like crack...

hardslammed

hello folks... new datsun guy here so i figured i'd say hi and introduce myself. the names andy, been a lurker here for a few years i guess and now that i officially have a datsun i decided to sign up.

just bought a decent little '71 521 after years and years of saying "i'm getting one".... dunno what took me so long but whatevs, i got one now. so far this thing is like crack addicting, i've been getting sick of new cars as of late and this little guy is just what i needed... it's a bad ass little truck and have some plans for it but for now here's some crappy pics :D

how she looks now... i've only had it about a week. reindexed torsions until i can get better accommodations

IMG_7784-1.jpg

IMG_7782.jpg

IMG_7781.jpg

when i brought it home...

IMG_7701.jpg

not that anyone cares... the other car

IMG_7711.jpg

anyway, i'll keep you fellas updated whenever i do something to the little fella. thanks for lookin' :cool:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Niiiiice one Noob!!! Oics and all!!

The natives will be happy!!

We do have a resident crackhead on the forum, you may have read his posts, Wide14u?

When he sees the name of this thread he is gonna freak out :lol:

EDIT-- AWWWW crap!!! He found it!! :lol:

Cool lil truck btw

WELCOME ABOARD!!

Haha yeah this fella must have had all sorts of different mirrors on it as there's tons of holes drilled all over. I got the big ass trailor mirrors, which I sorta like but I'm looking for the og little ones.

Plans are:

some kinda motor swap... Maybe a built l20 with side drafts and shave the bay and hide as much shit as possible for a nice clean bay. I'm not really a motor guy and never really did anything to the motors on my cars but this time around I'd like to learn and and have a nice motor. Doesn't have to be a rocket just want it to get after it and sound bad ass and look clean...

But first I'm getting the suspension sorted. Gonna bag it but not typical mini truck stuff with everything cut up, I'd like it to air out and tuck tire on a set of 15" wide old school step lipped 3pc wheels. Kinda euro style like an old mk1 rabbit or caddy truck. I'll Try and run them as aggressive as possible. I understand that's not everyones cup of tea but that's what I want. my good buddies own a wheel company called rotiform and I'll be running the race series wheels if anyone is familliar [same style wheels on my Audi but smaller] ... I wanna retrim the interior [bench headliner\visors] in this old Knoll textiles fabric which was used to upholster mid century furniture. Sorta stock looking but not. Replace seals and stuff... Anyway that looks like a diatribe so I'll stop typing now :D thanks again guys for the warm welcome!

ha, I'm with laotsu. I like my trailer mirrors! I even sourced another one from Wayno because I was missing the passenger side one :D To each their own though....

Oh yeah, and nice looking truck! Looks pretty damn clean.

does anyone know what steering wheel hub adaptors work for these trucks? i have a raid dino wheel and raid makes their own hub adaptors but no part numbers for a 521. raid uses the same bolt pattern as nardi i believe... i've searched all over this site and ebay.. etc. and nothing that i've seen comes up for anything about the 521. if anyone knows if the spline is the same as say a 510 or any other datsun/nissan or any other brand for that matter i'd love you forever if you can share this knowledge with me! pirate.png

and just so you guys know out of all the car forum sites out there [i've been to pretty much all of them] you guys are really cool and helpful and not full of yourselves. i hate all these new stance bullshit sites and all these various blogs for the most part even though my buddies run some of them i still tell them their sites suck laugh.gif i don't get that impression over here. just genuine peeps from what i've seen and usually on these other sites you'll see the regulars acting like nobody has accomplished what they have, again, i don't feel that here... i just wanted to share that with y'all thumbup.gif

I think just buff it out and paint the rims white to match the white walls with the stock hupcaps, call it good!!!!!!!!!!

We tried all the Pathfinders and Armada wheels or what ever. Nothing better than stock hubcaps with white wall ans white rims!

save your money! this truck is already cool!!!!!!!!!!

Airbags and all that you will NEVER get ur money back.

Just buff out and roll it. YOull get the thumbs up anyways. Watch!!!!!!!!!

heres mine

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18180

sweet ride! i noticed you took off the hubcaps. if you don't want them i'll take em off your hands. either way i like you style.

btw. so jealous you have the front blue/yellow license plate

Haha yeah I know I won't get all my money back if I ever decide to sell, that's not why I wanna do what I wanna do. I just wanna do it for fun. This is not my first car project and certainly not my last. I'm new to datsuns but certainly not new to the car scene.... But yeah it'll get buffed out and it's gonna be on steels for a bit anyway :)

and you're right dude, just having it a week or so and everyone looks at it and smiles at me haha awesome little truck!

oh and I plan to keep the hub caps I just took em off to clean em and buff em out

I rather have a red 521.!!!!!Your truck is better as it has less rust. Mine is rusting out from the inside!!

there was a green one in Exellent cond for sale for like 3600 and no takers so be sure you kno what your getting into, as these 521 are kingpin trucks. Doorhinge front instead of ball joints. Most likely yours is bad and dont know it yet.

Also try not to remove to many leaf speings in back as you get axle wranp under hard acceleration. If a 521 can do that.

PS I just spray canned the wheels white.

Women were throwing flowers at me and old men comming up saying I had a truck like that!!!!!!!

@ jon, thanks man. i like the color of your truck how it seems to be fading? or is that the color? either way i like how it's kinda orangish. reminds me of a vw color called mars rot [mars red]. my interior is decent. i need all the same stuff most peeps seem to need. i'm gonna get the bench headliner and visors redone soon and i'm thinking to make a new dash top out of fiberglass.

@hainz, hahahahaha man that's some funny shit about women throwing flowers and old dudes saying stuff about the truck. thanks for the tip on the kings, i've been doing some reading and put that on the list of things to do first thumbup1.gif

@ jon, thanks man. i like the color of your truck how it seems to be fading? or is that the color? either way i like how it's kinda orangish. reminds me of a vw color called mars rot [mars red]. my interior is decent. i need all the same stuff most peeps seem to need. i'm gonna get the bench headliner and visors redone soon and i'm thinking to make a new dash top out of fiberglass.

ya that passenger front fender is kinda orange. but ya i also want to do my door panels, maybe a tuck and roll style. good luck with yours dude! glad to see another 521 saved