Datsunlandsocal ?

DARIN 510

Then there are others that are in business that are like Dave Pare... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/38681-rip-dave-pare-of-pare-composites/ who are universally thought well of. Mike Kay has been bounced off the BB lists (one of only two in it's history to do so) and I don't think he posts on the Realm any more either. He may be one of those individuals that are 'normal' in person, one to one, yet can't help being contentious irritating pricks on line. They just can't help themselves. Not a way to run a business that relies on e mails either.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yahoos ? who posted and immediately got offensive ? i forgot all about the guy until he posted.I definitely appreciate any guy who makes and or manufacters, and is willing to sell Datsun stuff but nobody should be treated like crap unless they deserve it.Some call it customer service.And some have no idea what it is.

Some people need to lighten up on the guy. I dealt with him in person, and he was really nice to me. Sure my rear window seal split, and I won't buy another one of those from him, but the rest of the stuff I got from him has been fine. I would buy from him again for the other stuff he has listed. So one seal split, suck it up and move on.

Here's the thing that most of you yahoo's don't understand. There's a SEVERELY limited supply of new Datsun 510 stuff out there. If you all keep hacking on him he'll stop selling this stuff. Then the rest of us will have one less place to buy Datsun parts, from an already VERY limited field. Sure maybe some of the parts aren't perfect, but it sure beats having NOTHING. No? If you all were on the other side of the fence there's a high possibility that you'd see things differently. Things can get lost, people forget, business gets backlogged, and customers can have pissy attitudes and be a-holes. Just be careful before you all run him out of business and screw things for the rest of us.

I really have no problem with Big Mike or the seals he sells. Hell I bought my wagon from Mike. And it has all his rubber on it. I've had the wagon for over 3 years now and the rubber still looks good. Plus it sat outside at a friends house for a year before I bought it.

He is most of the time a really nice guy. But some of the stuff he posted here is not cool for a guy that is trying to sell datsun shit. He was quoting his customers then calling them stupid.

Not good business in my opnoin. Hell if I did that to my customers I would have a real job.

Nothing bad to say .... . I bought 2dr door seals, window squeeges, window channel felt, and front/rear windshield rubbers over 5 years ago

EVERYTHING is still in great condition 5 years later,,, , the windshield rubber doesn't have a single crack .... . I would buy one again

DatRod has a really good point,,, despite whatever circumstances led Mike to post that Q$A thread,, , it's still the ONLY place left to buy Datsun weatherstripping

and the ONLY part that anyone complains about is the Windshield rubbers .... . after all the shit-talking about his products and buisness I would be VERY deffensive too

Long gone are the days of "Too Intense Restoration" ... .. . all it takes is one guy to make a stink about how they got "ripped off" on the internets

Long gone are the days of "Too Intense Restoration" ... .. . all it takes is one guy to make a stink about how they got "ripped off" on the internets

That's why I would contact that guy and make it right.( If I made a living off Datsun stuff.)

I know Mike is pissed at me but I'm going to call him today. I tried yesterday but no answer.

I would definately still buy his products. I have talked to Mike at a couple of shows, he is a real nice guy always willing to help. Knowing what I know about the whinshield rubbers, I would still buy them. I mean it is better than having duck tape holding ur whinshield.

• 4 weeks later...

wow after reading that datsun so cal will not recieve any of my money... i actually pmed that guy with the four door to see if it came from idaho ... i tried to buy a similar condition 4 dr out there and had a hard time dealing with that seller not wanting to sell the car except for twice the dough... i pmed seller on here and he out back to me quickly and nicely and let me know a little history about that four door.... south paw has a ton of mikes parts on it including a full seal kit....gonna have to really think about it before i order the door and trunk seals for my wagon.... nobody call me stupid and laughs about it...except my wife she can...

shagy i said nothing about not buying a car cause ... i was refering to the seals in the goon i own are gone i was looking at his site cause we already bought a full kit for a 2dr....came on ratsun and found out all the back story to dlsc and thought i probably should look for another source...

the reference to buying a car was the link in this thread about dlsc bashing a minty 4 dr and its owner ... i was conveying i tried to buy a similar condtion car in idaho and that guy was dicking me around... i reached out to the op of the car for sale that dlsc was ripping to find out if car was the same....it wasnt he was nice and gave me the history of the car... its unrelated and i didnt need to expalin that but if you read any of my threads i tend to get a little wordy....

all in all i just want some door reals and trunk seals for my goon and was about to order from dlsc and am now thinking twice....im kinda a wierdo to deal with so im imagining that not being a goo combo...

laymans terms....bipolar whack job(me)+flakey liar= shit storm....

so still whats anotherr vendor of weathersttripping whos alex sems like a nice guy if he would reach out to mike kay for another custmer that wasnt his... thats my kinda service there...

To be fair, I think any problems are related only to the front windshield seal. Maybe a quality control problem with whoever in Asia makes them. Other stuff seems ok I guess.

F & R

i haven't heard if the replacements have failed.

i havent installed mine yet.

the wagon hatch seal is still in good shape 3 yrs later.

• 8 months later...