JCCS 2011

Burabuda

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had some friends come out so I had to spend some time with them. Then I walked thru the show a couple times. It's not like we blend in there very well. Two 6' plus old white guys. I have no idea how we missed each other. :lol:

speaking of which i bumped into duncan a few times :blink:

i dunno, somehow thought you'd be close by

but they put the wagons way out in the parking lot

uh, anybody else notice there were plenty of open parking spaces :confused:

Best show yet.

Had a great time meeting everyone... hope I didn't blow anyone off, the show seems WAY too short to get to talk to everyone, and unfortunately there were several people dominating all my time.

Thanks to all those who complimented our rides and encouraged us to keep at it - Next year, we're bringing 6 or 7 Datsuns! :)

Best show yet.

Had a great time meeting everyone... hope I didn't blow anyone off, the show seems WAY too short to get to talk to everyone, and unfortunately there were several people dominating all my time.

Thanks to all those who complimented our rides and encouraged us to keep at it - Next year, we're bringing 6 or 7 Datsuns! :)

Man you can have your own show with all the fine cars you had in your stable. It was nice to talk to again. Loved your display. And how every car has a name. :D

Thanks to this event I found out bout you guys. Really cool dude (forgot his name) passin out cards, had a maroon 2+2 Z.

That would be me...GOKI... and it was a pleasure meeting you too!

thanks to me... since u stole the cards outta my 411s ash tray lol

Well, I guess I should tell the full story mentioned in post 149. I had gone out into the parking lot to get an early L series valve cover. I was going to bring it in as John had brought a cap that was supposed to be the correct one in I wanted to test fit it prior to purchase. Marco was walking with Me. I walked at least 100 feet into JCCS with it and was by My 620 when a voice said loudly to Me "You cann't bring that in here", refering to the valve cover. Basically I asked Him to repeat it, which He did. I said "Well, it's already in here". He said I would have to take it back out. I asked "Who are You?" as He had not identified Himself, presented a badge, business card or any other form of identification. He pointed to His t-shirt which had a Blackhawk logo on and said He was security. I said back "I can go buy the same t-shirt at Goodwill. That doesn't mean anything to Me". He went on to say that the orginizer did not allow any parts for sale. I said "You mean Koji? He is right there. (which He was) and that I have known Him 7 years and that I would never try to sell anything". He mad dogged Me for a few seconds and walked away. I feel very strongly about My rights. I am INNOCENT until proven guilty. A t-shirt logo means nothing to Me. Show Me a badge, business card or employee ID and I'll talk reasonably to You. Anything less and We are equals. Anyway, YES, John's vintage correct valve cover cap fits the 510 1600 valve cover and I can now put it on My boat!!! ;)

That would be me...GOKI... and it was a pleasure meeting you too!

I'm kinda bummed I didn't run into you this year, Goki. There is always so much to see and people to talk to that the show just flies by. Did you bring your wagon or Z? I just had a thought- maybe we should designate a little Ratsun meeting time and area like the drivers meeting so we can meet those we don't know and put a face to a screen name. There were lots of Ratsuners I would have liked to have met.

I'm kinda bummed I didn't run into you this year, Goki. There is always so much to see and people to talk to that the show just flies by. Did you bring your wagon or Z? I just had a thought- maybe we should designate a little Ratsun meeting time and area like the drivers meeting so we can meet those we don't know and put a face to a screen name. There were lots of Ratsuners I would have liked to have met.

greengoon was good to meet you.I was the big fat guy asking if you drove in from utah.

Well, I guess I should tell the full story mentioned in post 149. I had gone out into the parking lot to get an early L series valve cover. I was going to bring it in as John had brought a cap that was supposed to be the correct one in I wanted to test fit it prior to purchase. Marco was walking with Me. I walked at least 100 feet into JCCS with it and was by My 620 when a voice said loudly to Me "You cann't bring that in here", refering to the valve cover. Basically I asked Him to repeat it, which He did. I said "Well, it's already in here". He said I would have to take it back out. I asked "Who are You?" as He had not identified Himself, presented a badge, business card or any other form of identification. He pointed to His t-shirt which had a Blackhawk logo on and said He was security. I said back "I can go buy the same t-shirt at Goodwill. That doesn't mean anything to Me". He went on to say that the orginizer did not allow any parts for sale. I said "You mean Koji? He is right there. (which He was) and that I have known Him 7 years and that I would never try to sell anything". He mad dogged Me for a few seconds and walked away. I feel very strongly about My rights. I am INNOCENT until proven guilty. A t-shirt logo means nothing to Me. Show Me a badge, business card or employee ID and I'll talk reasonably to You. Anything less and We are equals. Anyway, YES, John's vintage correct valve cover cap fits the 510 1600 valve cover and I can now put it on My boat!!! ;)

hey mike you look from Arizona and he wanted to see your green card lollaugh.gif

Well, I guess I should tell the full story mentioned in post 149. Blah, blah, blah...... and said He was security. I said back "I can go buy the same t-shirt at Goodwill. That doesn't mean anything to Me". Blah, blah, blah...... I feel very strongly about My rights. I am INNOCENT until proven guilty. A t-shirt logo means nothing to Me. Show Me a badge, business card or employee ID and I'll talk reasonably to You.

I totally agree with you. :thumbup:

Right on, Mike! Don't let the man keep you down!

q4664584.gif

Duane.

That's a great idea. I say you need to set that up next year. :P That would be really cool. I know there were a bunch of us there but I only saw a few new faces. It was good to see you again. Tell Miles I'm sorry I couldn't remember his name. (Cool kid). Man he has grown since last year.

Anyway I say we try to do that next year.

Duane.That's a great idea. I say you need to set that up next year. :P That would be really cool. I know there were a bunch of us there but I only saw a few new faces. It was good to see you again. Tell Miles I'm sorry I couldn't remember his name. (Cool kid). Man he has grown since last year. Anyway I say we try to do that next year.

I just wish the idea would have come to me sooner. I will make a note of it and organize a meeting next year. And John, in all fairness I had to remind Miles of your name too. :D He loves the show and told me at the end that it felt like 10 minutes. Exciting enough to keep a 10 year old from getting bored.

And Steroid, yes I did get a plaque.

IMG_1786.jpg

I think I saw you a few times, but you were always busy and talking to someone...I figured I had all day to catch up with you :( But I didn't :crying:

But yah, I brought the Z this time. I brought the wagon 2 years in a row, I figured it's time to change it up...same reason you brought the truck, right? ;)

Well, I worked on a license plate frame for us RATSUN'ers for us to identify each other either at meets/shows or on the streets.

But I would be down for a RATSUN meet up next time!

-goki

I just wish the idea would have come to me sooner. I will make a note of it and organize a meeting next year. And John, in all fairness I had to remind Miles of your name too. :D He loves the show and told me at the end that it felt like 10 minutes. Exciting enough to keep a 10 year old from getting bored.

And Steroid, yes I did get a plaque.

IMG_1786.jpg

That's sweet that you took 1st congrats. I was very suprised that I took 2nd this year. They had my car # blocked out. Next year I think I'll do like Goki and bring one of my Z's

was it just me or the organization of the vehicles/makers spread out. last year it seemed all datsuns were pooled toward the lawn but this year the older trucks were on the lawn and the later model trucks on the pavement. from steroids truck and the wagoons had a huge gap to navigate through to get to the roadsters, 510 coupes, and the 320s

i dunno. interesting. nevertheless, great show. and did i mention that the parking lot had a lot of cool vehicles?,,, oh yeah. i did. :P