What to take with you to get a vehicle home?

Going to look at a truck tommarow. Its about an 1 1/2 hours away. It runs and stops.

This is the list of things I have gathered up to take with me in case I buy:

Tools

Jack

4 way

Elec tape

wire

fuses

hatchet

duct tape

Carb

Dizzy

hoses

cork roll

three gallons of water

carb cleaner

brake fluid

flash light

fuel filter

window cleaner

test light

voltage meter

What else? Just dont want to be road side with one my thumb in my ass! :D

thanks

Jeff

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ, i bring some wrenches, and screw drivers. when im there i see what it may need, like a belt or a hose and pick that up along the way. Why don't you just bring your garage? haha... Anymore i just pay 50 bucks for a trailer from uhaul, then i dont worry about anything

would like to take a trailer, but not sure im going to get it till I get there

And I just want to be prepared. Can just hear my pops asking me why I didnt take something. :rolleyes:

jeff

Better safe than sorry right? Good luck on getting it.

Christ, i bring some wrenches, and screw drivers. when im there i see what it may need, like a belt or a hose and pick that up along the way. Why don't you just bring your garage? haha... Anymore i just pay 50 bucks for a trailer from uhaul, then i dont worry about anything

That's what Did too.

Yeah. Its a 78kc. If its a rust bucket or otherwise poor, just get the motor for my 521. But then again, I could have my 521 for riding low and my 620 for drinking in the woods! But only do three times a year.

Im stoked.

jeff

Jumper cables and a battery, bottle jack and a good spare. (I think the 17mm socket will fit the lug nuts, if not add 19 or 21mm to list :lol:)

water, oil and spare gas can

vice grips, Philips and slotted screwdrivers, 8,10,12,13,14,15, 17mm sockets (plug socket) and a ratchet and spanners (two each for 12, 13, 14, 15mm) for the same, knife, spare length of electrical wire, wire cutters, duct tape, stove wire,

Oh gfd :angry:

Dude sold the truck. This blows. Saw the post on c.l. and responded within ten. Oh well.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

This truck was in Greenwood, SC metalmonkey. Did you ever look at that 210 that must have sold in marietta?

Thanks Again Everyone!!!

jeff