Doctoraudio's 1969 Snow White Goon

I agree with you there, those wires can go. If you haven't already, check out vintage connections' website. He has a lot of the factory type connectors available, so if whomever wired that mess in hacked the harness you can repair it back to factory with new parts. Factory booty covered spades, booty covered bullet connectors(that are the correct Japanese size), hardshell connectors, etc.

Thanks for the info!

See I didn't think it should look like that!.

Peace!

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good looking wagon.

I'm interested to see how that roof stuff holds up with heat. If it sags that would ruin a new headliner.......

Thank you!

I will let you know. But, I am going to place the same type of matting that is used under the carpet for sound reduction on the roof!

My buddy has not called me back in 4 days. He was like sure I can get your driveline cut and welded. He works for a big machine shop here in Oregon.

I have seen the type of work they can do and cutting and welding a driveline would be a small job, for them.

So, I called a few places near by! The highest quote I got was 160 bucks to do it. They will balance the driveline too.

Another friend of mine who works for Les swab. Said to call Six States. They had the cheapest price and comes with a really good referral.

So, I am going to have them do it for 93.00.

With the weather being as it has been for the least week , I have had to put off any other work on the car.

I have been driving her everywhere, and loving it!

Well since I was stuck in the house. I built another helicopter.

Later!

Can't wait to get it in the air this weekend!

Well I got the 5 speed in the car today.

I still have to hook up all the switches, which will not take to long tomorrow.

I tried to use the sedan driveline, it must have been cut before for a 5 speed conversion.

Because it is about 2 1/4 inch to short.

Damm Damm Damm. So it is useless to me now!

Which means the car will be down for the next 4 to 5 days!

Dam it!

If I can get the driveline down to Six States tomorrow before noon they said , they could have it ready to put back in by Friday.

Now it looks like I can turn the tranny crossmember around 180 and it will work no cutting needed!.

I am going to use a 2 !/4 inch key hole bit to drill. To move the stick shift back as far as I need it.

I inspected the clutch and pressure plate and it looks all good in the hood!

May need to change it, next year. Still has plenty of meat.

I used the throw out bearing and fork from the 4 speed. The rubber boot for the fork was totaled from the 5 speed.

Tranny went in without a hitch. I didn't have to mess with it much. Went in quicker than the other came out. Of course, I am not done either!

What I did the night before is install the Accel 8mm Super stock spark plug wires! Inoticed the car runs a little smoother.

Plus it looks good under there.

I volunteered for my sons filed trip tomorrow,so I won't have all the time to work on it tomorrow! But I have the rest of the week to get things done. While the car is sitting on the jack stands.

Here is a couple pictures of the from today!

4 Speed out!

driveline2001.jpg

5 speed under the car.

driveline2004.jpg

5 Speed in the jack and two bolts in to hold it in place. The tranny plate moved a 1/16 of an inch so I had to loosen and rock it one or twice to get all the bolts in!

driveline2007.jpg

first time seeing this thread,

nice work man. im liking this wagon.

keep up the work, we will have to meet up some time and bull shit or something.

Since, I am down for the next few days you can come by if you like.

PM and get directions!

Things done today..

Drilled stick shift hole with a 2 1/4 key hole saw!

img3755q.jpg

Finish wrapping up the transmisson install. All wires and bolts are where they should be.

Oh yeah!

Dropped driveline off at SIX States.

Gave her a bath since, my paw prints were everywhere.

Took all my favorite Helicopters across the street and went flying for about 3 hours!

img3762n.jpg

img3757ni.jpg

Oh yeah!

Nothing like a very nice day!

Okay, so this morning.

I got up thinking how cool it would be to get that big ass alternator installed and be done with it.

Well this is how, it went.

This is the alternator I already had and it has proven to be a good one.

http://www.powermast...arly_style.html

and this is the part number.

8-57140-Black thermal Coat

It is a 140 amp alternator. It should put out at idle, more than the stock one could put out at highway speeds.

So, I first had to figure out. How the hell I was going to pull this off.

I knew I was going to have to use my chop saw to cut and modify stock mount and the alternator.

Since, I wanted to do this once and was not going to be looking for another mount to try again.

I got out my calipers and two long rulers.

I wanted to make sure that every cut was dead on. No mistakes. Kind of like I was at work and only got one shot before I got fired.

So, first I had to see if I could even get the beast in the car.

Which I could if I pulled the water pump outlet out and then moved the all the hoses out of the way .

Then I needed to see if everything would go back with out buying one freaking thing.

Hahahahaha, Oh yeah. My neighbor said, no way. I told him he didn't know my to well.

Here is a pictures of the stock alternator and the Power master.

alternatorupgrade001.jpg

You can see some marks I made where I was going to cut the alternator and the mount!

Now here is a picture of the first cut with the chop saw on the alternator.

alternatorupgrade003.jpg

oops I got it with a couple nicks. There goes my dam warranty! Whatever!

I ended up with a 1 inch tongue on the bottom to mount too. It is more than enough.

alternatorupgrade004.jpg

Looks pretty good.

Since the bracket had to be cut I had to make sure that is was the right cut. I would be easy to cut to less than to try and make up for cutting to much off.

Which I cut a little off and then ground it down to the right size.

alternatorupgrade005.jpg

By the way the treaded holes had been drilled out already.

Well, I then bolted it up and hooked all all the wires and hoses.

alternatorupgrade008.jpg

Oh yeah the Alternator light is on in the dash. I haven't gotten that part worked out yet.

But I don't think it will be a problem , So I will do it later. More like tomorrow! The hard part is done and the rest is got to be easier.

Because it is charging at 14.38 volts.

So that is just a done deal!

Laters!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay,

Here is a pictures of the stock alternator and the Power master.

alternatorupgrade001.jpg

Man, it takes a pretty big pair a danglers to think you could put a alternator that frickin huge in a Datsun, But you did an such a good job it looks like it came that way, nice work man..thumbup1.gif

Man, it takes a pretty big pair a danglers to think you could put a alternator that frickin huge in a Datsun, But you did an such a good job it looks like it came that way, nice work man..thumbup1.gif

Thanks man.

It was fun getting it in there.

It works great and has not even bee one issue!

Here is my new sticker I got today at the Vancouver Meet and greet.

datsunvancouvermeetmay1a.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, I have been working on my car again.

Reasons are , I have developed a some vibes at about 30 MPH.

After 30 it is gone or they are so high, I can't feel it.

Also, I changed the Intake manifold. I took my dremel and opened the ports by 4mm.

Seems to respond a little quicker in throttle inputs. Also has a little bit more power on the bottom end.

I didn't polish he intake, because I wanted to keep from having atomization issues with the fuel.

It was very rewarding to get that done.

As for the vibrations, I may have lost two wheel weights.

Sorry no pictures. Camera was dropped and now only takes white pictures!

• 2 months later...

Since I took off and went to Hawaii for 19 days. I thought about coming home and working on my car.

I had a great time at home in Hawaii, got to see UH win a good game. All the scores was by my highschool Alumni's. Go Leilehua High. We still turnning out some of the best football players.

Also watched my nephew, win there first flag footbal game against my home town. I was perpared to run to the car, when the game was over. They won by 2 TD's. My nephew did good.

Okay, today was the day to get the vibs out.

Got under the car and check front to back. Well the rear U-joint was cracked. So I went to Autozone and got a new one.

Was a real pain in the ass. Looks like it must have been the original one. Now it runs as smooth as it did, maybe a little better.

I think I busted it doing burnouts in front of the Oil Can Henry's bye my house. heheheh! That was a day when some douch bag offered me his freakin Acura for swap! I laughed at him and then spun them until I hit 3rd gear!

I hate Acuras and Hondas. I will piss on a Toyota first. I would buy a B210 before I own one of those.

Decided to repaint my grill since I didn't feel like removeing the 3 layers of paint today!. Also sanded the headlight aera and spayed it all to keep the rust from coming out more.

Satuday, the club has a end of summer picnic. Trying to get ready for it!

Later guys going to bed!

• 5 months later...

motor in my car.

Funds available + College kid = Not enough funds for new motor.

Okay, then. I was planning on painting this car this year.

Well, I have a sick grandson. So that is a no brainer.

So, I changed my list around.

Exhuast system:

Well, I kind of got sick of the noise from the outside of the car. The small exhaust leak would get worst when I would drive 65 - 70 mph.

So I talked the the guys @ Darrell's Economy Mufflers. On 82nd ave. near Powell ave.

I got all the parts from a buddy of mine, at a shop discount. He works there.

Here are some pictures of that happening.

2012-02-16105101.jpg

2012-02-16105113.jpg

2012-02-16105213.jpg

2012-02-16113836.jpg

2012-02-16113902.jpg

2012-02-16114947.jpg

2012-02-16115001.jpg

2012-02-16115013.jpg

So, It is done. 2 1/4 inch pipe from front to back!

Sounds great, runs great.

Quicker response, smoother take offs.

Better gas mileage.

Got it all done for about 150 bucks.

Less than 1/3rd of what I was going to pay Midas!

Great job!

Second thing to do now. Is to get some other rims to give the car a better look and possible better ride.

I looked and looked.

I found some Momo in Eugene, Oregon.

The story is the owner of the shop got jilted, by a customer.

The guy owed him like 200 bucks.

He was so sick of the guy and his crap, He sold me the rims and tires for 55 bucks.

The only problem is the offset is to wide.

15-20 mm more off set than I need. Going to need spacers.

So, I got to get some 240SX 20mm 4 lug spacers.

So, if anyone reading this has some. I need two or all four of them.

There is some on ebay. If I don't find some soon. I will just get them shipped here.

Thge rims I bought are 16x7 MOMO sport ET45's

They come powerder coats in a silverish paint color.

With I the curd rash on them I decided to have them repainted in sunburts gold.

Here is some pictures of one of them!

2012-02-23134219.jpg

2012-02-23134328.jpg

2012-02-23134328.jpg

2012-02-23203113.jpg

I think they look awesome on there. Makes me need those spacers more!

Thanks for reading guys and girls!

Now I have to say this,

Those seats that iwas in my car, made my back hurt F- - king real bad!

One because of my height. I was pulling on the steering wheel when I was driving.

That alone will mess up you back. But to compound, the seat not even being lined up with the steering wheel.

Now that will -uck up your back, for sure.

So, I got some used APC super race seats.

They have been thru some use, but they are pefect when my ass is in them.

2012-02-24075039.jpg

I am going to get them re covered later this year!

motor in my car.

2012-02-16113836.jpg

i thought remember you saying you liked it being a quiet car so you can haul ass without being harassed ,, is it still or is it growly-er..

And it looks like you got a helluva lotta tread left in the tires ,,will they fit the new rims..? .yes i am that cheeeeep..biggrin.gif

Hello there guy.

It is more deeper sounding exhuast. I still haven't decided if I am going to put in a resonator or not!

If I can hurry up and get my front end aligned, there will be some use of the rear two tires.

I front are wasted!

Give me a call! let you know if they still have tread!

I still haven't gotten in touch with the seller of the spacers!

Darn it!

If I can hurry up and get my front end aligned, there will be some use of the rear two tires.

I front are wasted!

Give me a call! let you know if they still have tread!

I think ya misunderstood.....i ment, are they the right size and have enough tread to use on your new wheels....because i am so cheap i would re-use them.

I still might give you a ring , cuz if you and your friends ( club ?) ever go out and fly those helicopters in a few months when it gets nicer / warmer , i would love to check that out.. My 14 year old has one of those inside fliers a Blade MXC and i could watch that thing fly around for hours..

(edit)...... Ya bastard...laugh.gif