like crack...

hardslammed

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

been cleanin' this pig and painting/pcoating misc parts ... slapped a few painted parts on for fun to see some progress cool.gif

also, does anyone have some tips on cleaning the caked on oil and grease off the block? i just been using brake clean, degreaser rags and brushes

anyway, here's a few pics biggrin.gif

IMG_8326.jpg

IMG_8330.jpg

IMG_8332.jpg

hope you guys enjoy!

Beautiful engine.

Awesome sky... Thanks again brotha. I searched for that but I came up fail.

Anytime you need shit for that Audi you let me know. I'll get you a good deal on some rotiforms if you want. As for my fenders it's an s6 so it comes factory wide body to accommodate the bigger 4.2 v8. I did massage the rears a little bit just to clear the wheel. Maybe 5mm at the most.

• 1 month later...

whats up ratsunites... work has kept me running like a mad man but i've had a little time here and there to work on my little guy and i figured i'd let the cat out of the bag and show you guys what i've been up to. it's still very rough as i haven't got all my parts yet and i've changed a few things, etc... i'm in no real rush but i'd like to have it driving for the JCCS.

new pedal cluster is on it's way and waiting on various shit like my new chassis wiring harness and we've been mocking shit up and trying to find the cleanest way to do this. the bay is getting shaved and still needs alot of welding etc. to finish but it's getting there. all the wires and brake lines are getting hidden as much as possible and i've changed my carb set up, etc.you get the idea. if any of you are familiar with how the euro/belgian guys do up watercooled vw's well this is the direction i am going as i'm a euro guy at heart. this went from a simple brake swap to a fucking money pit :sweat:

anyway here's some shitty pics

IMG_8336.jpg

parts are starting to slowly trickle in.... there's lots of shit at powdercoat i forgot to snap pics of :wacko:

IMG_8341.jpg

engine bay is still very rough and fabbing up some stuff and some welding, like the wiper motor hole and some other little holes need to be closed up. etc. [buddy borrowed my welder] but basically everything is gonna be clean and hidden as much as possible while maintaining the OEM look of the engine bay. it's not going to have loads of bondo like a cheap stereo install if that's what you're wondering... it looks very different now, motor is all the way out, etc. but i don't have any pics handy so here's from a couple months ago...

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

wheels are here also but still waiting on lips, etc. but those i'm keeping a secret :P :ph34r:

hope you guys like!

Rotiform wheels are custom right? Can they drill a 6X139.7 on one of their exisiting designs?

all the 3 piece wheels and the forged wheels are custom built. they have some of the cast wheels as blanks that can be drilled but likely would have to see if the monting pad and center section of the wheel is large enough to support the bolt pattern.

LeeR, I don't think the cast Blank wheels can be drilled for 6 lug and the centerbore is huge on these trucks as well. If you really want one of a kind wheels you gotta go with made to fit forged units.

Also, if forged wheels aren't in your budget you can always run adapters and a set of the cast wheels, or any wheel so long as the offset etc. allows. But if you want a set if rotiform's that's always an option because I know first hand how much forged shit cost.