Datsunlandsocal ?

DARIN 510

Was wondering if anyone has been in touch with mike Kay lately.I talked to him maybe 3 weeks ago. I had an issue with my front window molding splitting on the corners. He said he would give me a new one all I had to do was cut out the corners and mail him just the corners and so I did that about a week ago. As soon as I sent them out I can't get a hold of him now his phone is shut off he didn't answer his email. I'm going to jccs and now I'm going to look like a fucking idiot with corners missing on the molding.so if anyone has talked to mike or knows what has happened to him please let me know or let him know that I need that. Thank you

• Like 1
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you want to put another one in there? The replacement is the same as the old one. Find an alternate dealer for the windshield and rear window seals. PRP still made them as of a few years ago when I checked, and they're quality stuff. I think even Scotts Auto Rubber in Australia makes them too.

It's a warranty replacement so I wouldn't have to pay for another rubber. Other people told they haven't had any problems with the front one just the back one. So it makes sence to me to have him replace it. I'm just concerned that I can't get ahold of him now when I was just talking to him 3 weeks ago.

Good luck! He had a spot at JCCS last year might have one this year you might see him there!

He won't be at JCCS this year as far as I know. He is a member here. Send him a P.M.

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it.

I'll try to get in contact with him. I'll tell him someone is bagging on his shit on RATSUN, That should get him to get in contact with you. No one likes bad press. :lol:

Illness or accident emergency. Holidays. Computer crash.

The first two could take some time before being corrected. Holidays can be seen coming so some back up should have been provided. Computer crash a day or two to get on line somewhere else at worst.

• Like 1

You guys are are a huge help. I finally got a hold of him. Problem is, he will NOT warranty the rubber. he said that's my falt not his.so I'm going to have to glue some corners in just to make it look decent. I have had 5 other people look at that split and they all said no,that's from the shitty rubber doing that. So I just wasted 80 bucks on some great after market seal. I was told by Troy and Clayton to use vintage rubber. Guess I'll have to give them a try.

• Like 1

I'll call him and tell him that he is being an ass hat and he is going to cost himself future sales. I can't believe some of these small guys that sell in a small market.

Datsunland is a small world. :lol: word travels faster than an SR20 turbo 510.

• Like 1

PPG or Nissan dealer, that's all I have to say. My front windshield molding is great. Can't remember if it was from the dealer or Pilkington, but it was worth it. I need to do my rear window molding too though. I've heard some things about datsunlandsocal, some not quite so good. Makes it that much easier to pick a vendor! A Star in Spokane is pretty good about getting windshield seals. May see if Jaremko can still get Nissan oe rubber, if it's out there.

Zhiguli sells all the same stuff as Datsunland, I have a hard time contacting Mike, So I just order through Alex instead. I have heard that the windshield seals dont fit certain windshields, or is it that certain seals dont fit the certain windshields? I feel like I read about a thin and a thick windshield...

No guys Zhiguli (Alex) doesn't have a website, in fact he stopped selling Datsunlandsocal's stuff for various reasons, one of them was because of the flack he used to get from guys when the rubber would crack, it wasn't like he was making them himself but since he was the seller's face he'd have to hear the complaints about it and yes often times I'd hear that customers would be able to get a replacement from datsunlandsocal, but I doubt it was a guarantee thing. Well that and he got a jobby job where he doesn't have to rely on selling Datsun stuff on the side to get some extra cashola.

Unfortunately what he used to tell people still holds true...where can you buy OEM rubber? Unfortunately we don't have much choise or selection when it comes to this. I do wish you good luck in trying to get yours replaced!