JCCS 2011

Burabuda

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to take the bus and just pay the entrance fee. 12 dollars for parking + food/water. Shit is ridiculous! Just giving out ideas for the poor people...

Buses start rolling out at 5 in the morning. So I will be there early.... See you guys there!

Starting at 13512 S VERMONT AV

Ride Gardena 2 (NORTH ON VERMONT - SOUTH ON WESTERN) heading north

To: VERMONT AV/VERMONT STATION Ar: 06:11AM

Pay $1.00 + $0.40 for Transfer., (EZ Pass accepted)

Ride Metro Rail Green Line( NORWALK) heading east

To: IMPERIAL WILMINGTON STATION Ar: 06:25AM

Use Transfer or Media , Monthly Pass/TAP: $75.00, (EZ Pass accepted)

Ride Metro Rail Blue Line( TRANSIT MALL STATION) heading south

To: TRANSIT MALL STATION Ar: 07:07AM

Pay $1.50, Monthly Pass/TAP: $75.00, (EZ Pass accepted)

Ride Long Beach Passport C( QUEEN MARY) heading south

To: QUEEN MARY Ar: 07:28AM

No Charge , (EZ Pass accepted)

Ending at QUEEN MARY

Total cash fare = $2.90

so how can we id each other if we haven't already met?

for instance, i might be looking for dirk diggler, and i'll never find him

I'll be the skinny white guy sleeping underneath the Orange 510 haha.

We should all wear Ratsun shirts :cool:

At registration the sponsors asked for club affiliation. I typed in "Ratsun", don't know if that meant they were looking to colocate entries in the same class with affinity relationships, September will tell. See you there. Look for the California license plate "67RL411".

Here's a little incentive!

ATTENTION RATSUN members!!!

Special discount... $5 off (from $50 to $45) for all Ratsun members!!!

Use code RATSUN when you register.

Hurry before the offer ends!

This year we are having REAL special JDM Skyline GT-R, Ken Mary GT-R and Z432!

We would like more Datsuns involved, making this a special year for the DATSUN/NISSAN family!

SEE YOU THERE!

JCCS

Whats up with all the rules?

NO "SWAP MEET PARTS". NO "FOR SALE" Sign displayed on a dashboard or near windows of vehicles.

NO ALCOHOL, NO personal BBQ, No loud music, No engine starts, No squealing of tires, No burnout, No race or cruising

Canopies with logos, any signs, and/or any kinds of signatures are strictly forbidden.

If you come with friends that drive different models, you will not be allowed to park together

it is strictly forbidden to start engines until after the general public has cleared the show area and until a permission is given by the security officers to do so which could be anytime after the official show ending, 4PM or even later.

Lamest car show ever!

• Like 1

Not really. Everything to do with starting, burning out, etc is to protect the crowd. It's very packed and there are plenty of douche bags on the streets outside trying to show off. As for logos, its to protect jccs from copyright infringement.

It's called Japanese Classic Car Show. Not swap meet. Not classified. If you are interested in a car, talk to the owner. While having parts for sale would be cool, there just isn't any room.

Alcohol is a given, but you can be sneaky. Bbqs are for common sense, they have vendors there and someone walking by and burning their leg or ARM or body on your Bbq pit is a big liability.

No one is making you go. This isn't a meet and greet and sell shit show, this is the real deal.

• Like 1

we sent our registrations in yesterday, hope they get there in time. $$$ and time short. we were thinking we would not make it this year due the lack of funds, but we will make it up somewhere else. and we are bringing food this year. dont want to pay $8. for burger again

Whats up with all the rules?

NO "SWAP MEET PARTS". NO "FOR SALE" Sign displayed on a dashboard or near windows of vehicles.

NO ALCOHOL, NO personal BBQ, No loud music, No engine starts, No squealing of tires, No burnout, No race or cruising

Canopies with logos, any signs, and/or any kinds of signatures are strictly forbidden.

If you come with friends that drive different models, you will not be allowed to park together

it is strictly forbidden to start engines until after the general public has cleared the show area and until a permission is given by the security officers to do so which could be anytime after the official show ending, 4PM or even later.

Lamest car show ever!

I second that!! But what the heck might go anyways with the Ratsun discount I read somewhere atop and depending how many NorCal Ratsuns wanna caravan down south.

I second that!! But what the heck might go anyways with the Ratsun discount I read somewhere atop and depending how many NorCal Ratsuns wanna caravan down south.

We need to keep in mind, a venue this size at this location with all the spectators as well as the participants these rules are not necessarily in place because of the organizers; the association that owns the park and the insurance has these strict requirements. Bottom line is, the JCCS is like any other large show, it is what you make it. Terry and Koji work hard to present a good, fun and safe show. So is it Lame? I say Nope! Just well organized.

• Like 2

Their show, their rules. Don't like it, stay home! This is for the enthusiast and fans of all Japanese cars and it has a very laid back atmosphere and I like it that way! Except for the year the idiot with the Rotary kept revving the shit out of his turd car and fucked it up for everyone that was just trying to chill, so far they have been great.

• Like 1

JCCS is probably the only show of its kind it the US. I think we should feel privileged for having it so close to us, especially us SoCal guys. This is a SHOW, not a meet or swap meet. If you don't like the rules, stay home guys.

Most rules are in place for safety and liability issues anyways. Can you imagine all the mayhem that would go on with all the testosterone floating around.

They have rules for a reason. (So none of you ass hats get hurt). And like Chris said it's the venue not Koji & Terry.

You might want to stay home.

Wow! There are some serious JCCS nut huggers. U don't have to get all worked up about what people think of the JCCS rules!

It may steer some away from going. And some of us may think they are a little over the top. But at the end of the day we have the choice to attend or not.

So some of the rules are obviously for safety and liability which without a doubt everyone should comply like NO BURN OUTS, SQUEALING of TIRES, RACING.

This is what I find over the top and agree with dacaulker.

NO "FOR SALE" Sign displayed on a dashboard or near windows of vehicles.

Nut Huggers??? C'mon bro, what's so hard about abiding by their rules? It's their show, so it's their rules for whatever reason they may have. Here's my take.

Canopies - Is it fair to those vendors who are paying to promote and sell their Product X, while you bring a canopy advertising a logo or sign promoting Product Y?

Different model cars - Wouldn't it be better for show puroposes to keep all models together? 510's with 510's, Z's with Z's, etc....or are you complaining about your

510 not being able to park with your Toyota buddy? That's self explanatory don't you think?

For Sale signs - Just put your sign on your seat like I've seen numerous cars do.....It's a show, not a swap meet. Would you be willing to pay a JCCS tax if you

were able to sell your vehicle there? Don't you think the show would look tacky if you see all these cars with FOR SALE signs on it? Most people would put a sign up just to gauge the value of their cars......

Just chill out and come down and have a good time with your fellow Ratsuners.....At least they don't prohibit coolers to be packed in our cars, right? I've actually been to a show that inspected all show cars in search of outside foods being brought in. Now that was a ridiculous rule........

Personally, I still haven't registered and I live only about 20 mins away. I can't stand being locked up until 4 pm, when I'm ready to leave around 12 noon after seeing everyting, but I understand that rules are rules. It would be a huge liability if they were to let cars leave at anytime.