Best custom licence plates...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look at my avatar. It originally was on Shifty's Miata, and then he had to give it up when he moved, so I grabbed it for my roadter. :D

Haven't come up with anything clever for the 411 yet. Some suggestions were PRE 510 and INFO.

My plate on my pontiac says KO RAT. Now if you are into hotrodding you will know that a Big Block chevy motor is called a rat motor. Pontiac's never had rat motors so it's kinda a test to other hor rodders. So you got a chevy in that? Hell yes, 454 motherfuckker!

When I was down on Oregon yesterday I saw a Washington vanity plate that said "LV2BYTE". Maybe it's just my dirty mind but I kinda wonder how that got past the censor board.

The plate at the top of the thread isn't actually a custom plate- it's just an unfortunate combination of letters/numbers in a Florida general issue plate. Florida general issue car plates follow "Letter-Number-Number, Letter-Letter-Letter" patterns. Of course, having the big round orange in the middle completes the picture.

I drove with that plate on the front for over two months, but we don't have front tags here. Only for the back.

Its up to a cop if they want to pull you over.

In washington front plates are required and you are not allowed to have any other license plates on your car other than those issued for your car.

Hey Mark......... You forgot My dually's plate!!! 620 Fourdoor

duallywelding4.jpg

I have a few also I've found...........

Madmini Rockinmini and 73 Dats

My 1986 Maxima wagon had Maxdmax which nobody could ever figure out. I "Maxed" out My "Max" with accessorys. On a wagon I added a Maxima front spoiler, the mudflaps and hand painted in all of the wheel cutouts. I ran a Wolf bra on the front. Also the windowglass was limo tinted. I still have those plates.

I'll try to photograph them later. Nice thread Bleach!!

On Japanese plates. I want a pair in the worst way!! I was told do NOT get caught trying to take any in My suitcase when We left Japan. How to get any is beyond Me. I tried to get the VIN plates and license plates for the RHD parts I traded for, but no luck. Then when going through My Japanese magazines, I saw these.............

Cal106pg14.jpg 1927 Ford T bucket

Cal120pg35.jpg 1957 Chevy

Cal116pg70.jpg Datsun 521

Cal125pg19-1.jpg Datsun 620

I sent these photos to Shige and asked if there was any way to get 620 plates. His answer was "impossable". They sure would be cool. When in Japan I noticed ALL lrear icense plates are installed with a security seal. It has something in Japanese that indicates where and when it was applied. These are all front plates, but if You look closely on the other threads, You will see the seal on the upper left hole on rear plates. It was about the size of a quarter and connects somehow over the upper left bolt or screw.

Its up to a cop if they want to pull you over.

In washington front plates are required and you are not allowed to have any other license plates on your car other than those issued for your car.

I think ggzilla has a collector's plate, and they only issue you one of those. My Mom had one on her Falcon.

Speaking of plates, I got passed today on I-5 by a Green 521 with CAR plates on it. AFAIK that's not legal (unless you're running "vintage" period plates under collector registration, but these were modern tabbed car plates). I'm wondering if the plates (or truck) was stolen...

Ya, my Jeep has a collector plate...only get one and it has to go in the back. The vehicle has to be 25 years old or older I think.

The law is if you get 'caught' daily drivin and so on and so forth...it's sorta on the cop to prove you drive it every day. With my Jeep I only beat it on the weekends (when I can) so it's not a big deal, but I did drive it everyday for a couple months until I got a real daily :P