pic of your dime

Icehouse

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the snowflake wheels on a 510, especially a wagon.

My 3 door dime with the old wheels. 17" Sentra SER Wheels. 

Arrivalof2DoorWagon022_zps028a83c7.jpg

My 3 door dime with snowflakes - 1981 1/2 280ZX Turbo "Snowflake" Wheels

9EFA4713-2A36-492D-AB23-F7054807EA0D-706

WANT!!! :w00t:  I love this thing, want it so bad!

Hey Jon those don't look like Nissan lugs on there.

There not I haven't sourced those yet or at least a full set 

They're still available from Nissan. Kinda pricey, $8 a lug, but worth it I think. I have part number somewhere

i wanna say i have 8 for some reason .... and studs...... they might be the wrong ones ...draynor had a set i was gonna buy but i was too late.....yeah u can text me the number if u want .... i think i remember being depreseed with a 130 dollar bill for nutz

Seriously? They are $1 each (or less) at the junkyard. And EVERY Nissan/Infiniti from '79 up into the mid-90s used these same lug nuts. If it had factory alloys, it had these nuts. 

FYI, they were used on some Subarus too. 

Are these the nuts you guys are talking about?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Mag-Hex-Lug-Nut-M12-1-25-x-41-58mm-Box-of-10-of-Datsun-Nissan-NEW-/370851978128?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3A280ZX&hash=item5658801b90&vxp=mtr

$_12.JPG

These are made by Dorman.  O'Reilly's or Schucks carry Dorman products.  I think Autozone does too.

JY is a valid option. but after entrance fees, gas and time searching for them it probly comes out to $8. well maybe not quite that much. :P  i guess it just depends on how much time you have.

the ebay ones look the part. and half the price.

Looks factory from my small iPhone pix lol...

So what did "they" do? Take a 2 door and seamlessly weld on the back end of a wagon? Seriously it is super cool, I'm just boggled that its custom!! ;)

I'm guessing it's a goon with 2dr sedan front doors, moved the B pillar back accordingly.  And then either used the door skins, or extra rear quarter panel to fill in the back door area.  For the window, it looks like a couple of 2dr sedan rear window frames were united to fit the window opening accordingly.  Inside trim panels would be easy to construct....  At least, that's how I'd do it.  And with FutoFab's new reproduction panels coming in, you may not have to cut up a second car to do it!! Yeah for Dave!

I love the snowflake wheels on a 510, especially a wagon.

My 3 door dime with the old wheels. 17" Sentra SER Wheels. 

Arrivalof2DoorWagon022_zps028a83c7.jpg

My 3 door dime with snowflakes - 1981 1/2 280ZX Turbo "Snowflake" Wheels

9EFA4713-2A36-492D-AB23-F7054807EA0D-706

That color is sick

I'm guessing it's a goon with 2dr sedan front doors, moved the B pillar back accordingly.  And then either used the door skins, or extra rear quarter panel to fill in the back door area.  For the window, it looks like a couple of 2dr sedan rear window frames were united to fit the window opening accordingly.  Inside trim panels would be easy to construct....  At least, that's how I'd do it.  And with FutoFab's new reproduction panels coming in, you may not have to cut up a second car to do it!! Yeah for Dave!

Dave's 2dr wagon was built by me about 20 years ago. Yor guess on how it was done is pretty acurate. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone on the compliments about the 3 door dime.

Yes, scooter stuff did the amazing build. The metal work looks factory. Once my VG33 2 door gets on the road, hopefully this spring, then I will start on the wagon. Just collecting parts right now.. I too love the color and may keep it that color. Not sure yet. No solid plans for it so far. Lots of ideas though. It may get a VG power plant since I have almost everything to do it.

I have removed the fiberglass fenders hood and valance from the car and sold them. I know I want this to be an all metal car. I think it is worthy of my NOS fenders and front valance. Maybe my sweet 68 grill too.

I will definitely start a build thread when it gets going.

• Like 1

Dave's 2dr wagon was built by me about 20 years ago.

Nice work!

Yes, scooter stuff did the amazing build. The metal work looks factory. Once my VG33 2 door gets on the road, hopefully this spring, then I will start on the wagon. Just collecting parts right now.. I too love the color and may keep it that color. Not sure yet. No solid plans for it so far. Lots of ideas though. It may get a VG power plant since I have almost everything to do it.

I have removed the fiberglass fenders hood and valance from the car and sold them. I know I want this to be an all metal car. I think it is worthy of my NOS fenders and front valance. Maybe my sweet 68 grill too.

Nice Ride!  Can't wait to see what you do with it.

• Like 1

Its nice to see people removing images from quoted text... its a ginormous pet peeve to see someone quote 13 images to say "Awesome!" or similar. 

At the time, I didn't feel the text was necessary to support my compliment.  All I wanted was to get the attention of those two guys to compliment them on the work done, and the vehicle owned.

Point taken though, I put the text back.

At the time, I didn't feel the text was necessary to support my compliment.  All I wanted was to get the attention of those two guys to compliment them on the work done, and the vehicle owned.

Point taken though, I put the text back.

Haha you didnt have to. It was a compliment. Sometimes I hate seeing a mile long page with 17 posts of the same quoted images. 

• Like 1

Haha you didnt have to. It was a compliment. Sometimes I hate seeing a mile long page with 17 posts of the same quoted images. 

LOL!  I read your post wrong!  I though you were telling me to put the material back in!

I agree though,  I get annoyed when quotes unnecessarily include pictures that aren't needed to support the compliment, and you have to scroll down past a bunch of pics you've seen a million times.

• Like 1

:thumbup: