Was good fun.

monaco-b4-after.jpg

I imported and built up a General (Charger) too of course! .Both had to go towards a deposit on a house unfortunately !

general-autumn09.jpg

Hi I remember you Hainz! I still have pics of your cars including the yellow chop top 510.

And I happent to like those (American Racing Vector) wheels!! I bought them in USA and shipped them here a few years ago. I do plan on putting them on a B210 though. Wagon will probably get its steelies back.

Aah Patrols yes, had a few of THOSE.

3xy60s-05.jpg

Maybe about fifteen? (I've had 29 Datsun 810s for comparison :) )

drive1.jpg

I have had somewhere in the region of 400 Datsuns?

You sir, are a god amongst men. :angel:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Love the charger. There's a reason my 510 is orange, not only because the original color was orange. I stopped short of putting 01 on the doors though.

Very jealous of the Patrols, wish they would have brought those over here. Pathfinders are great, but namely wanted the 2.7 diesel option, or were those 3.0? Sucks about the rust on the other side of the pond though. I freak out about dime size portions on my D21.

What is a B122 pickup? All I know of '92 would be D21?

Ok another car picture from me. this is my B210 . its a 1975.

This is on the project pile, its fairly solid (amazingly) but has been badly repainted more than once and has lots of annoying dents , including the roof which are buggers to fix . Came with A12 engine but I have put in an A14.

Are you jealous of my bumpers yet? :)

khr-jan2011.jpg

• 6 months later...

Thanks for reply but that one doesn't float my boat. There was one in Australia I spotted on ebane 2 days ago but wasn't quick enough as he withdrew the truck and never replied to my message or picked up the phone :( so I figured someone saw what a deal it was and snapped it up locally.

• Like 1

Thanks. Any Auzzie members know of anything? I am literally itching to buy. Want to be cruising in it this summer.

Its funny how cars deteriorate differently in different countries. We get very little sun here, rubber and plastic items on cars tend to last very well. A cracked dash is almost unheard of. Seats last well. Even tyres can last 25 years. Bodywork can rot away super quick. Many cars go rusty when only 7 or 8 years old.

When I get a nice 620 it will be garaged kept and never driven in winter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...