Anti Theft devices

What are people using besides alarms and solex locks to secure their rides. I had an auto lock on a previous car and loved it but can't find em. What else do you use I hate clubs because people just cut the steering wheel and take it off. I'm I'm the market for a device.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit noob! :D There are multiple threads on this. When you use the search function put quotes in. Don't just type in kill switch. Type in "kill switch" like that, and the search function works much better.

the great thing about our cars, they are built (from the factory) with an anti theft device..... look all around the outside of your car... it has datsun badges... and i havent ever heard of datsuns being snatched.... but just put a car alarm on it, ... because buying a gps tracker or whatever is going to be worth more than your car

• Like 1

the great thing about our cars, they are built (from the factory) with an anti theft device..... look all around the outside of your car... it has datsun badges... and i havent ever heard of datsuns being snatched.... but just put a car alarm on it, ... because buying a gps tracker or whatever is going to be worth more than your car

HEHEHE, you just begging for it aint ya! :lol:

The 720 has a compustar 2 way and a computrak gps unit as well. I dont need the cops help to get my truck back! :devil: The pathfinder has a kill switch on the fuel pump.

I use 2 Australian Cattle Dogs (blue ones) no one wants to mess with dogs like that.

Also I live in the middle of nowhere, only place I even lock the truck is when I go to Wal-Mart in town. Also it would be unwise to steal the only Datsun truck in all of northern NM won't take long before someone sees my truck and calls me or just reclaims it for me. I love it up here :)

If someone wants to steal it they will find a way . Trying to make the thief move on to easier prey is the best way to keep your car safe . Kill switch is the easiest cheapest way . Visible things like a Club deter most as do the dummy flashing LEDs that come with most alarms .I had a customer who was a cop in NYC had ear piercing alarm horns installed in the interior . It was to disorient the potential thief . Try doing anything with 100 Decibels ringing in your head and you will get what he was going for !!

If someone wants to steal it they will find a way . Trying to make the thief move on to easier prey is the best way to keep your car safe . Kill switch is the easiest cheapest way . Visible things like a Club deter most as do the dummy flashing LEDs that come with most alarms .I had a customer who was a cop in NYC had ear piercing alarm horns installed in the interior . It was to disorient the potential thief . Try doing anything with 100 Decibels ringing in your head and you will get what he was going for !!

We had a Range Rover with "super lock"

hit the lock button on the keyfob twice, and it electronically disabled the motor, and if any button was pressed on the inside of the car a high pitched alarm went off in it. Stock option.

I had a customer who was a cop in NYC had ear piercing alarm horns installed in the interior . It was to disorient the potential thief . Try doing anything with 100 Decibels ringing in your head and you will get what he was going for !!

Many years ago I had an alarm installed in my 79 KC, I had 2 of the mini alarm horns installed inside the dash. The guy at the shop looked at me funny at first but once it was done he saw what I was going for. You could not even think about anything with that alarm going off. The alarm is long gone but those horns are still hidden in the dash. Maybe someday I will have a reason to hook them back up.

you can try to make a system that locks the pedals on your vehicle, my neighbor was telling me about it and it seems to work really well.

Untitled.png

I believe this is what it looks like or at least close enough to get the idea.It slips down over the pedal arms and locks from behind with pad locks would be really hard to cut the locks off with the right dimensions.

When I worked at a high end auto sound shop we would get some crazy requests. I once did a fog machine with strobe lights running on its own battery along with 6 mini sirens running around 142db. The only way you were getting away with stealing that car was to flat bed it and hope the GPS didn't find you. Everything was run on its own power supply and was well hidden along with a dummy lojack module. This was all on a 120k car and almost 100k worth of stereo equipment. The guy actually entered the car in Alarm competitions (yes they use to have them), but that defeats the purpose because the trolls could be scoping out your car at a competition, DUHHH!

Most of the people that are going to steal some of our cars are going to be some kind of junkie. I think a no wheel no steal device along with a basic alarm and you are set. Make sure you show nothing of value when parked. Another good idea would be to get an old Datsun AM radio and but the plate and rod off and make a plate that looks like the stock factory radio that goes over your existing stereo.

To prevent these problems I just park my 510 in the garage and yes, I do have multiple securities in my garage that are run off a GSM network but I am not telling. They can steal my Land Rover parked outside, but not the 510.

On the '75 I have 3 popped tires so the crooks can't get it without buying a set. I disassembled the '78 and put the parts in two different towns. Good luck getting off with that one.

We must have bought our security systems at the same place........laugh.giflaugh.gif

2eDeYe' date='21 April 2011 - 01:21 PM' timestamp='1303420891' post='463588']

Picture008-7.jpg

Picture004-6.jpg

Plus a few other deterrents :)

Dude I like that idea of the start stop button . I am gonna tackle some other electrical issues then I will try and figure that out.