FABRICATION FAIL THREAD

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats wrong with flux core welding exactly?

I'll tell you the biggest problems is people not knowing what they are talking about when they refer to it lol. Dual shield flux core is FAR superior to standard mig and is used for shop fab and structural construction all over. some wire is even seismic rated to withstand earthquakes or thermal rated to withstand incredible temps, talking beyond standard xray quality. What gives flux core a bad name are all the back yard wana be's that buy a 20 dollar welder and dont have a clue how to use it.

This thread tells me a lot of people miss the point too lol. Fabrication fail, that means a failed result of poor design, construction and use of tools. If someone wants to spend hours fabricating their own stuff instead of buying off the shelf thats their prerogative. Same if they want to slam their ride and go pure form over function.

HOW they do it is the point of this thread. Be it a 20 dollar flux core or a 10,000 dollar tig the result can either be good or bad and that is what we're are talking about here.

You are completely correct, flux core is perfectly fine if correctly executed, problem is cheapskates and idiots buy them without knowing welding and fab, metallurgy, or basic design.

I make my own parts sometimes, but then again I will not weld together 30 pieces of rusty pipe cut at sharp miters instead of spending the few bucks to get a proper piece of structural or exhaust tubing professionally bent. i dont have the equipment or skills and Im ok with that.

In all fairness, 99% of the photos in this thread scare me to death thinking these vehicles could be on the road, and alot of it is not if it failed, but when. The fancy chevy truck only shows that high dollar vehicles are not immune to poor decisions.

which one the one in arizona or the one who just died

which one the one in arizona or the one who just died

kid in arizona i believe who just died ...u thinking courtney halloway er something...i saw this car in mag then saw it show up hee and get annoying then it dissapeared after he was told to stfu

Here is another Rat Rod fail...used to be a Ford Ranger

83RatRodRanger02.jpg

Then there is this VW Rabbit truck...

img_0472.jpg

VW again

rat-rod-vw-02.jpg

Another S10

5Nc5I95Gd3Ke3Ge3m1c7308a4cd50519d1ec2.jpg

BMW rat rod

01-rat-rod-bmw-2002-628.jpg

WTF?

international-truckcar.jpg

xlarge.jpg

And this fool should be smacked around for ruining this Z...

$(KGrHqFHJEIE-ne-y9lyBPtn3mGUiw~~60_12.JPG

Then there is this gay rice trend with the rusted hood

32055110946_large.jpg

Its far from a "rice" trend. Domestics started it a long time ago. It got popular recently with bimmers and hen vw's. Along with stupid roof racks and assholes who have bikes on their cars 24/7.

• Like 2