DatsunDaves New Start/Stop Button Ignition System

Unless Dave decides to make some more, they are all gone! I was going to get one for my 620, but no more. :wacko: :no:

Wish I would have grabbed one when I had the chance, just could never get the funds.  To bad we can't convince Dave to start making them again or share how he made with somebody who is willing to make/sell them for the community.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I would have grabbed one when I had the chance, just could never get the funds.  To bad we can't convince Dave to start making them again or share how he made with somebody who is willing to make/sell them for the community.

I thought they were sold on a z parts page too but iirc they were always back ordered but yes I agree I wish dave or someone made these....I was about to buy like 2 sets  for myself and im sure my buddy would have picked up two too .... if not a third for future considerations

I thought they were sold on a z parts page too but iirc they were always back ordered but yes I agree I wish dave or someone made these....I was about to buy like 2 sets  for myself and im sure my buddy would have picked up two too .... if not a third for future considerations

I believe they were getting their kits from Dave, so when he stopped they stopped.  Though I saw this on their site.  Not sure how serious it can be taken

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic08d11/12-4250

"Availability:

Unfortunately a key component to this kit has become unavailable. We are working with the manufacturer with the hope of being able to make these kits again in the future. We'll update this page with any new information"

"Availability:

Unfortunately a key component to this kit has become unavailable. We are working with the manufacturer with the hope of being able to make these kits again in the future. We'll update this page with any new information"

The key component is the whole kit! :blink: :hyper:

The key component that no longer available is the chip that runs these things. There was a guy doing the chip flashes and he no longer has any interest in continuing production. Thats also on top of the tediuos process of putting the kits together that Dave no longer finds enjoyable. 

lets email them or dave and beg ....

Dave and I have actually talked about it over FB before. Hes not too thrilled in starting up again since the construction of the units is such a PITA as well as trying to convince the chip guy to work again. The wheels are turning ever so slightly to see if these can be started again... 

No one should hold their breathe though. 

The key component that no longer available is the chip that runs these things. There was a guy doing the chip flashes and he no longer has any interest in continuing production. Thats also on top of the tediuos process of putting the kits together that Dave no longer finds enjoyable. 

Dave and I have actually talked about it over FB before. Hes not too thrilled in starting up again since the construction of the units is such a PITA as well as trying to convince the chip guy to work again. The wheels are turning ever so slightly to see if these can be started again... 

No one should hold their breathe though. 

Would Dave be willing to pass on the knowledge of the wiring and the EZ box? 

What chip is getting flashed and how?  Can we find somebody else that can flash these chips, can't be the only person out there.

Would Dave be willing to pass on the knowledge of the wiring and the EZ box? 

What chip is getting flashed and how?  Can we find somebody else that can flash these chips, can't be the only person out there.

Ive already asked him these questions... so far no forward progress. Im trying to work it though. 

Ive been soldering for the Navy for like 7 years and have no issues with wiring and programing. I said I would take on all work except for the machining that needs to be done for the cases these come in. Hes holding on pretty tight to the design and the guy doing th chips... I dont even know. 

Im trying to get these available again. Ratsun will be the first to know if there are updates. 

• Like 4

Ive already asked him these questions... so far no forward progress. Im trying to work it though. 

Ive been soldering for the Navy for like 7 years and have no issues with wiring and programing. I said I would take on all work except for the machining that needs to be done for the cases these come in. Hes holding on pretty tight to the design and the guy doing th chips... I dont even know. 

Im trying to get these available again. Ratsun will be the first to know if there are updates. 

Thanks for all the leg work.  Kind of sucks when people have no plans to reproduce a product and hold on to the information and don't share it. :angry:

Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

• Like 1

If he's holding on to the information, it must be because:

A.  He's considering making them again,

B.  He is hoping he can sell the information.  

Either one may lead to my car having a push button ignition.  I'll keep my fingers crossed, and offer any help I can offer from over the Pacific.  This was a big deal to us button lovers.  

If he's holding on to the information, it must be because:

A.  He's considering making them again,

B.  He is hoping he can sell the information.  

Either one may lead to my car having a push button ignition.  I'll keep my fingers crossed, and offer any help I can offer from over the Pacific.  This was a big deal to us button lovers.  

Pretty much no to both A & B. He dropped the project and really doesnt want anything to do with it... like I said, Ive been talking about it and most of it gets the project nowhere. He doesnt seem like hes interested in selling off the info and hes really not interested in making them again. 

Ill keep working the situation. Maybe itll be easier to discuss next time Im over at his house. Right now, we are exactly in the same spot we were when this project was abandoned. If there are any updates Im sure either he will come in here or Ive successfully got him to hand over the reigns and then then Ill be in here updating everyone. 

Pretty much no to both A & B. He dropped the project and really doesnt want anything to do with it... like I said, Ive been talking about it and most of it gets the project nowhere. He doesnt seem like hes interested in selling off the info and hes really not interested in making them again. 

Ill keep working the situation. Maybe itll be easier to discuss next time Im over at his house. Right now, we are exactly in the same spot we were when this project was abandoned. If there are any updates Im sure either he will come in here or Ive successfully got him to hand over the reigns and then then Ill be in here updating everyone. 

He told me he was investing so much time in making them, that he wasn't making hardly any money, I suggested raising the price enough to make it worth while, and see if there is still interest. There are universal kits out there that cost around $300, and they are not plug and play. You have to do a lot more wiring to install, and they don't look factory like the DZ.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

well this thread went to shit . glad I broke my usual habit of reading the whole damned thing before being let down at the end. lol.. meanwhile i'll just redo the stocker with a universal keyed setup and retain the stock plug and wait for an OG one to pop up.