Best custom licence plates...

I sent these photos to Shige and asked if there was any way to get 620 plates. His answer was "impossable". They sure would be cool.

There are places that make them custom for you. ;)

I saw some photos from a Japanese Bluebird meet and almost every car there had a plate that said 5-10.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe;45611'']The law is if you get 'caught' daily drivin and so on and so forth...it's sorta on the cop to prove you drive it every day.

Here you can get a classic plate and drive less than 2500mi a year, antique is less than 1000 and it's supposed to be just back and forth to events or parades.

Thing is, my daily driver only sees 3000 a year anyway... :D

Thing is, my daily driver only sees 3000 a year anyway... :D

My daily sometimes sees 3000 in less than 2 months. But I can keep it down under 1000 a month by rotating through 3-4 cars on a week to week basis.

And yes, my daily is a Datsun. Don't have anything else 'cept the 6MPG F250.

I'm hoping to get a set of custom plates soon, but I don't want anything crazy... just "POPES" if I can get it.

I was born in a small town in Europe, and I've always liked Euro plates, so I've decided to make my own pair, although they'll be a bit different than usual. I'm making them in a style that they had in 1970 in my hometown, and they'll be sort of like the Jap plates where they'll say "521" at the end. Should be pretty cool.

Reportedly they were selling genuine Japan plates at JCCS, I think it was the Mooneyes people.

The guy that gave me my plates also gave me a little warning: "I don't know what they do if they see these at the airport". I doubt if it is a problem, people in Japan seem pretty paranoid about anything out of the ordinary.

The seal over one of the bolts looks like a hot lead seal. In other words, the owner cannot remove the plates without breaking the seal. I suppose that stops kids from joyriding with swapped plates...