siqx20's 620 k/c

Siqx20

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only is theback of the cab painted, if i am not mistaken, it is smoothed also (no ribs) It makes me sad to see that truck end up the way it did. But I am glad it didnt end up in the junk yard and it is getting a new life...So kudos to you, and cant wait to see the new and improved " TOO CRAFTY"

Untitled-28.jpg

• Like 1

yeah it is smoothed. they attached a flat piece to cover the ribs. the piece is just attached by rivets. im gonna take the rivets out and save the back panel. since u wont be able to see it anyway with the bed on. I would hate to paint over this beautiful piece. it will be like a mural to the truck she used to be. U have no idea how awsome it is to know the history on this truck. thank you for telling it to me.

Not only is theback of the cab painted, if i am not mistaken, it is smoothed also (no ribs) It makes me sad to see that truck end up the way it did. But I am glad it didnt end up in the junk yard and it is getting a new life...So kudos to you, and cant wait to see the new and improved " TOO CRAFTY"

Untitled-28.jpg

The pics i have are from that same show that was at the Puyallup fair grounds back in 1990. My 620 and 510 were against the wall behind it. The biggest problem i have with the pics is that camera tech in 1900 means that they are most likley on slides

Im not really making any progress I just love taking pics and looking at her. I mounted the axle to the frame so I can roll it in and out of the garage easier. Just hung it with a couple u bolts tacked on the frame. Trick I saw from kaoss. Shaved all the leaf mounts, and fuel tank mount. Need ti go pick up some materials so I can get my notches built.

1318105367248.jpg

Trolololol when it's dropped can we all call it a lo-lo? Hahaha.

Looking good, just don't give up on the project half way through. I'll slap the brown off ya' ass my DAMN self.

I can't wait to see how she'll look with your titans :D

I can't give up there is no going back ti stock. Unless I wanna reweld all the shit I cut off back on Haha. And i love the truck to much to get rid of it. So it will either get done or be a piece of useless decoration. And im not to fond if the second option lol

I think since you're going to do this so involved-like,

that you should take that frame down once everything is fabbed up and have it powdercoated.

Or just spray it out and make it look decent... it would be totally cool to restore it back the way it was in it's show-days.

Maybe less 80's flare... but certainly a redux of the original... would look sick AND have a valid history.

I am painting the frame once its all done. Not sure what u mean by less 80's flare. Im keeping it the way it looks as of now. Only difference is its going to lay out now. I like the look of my truck , don't have much desire to change it right now.

Made these last night. :) once I get a skillsaw over here I will cut out the frame, remove the crossmember and any remenants of the original gas tank mount. Ooooo even made sure all the bar seams were on the inside. Cause that shit is ugly lol.

1319127047235.jpg

1319126275563.jpg

1319127067768.jpg

Yeah the figment wasn't perfect. Confident I can get it taken care of tho. Its getting fish platted anyways so its not that big a deal. All the effort and support will be in the plates not so min the base of the notch. If it becomes a issue I will cut them off and fit a little better.

I wont be starting the front for a while. I don't think im going to run into fire wall issues. But then again I have inly taken a glance at the front. I will be documenting everything as I go. Gonna get the rear finished up first tho. Gonna pick up materials to start my four link in the next few days.

Are there any issues with the fire wall I should know about? Lol