like crack...

hardslammed

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of door panels, mine are metal. are these custom? or were some 521's meant to be extra strippo? they don't look home made to me.... if you can see in the pic they come to a point in the center.

IMG_7699.jpg

More than likely they were fabricated by someone that knew what they were doing, I have only seen stock fiber board door panels with covering.

scored a mahogany raid dino wheel and hub on the cheeep so i threw it in for now cool.gif

BTW hub is for an older ford truck and it fits the spline perfectly. there's maybe a half inch or so collar on the back of the hub behind the spline hole, just grinded it off and almost completely eliminated the ugly ass gap most of these hubs seem to leave on these trucks.

piecing together parts for an engine and suspension goodies so i hope to have a really cool update soon. although my 3 month old and house projects seem to keep getting in the way laugh.gif

IMG_7817.jpg

IMG_7815.jpg

scored a mahogany raid dino wheel and hub on the cheeep so i threw it in for now cool.gif

BTW hub is for an older ford truck and it fits the spline perfectly. there's maybe a half inch or so collar on the back of the hub behind the spline hole, just grinded it off and almost completely eliminated the ugly ass gap most of these hubs seem to leave on these trucks.

piecing together parts for an engine and suspension goodies so i hope to have a really cool update soon. although my 3 month old and house projects seem to keep getting in the way laugh.gif

IMG_7817.jpg

IMG_7815.jpg

so do your turn signal reset then? also, do you know what year of ford?

The eBay listing didn't say the year ford it came off of but I'm willing to bet it was 50's 60's.... I'm sure mostly all of those older fords columns are the same. I never thought I'd ever find a raid that came off a ford... I always bought them off eBay.de

The trun signal never canceled itself with the stock wheel and it doesn't with the raid hub either. doesn't bother me though.

The eBay listing didn't say the year ford it came off of but I'm willing to bet it was 50's 60's.... I'm sure mostly all of those older fords columns are the same. I never thought I'd ever find a raid that came off a ford... I always bought them off eBay.de

The trun signal never canceled itself with the stock wheel and it doesn't with the raid hub either. doesn't bother me though.

Thanks for your info. my turn signals reset, and ive kinda mulled over the idea of putting an all black grant wheel on, but from what ive read, the gap it makes with the adapter will make it so the turn signals wont reset.

• 1 month later...

man oh man.. wish work and the baby didn't get in the way of modding the truck laugh.gif

anyway, still collecting some parts. i've got mostly everything i need for the disc brake swap in the front, suspension refresh, etc. still need to get brackets from BEEBANI. seriously lagging on that...

anyway. i finally had time to tinker with it over the weekend and i wanted to replace all the rad hoses and fuel lines, etc. so far i've found a few but was wondering if anyone knew of a honey hole that had all that shit? i know about rockauto, nissan.cc and i frequent drivewire.com for my audi parts and noticed they carry some good 521 stuff.... i know most of it you can just get hose and cut to size. i'm mainly taking about the molded specific hoses. are any of the shaped hoses form any other datty's the same stuff just different part #'s? i noticed some look similar.

thanks fellas pirate.png

I rather have a red 521.!!!!!Your truck is better as it has less rust. Mine is rusting out from the inside!!

there was a green one in Exellent cond for sale for like 3600 and no takers so be sure you kno what your getting into, as these 521 are kingpin trucks. Doorhinge front instead of ball joints. Most likely yours is bad and dont know it yet.

Also try not to remove to many leaf speings in back as you get axle wranp under hard acceleration. If a 521 can do that.

PS I just spray canned the wheels white.

Women were throwing panties at me and old men comming up saying I had sex in a truck like that!!!!!!!

fixed it

• 3 weeks later...

had a little time to myself so since the little guy is laid up right now i decided to clean up some shit. got inspired by reading datsungatherer's thread and started cleaning all the dirt and grease since i wanted to tidy up the engine bay anyway. also, i have lots of new parts on the way just for the sake of replacing stuff and making it look better and run better... gaskets, fuel pump, water pump, rad hoses, heater hoses, aluminum rad, thermostat and housing... etc. you get the point

painted stuff black and removed the battery tray gonna move the battery behind the seat. i have a little dry cell odessey. hid and cleaned the wires. i am going to paint the bay but for now it looks alot better. not finished cleaning yet but i was so stoked i got to work on it i decided to post some pics since you guys are pic whores biggrin.gif

some before pics:

filthy

IMG_8236.jpg

IMG_8241.jpg

IMG_8242.jpg

IMG_8243.jpg

IMG_8247.jpg

after pass. side

i'm thinking about ordering a custom painless wiring harness since i'm going to be doing the bags soon anyway, but for now it looks alot better cool.gif

IMG_8251.jpg

IMG_8252.jpg

IMG_8253.jpg

IMG_8262.jpg

for fun, here's some pics of my daily beast

L1070342.jpg

L1070327.jpg

thanks dude.... wheels are Rotiform TMB. my best friend brian and good friend jason own the company with custom forged sets and a line of cast wheels. specs are 19x10.5 and 19x11.5 fully forged made in the USA 3pc wheels. car is on bagyard air suspension out of austria.

basically for my truck i'm gonna do a small wide 14" or 15" version of my wheels 6 lug and all

yeah, i thought about rerouting that fuel line and some other stuff when i was starting to dig in. these pics are just from a basic clean up. when im done it should look like just a motor sitting there with minimal clutter...good eye tho my man thumbup1.gif

Right on.I might be doing trueforgedwheels on my 521.check him out and if you go on the website you will see my trailblazer ss in the gallery section its the only red one.I got 20x8 and 20x10 on the rear and was thinking of doing a 15x4 and 15x7 or 8 on the rear.I want to go old school skinny s up front and a little wider in the back.I do have a 09 audi a4 sline [cabriolet] that i bought my wife if we keep it i will do some motor mods and of course wheels.And also i am in the mist of doing what your doing with my engine compartment.Looks good though.

• 2 weeks later...

been cleanin' this pig and painting/pcoating misc parts ... slapped a few painted parts on for fun to see some progress cool.gif

also, does anyone have some tips on cleaning the caked on oil and grease off the block? i just been using brake clean, degreaser rags and brushes

anyway, here's a few pics biggrin.gif

IMG_8326.jpg

IMG_8330.jpg

IMG_8332.jpg

hope you guys enjoy!

Guest kamakazi620

been cleanin' this pig and painting/pcoating misc parts ... slapped a few painted parts on for fun to see some progress cool.gif

also, does anyone have some tips on cleaning the caked on oil and grease off the block? i just been using brake clean, degreaser rags and brushes

Yeah engine degreaser and power washer

• 4 months later...

long time no see! still going with my little truck... work house projects and 10 month old keeps me occupied :cool:

so question: is there a picture diagram for all the hardware [nuts & bolts] for the entire truck? like starter bolts or alternator bracket bolts, etc? i started a tear down/rebuild on my motor and some of the hardware is old and fucked up, missing or just busted [imagine that] so a nice complete list would be nice.

thanks again all.... soon as i can find my goddamn camera charger i'll post some current pics.

oh yeah, forgot to mention... i have the stock carb/manifold, heater, air pump emissions type shit and some other parts if anyone wants it i don't want much if it's worth anything at all. lemme know what you need. everything is off my truck and worked when i took it all off