Datsunlandsocal ?

DARIN 510

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my windshield seals from Zhiguli510 and he was more than willing to help but the seals were not his so I don`t blame him for selling.I Blame datsunsocaland for shitty quality

I have bought other things from Zhiguli510 and he was very helpful and the parts fit great..I would buy from him again..

No guys Zhiguli (Alex) doesn't have a website, in fact he stopped selling Datsunlandsocal's stuff for various reasons, one of them was because of the flack he used to get from guys when the rubber would crack, it wasn't like he was making them himself but since he was the seller's face he'd have to hear the complaints about it and yes often times I'd hear that customers would be able to get a replacement from datsunlandsocal, but I doubt it was a guarantee thing. Well that and he got a jobby job where he doesn't have to rely on selling Datsun stuff on the side to get some extra cashola.

Unfortunately what he used to tell people still holds true...where can you buy OEM rubber? Unfortunately we don't have much choise or selection when it comes to this. I do wish you good luck in trying to get yours replaced!

Thank you Mario.

99% of the rubbers from datsunlandsocal never failed. There were some fitment issues here and there but overall, I got great feedback. Where else can you get this stuff???

The windshield and rear window seals were the exception. cal look or not, the rubber is not what it used to be and I was always looking for other optins with no success.

Mike has never been accused of having exceptional customer service. I had cusotmers who live close to him pay for shipping just so they don't have to deal with him. Which was fine with him.

That being sad, he helped me out a lot and I apreciate that but being a single parent doesn't afford me the time and energy to sell anything anymore.

I always tried to take care of all my customers to the best of my abilities.

It was fun meeting/dealing with folks.

-Alex

Take a look at this thread, it reflects the quality of the person you are dealing with.

I also have personal stories in this regard, but no sense in twisting the knife.

http://community.rat...doors-for-sale/

Stupid ha,ha

fucks wrong with you Big Mike?

Funny, he told my friend that he would guarantee his rubber at the last Eagle Rock. I wanted to buy from him there and he had none of what I needed so he told me to order off his site and he would not charge me shipping and I agreed.

I ordered off his website and then found out it was not secure! I cancelled and called him to cancel my order ASAP! So yes, my card was charged 4 times before it finally cleared up!

So I ordered again and it happened all over again! Got charged three times!! And then finally I got credited back and charged the proper amount. He had the "I was sick" excuse when I asked why it was taking so long to clear up the matter and then it was "My Wife" handles that! Then it begs the question, why doesn't he just let his wife handle the phone!!!

Luckily I am done with rubber needs, at least the major stuff, and do not have order from him again. My window rubbers are Nissan items and hopefully they will hold.

As always, Caveat Emptor!

I got a whole pile of stuff from him, but bought it all in person. He is correct in saying that his wife does indeed handle the billing, and he handles the sales. Like many, my rear window seal cracked, but I've been happy with everything else. I'd buy stuff from him again.

Hey everyone!!! I've been missing for a minute. Anyways, the last time I got window rubber for my 510 when I had it, I just went to a auto glass company (All star Glass), she was able to get me a good quality rubber for $75. I've done business with Mike, never had a problem, actually he was helpful.

Funny, he told my friend that he would guarantee his rubber at the last Eagle Rock. I wanted to buy from him there and he had none of what I needed so he told me to order off his site and he would not charge me shipping and I agreed.

As always, Caveat Emptor!

face 2 face or he forgets.

if you showed up with the corners, he'd swap it for you.

I have ordered twice from him.

First time he forgot to ship for 3 months. I forgot to since school had just ramped up.

Second time I got a call and he said his car/shop got broken into and he would take a few days to get the parts.

Either way, I got my stuff. He gave me a little prize to make up in the first one. He has been nice on the phone.

I havent had any credit card issues.

• 3 months later...

sorry to necrothread

but

this thread contains the negative customer f.b. he was getting in this thread a FOUR months ago, but he made no attempt to explain himself or even deny the complaints

he finally "mans up" and starts a separate thread to attack his accusers

he also sends me this "poison" pm:

Burabuda,

datsunlandsocal has sent you a new personal conversation.

datsunlandsocal said:

=====================================================================

FUCKER so sorry you don't have to talk to me that way. you must of mistaken me for your mommy and daddy!

sorry to necrothread

but

this thread contains the negative customer f.b. he was getting in this thread a FOUR months ago, but he made no attempt to explain himself or even deny the complaints

he finally "mans up" and starts a separate thread to attack his accusers

he also sends me this "poison" pm:

datsunlandsocal

Hall Monitor

Group:

Members Posts:

67 Joined:

17-January 08 Location:Brea, Ca. Cars:1968 2 door 510 Sent Yesterday, 07:14 AM

sorry John you don't have to talk to me that way, you must of mistaken me for your father.

WOW!!!!! I got this one yesterday. I think Mike has lost his mind. I have no fucking idea what this guy is talking about.

datsunlandsocal

Hall Monitor

Group:

Members Posts:

67 Joined:

17-January 08 Location:Brea, Ca. Cars:1968 2 door 510 Sent Yesterday, 07:14 AM

sorry John you don't have to talk to me that way, you must of mistaken me for your father.

WOW!!!!! I got this one yesterday. I think Mike has lost his mind. I have no fucking idea what this guy is talking about.

Someone else got nearly the same message. Ive met Mike a few times and that doesn't sound like him at all.

My $.02

I have only dealt with mike in person.

He has ALWAYS been super nice and more than helpful

As far as rubber issues I haven't bought any but he stands behind the rubber

He has nice polished products

Possible Hacking ?

THE BAD ARROGANT ATTITUDE DOES NOT SOUND LIKE MIKE

possible, but theres no way we (the staff) can verify

but the behavour isnt just specific to Ratsun which really minimizes the possibility of a hacked account.

Time will tell

Some people need to lighten up on the guy. I dealt with him in person, and he was really nice to me. Sure my rear window seal split, and I won't buy another one of those from him, but the rest of the stuff I got from him has been fine. I would buy from him again for the other stuff he has listed. So one seal split, suck it up and move on.

Here's the thing that most of you yahoo's don't understand. There's a SEVERELY limited supply of new Datsun 510 stuff out there. If you all keep hacking on him he'll stop selling this stuff. Then the rest of us will have one less place to buy Datsun parts, from an already VERY limited field. Sure maybe some of the parts aren't perfect, but it sure beats having NOTHING. No? If you all were on the other side of the fence there's a high possibility that you'd see things differently. Things can get lost, people forget, business gets backlogged, and customers can have pissy attitudes and be a-holes. Just be careful before you all run him out of business and screw things for the rest of us.