DatsunDaves New Start/Stop Button Ignition System

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun with that. I really doubt you will come up with a solution that worked as elegantly as his did. This wasnt just an ebay push button start.

I have tried to reverse engineer it, which would be doable if I knew how to code and program, but I dont.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Bumping this - how many people have some serious interest in this thing? I plan on basically recreating his design. I have a '73 510 and '73 240z I need these for, but sounds like he's closed up shop. I plan on creating a design that will perform the same function.

NOT trying to be a dick but...... talk is cheap. EVERYTIME I see this thread bumped my fingers are crossed that Dave is making more.

SO MANY people have made claim to replicating this & have NEVER followed thru .... I say make one, post it up on YouTube and then post that shit here, then ask " how many people have some serious interest in this thing?" ..... in other words... "build it & they will come"  ...

• Like 3

NOT trying to be a dick but...... talk is cheap. EVERYTIME I see this thread bumped my fingers are crossed that Dave is making more.

SO MANY people have made claim to replicating this & have NEVER followed thru .... I say make one, post it up on YouTube and then post that shit here, then ask " how many people have some serious interest in this thing?" ..... in other words... "build it & they will come" ...

^^^^^ This ^^^^^^

Dave had the knowledge and built a quality kit.

Lots of people think they can build one but to do it is another thing.

Build a quality one and you will not have any problems selling them. Dave's kit wasn sold by Motorsport Auto, a well known Z car parts and aftermarket sales company. They bought them wholesale and sold quite a few of them.

• Like 3

Anyone know anything about these? It says it comes with a relay box for vehicle safety. Not sure it does all that Dave's kit does.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=200628725658

Ratsun priced for sure.

Looks like this just starts your engine, instead of turning the key another notch.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its a start... Pretty good for not having any training in coding...

Two buttons in video. Right is acting in place of Start button, left in place of pedal switch.  The three LEDs represent  Starter, IGN, and ACC power.

Its still a bit glitchy, need to work on timing, and making it not do some other things. But the base code is there and is working.

• Like 5
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys,

I have two of these Datsun Dave push button starts, one is brand new in the box. It does not have the key fobs as I was planning on using it in conjunction with my alarms system. 

The other one is used and still works great, I had it in my wagon and it does have the key fobs 

$250 - first come first served.

PM me for details

Pete 

• Like 2

I'm trying to send you a message but your inbox is full. I'm interested in the push start with the key fob.

Hey guys,

I have two of these Datsun Dave push button starts, one is brand new in the box. It does not have the key fobs as I was planning on using it in conjunction with my alarms system.

The other one is used and still works great, I had it in my wagon and it does have the key fobs

PM me for details

Pete

Hey guys,

PM me for details

Pete 

I am interested in the new one also, please pm me.

Thanks, Jim

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

HEY GUYS!!!

I just started taking pre-orders again. Delivery times are about 2 weeks out.

If you're interested in one (or more) I can take Paypal to wolfin32z@yahoo.com

Leave a message to seller, telling me what the payment is for and where to ship it when they are ready.

Standard DZ-Start is $260 shipped

Remote security option is an additional $25 ($285 shipped)

RFID option (1-keyfob) is an addition $40 (This option allows for remote Power door lock controls) ($300 shipped)

(Free shipping is in the lower 48 (U.S.A.) $10 extra for Canadian orders

These are easy to install. plug the relay pack into the ignition connector, connect the ground wire, brake wire and the coil wire and mount the push button where the ignition switch used to be (remove the ignition switch and open the hole by 1/16")

I'm doing, most likely, one last run of 100. First come, first served.

Let me know what you decide,

Thanks in advance,

Dave

wolfin32z@yahoo.com

• Like 1