Good Datsun tool kit?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always carry an 8, 10, 12, 14, 1/2 socket and open end.

lug wrench, jumper cables, flat head screw driver, philips screw driver, hex wrenches

(Iv got a bunch of hex bolts on the 620), flash light, jack stuff, 1 qt oil, 1 qt brake fluid, and a bottle of water/anti freeze.

and I keep a freezer bag of misc datsun nuts and bolts in my tool box just for good measure.

I have a 1967 Datsun 411. With the exception of the battery clamps and the oil drain plug, a half inch wrench could disassemble the whole car. I carry jumper cables for other cars in trouble and a 12 volt air compressor in case I am dumb enough to run over a nail. Oh, and black electrical tape.

I carry my junkyard toolbox. Meaning the toolbox I used when I worked at the junkyard. Full set of tools including 3/8" ratchet & sockets.

Next to the seat I carry

* 10mm combo wrench

* 12mm combo wrench

* small knife

* #1 phillip screwdriver

* 6-inch crescent wrench

With those I can rebuild the carburetor and do most engine work.

This is a sad testament to the reliability of our Datsuns. Oh my, should I carry a spare L18 in my bed just in case? To be honest I do carry a letherman, and have used it more than once to save my but. I hope we all realize this is why people are willing to make huge car payments. Carrying tools for your ride and needing to use them is a deal breaker for about 99% of all Americans. So funny. We are such a sub culture.

I carry tools so when i feel like working on my stuff at a friends house or helping a fellow datsun owner i can. My truck has never left me stranded except when i knowingly put it on its last leg. The only time i really break out my carry along tools is when im making my truck better. ;) I dont work on my truck at my own house cause i live in a apt a t the moment and the land lord gets pissy.

Well anyone who was around saw the kinds of tools I roll with on a roadtrip.....but around close I bring brake, oil and water to cover the fluids, my 1/4 drive socket set, 8 10 12 13 14 17. Wrenches, combo screwdriver and my leatherman. And I usually always have my snap on impact with me with proper impact sockets....

i carry a cresent tool kit in my car it has wrenches from 8mm - 15mm sockets from 6mm-21 mm screw driver with bits (ditched that for regular screw drivers) a pair of needle nose i also added a 17mm wrench a flashlight a pair of channel locks and vicegrips road side flares jumper cables a can of fix a flat some electrical and ducktape a roll of wire and some connecters basicly enough tools to damn near rebuild the car if the car breaks down in the middle of nowhere i WILL be driving home. tow truck? we dont need no damn tow truck!

all i carry is water and oil and what ever i have laying on my floorboard :D

Typical crack head mechanic :P

This is a sad testament to the reliability of our Datsuns. Oh my, should I carry a spare L18 in my bed just in case? To be honest I do carry a letherman, and have used it more than once to save my but. I hope we all realize this is why people are willing to make huge car payments. Carrying tools for your ride and needing to use them is a deal breaker for about 99% of all Americans. So funny. We are such a sub culture.

What's really sad is that damn near everyone back in the 60's through the 80's at least had a basic understanding of working on their own cars. Then again, we also used to have shot and mechanic classes in nearly all public schools. I can't imagine how much money I have saved by being able to do my own work on cars.... although I've probably lost most of that money in various other projects. :D

and we all know how that turned out :lol:

Umm... awesomely? :hyper:

I have a small fishing tackle box that i use when going to the JY. It has a couple screwdrivers, wrenches 8mm-7/8in. Pliers, side cutters, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2" sockets(8mm-7/8in) and ratchets.

I do not carry anything regarding repair parts for a roadside repair. And i have never needed any with this truck. My JY toolbox has only come out at the JY or to help another Datsun owner out. Never to do anything on my own truck.

AAA will bring it to my house if i am broken.

Fix it without Mickey Mouses help that way. :fu:

I have a small fishing tackle box that i use when going to the JY. It has a couple screwdrivers, wrenches 8mm-7/8in. Pliers, side cutters, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2" sockets(8mm-7/8in) and ratchets.

I do not carry anything regarding repair parts for a roadside repair. And i have never needed any with this truck. My JY toolbox has only come out at the JY or to help another Datsun owner out. Never to do anything on my own truck.

AAA will bring it to my house if i am broken.

Fix it without Mickey Mouses help that way. :fu:

hey man mickey is a pro at african-american engineering!

only time my datto broke down on me was when the carb decided to fall apart on itself. Needless to say it was towed home and carb was gone through and checked out.

Where does one store tools in a 521 anyway? Seats are all the way back so i can fit barely enough room for the stock jack and what not.

Where does one store tools in a 521 anyway? Seats are all the way back so i can fit barely enough room for the stock jack and what not.

The Tackle box that i use fits behind the seat of my 620, thats one of the reasons that i keep useing it. :D