DatsunDaves New Start/Stop Button Ignition System

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mine out of the car right now. I was in the process of reverse engineering it... but then I stopped as I dont know code, and the chip he used has a security on it, so I cant copy the code off of it.

I think I may have made a schematic of the box...

the bigger issue I found was I couldnt source the plug for the Nissan Button...

• Like 1

Crappy schematic I made. I never went so far as to make it easier to read when I couldnt find the connector for the switch, and the code was on a secured chip.Schematic.jpg

These 2 photos are from a different product that uses the nissan button. They use it in a very silly way. Their out puts may need to be re labeled for purposes of this box.

PBCat5Out.jpg

buttonlayout.jpg

I assume this was coded in just C.

• Like 2

I wonder why Dave won't release the plans to build these. It's his right not to, I'm just curious what his motivation is. I understand he was tired of building these. With as much interest these have, it seems justifiable to pass the torch. Maybe there was a liability issue. Who knows?

I ask him all the time and I never get a straight answer. I think he just wants to hold into the rights for notoriety sake it seems.

Although it sucks, I see where he's coming from. I feel like eventually I will wear him down though. Either he will put for the effort to make them happen again (with a new programmer) or he will just pass the reigns and let us take it over.

I'll keep trying on my end.

Well that all depends on how you want it to work, but short answer, yes.

The Nissan button is the best for this application as it shoes ACC and IGN Power unlike any other manufacturers button.

Basically all the brain box is doing is listening for events and then responding to each.

Take for example, all off.  1 press of the button, Send output to ACC light on button, as well as Light on button itself, and send power to ACC Relay Coil.   And so on and so on.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...