siqx20's 620 k/c

Siqx20

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the stereo out of the honda. It will be going into the truck after I put some better security measures in it lol. So here is the list. If u can't tell I like my stereos loud and sounding good. And no I don't listen to rap.

1- kenwood deck that interfaces with my droidx

2- 8" focal speakers

2- 6" infinity speakers

2- focal tweeters

1- 12" MTX sub in a obcon competition truck box

1- 1000 watt alpine mono amp

1- 400 watt four channel amp

2- focal crossovers

Not sure how im gonna get it all in there but I will

311.jpg

Ok here is the story...it was built by a husband and wife in the late 80s out of Vancouver Wa..I cant remeber there names right now, but that isnt important. It was a great truck.They showed it all up and down the coast. Was around for several years and then they sold it and got out of truckin. Well early last summer it popped up on craigslist in Portland and I called the guy on it and he had found it sitiing in a field somewhere south of portland...I really would have loved to get it and get it back on the road, but too many projects as it is. So it got sold to a someone in Portland and he procceded to part it out, sold the shell, the square headlight with tube grill, took off the fender flares, the visor, the wheels, gthe air dam, the hood that had the louvers that matched the tailgate, then he primered it and sold it off again, and then it showed up again a month or so ago and you got what was left. I could have cried when I saw what was left....I am glad that you have motivation to do something with it. I called the kid that was selling it and you must have been the one who beat me to it. I give you props and hope to see it back on the seen again. But it will never be what it was.....enjoy the pics....

Untitled-28-1.jpg

Untitled-27.jpg

Untitled-11-1.jpg

Untitled-26.jpg

Untitled-12-1.jpg

the pics below, is what it look liked when he was selling it after he founbd it in the field...He cleaned it up and got it running again....

user3852_pic2245_1257652691.jpg

Not quite the same is it...you where one buyer to late to get a decent shot at restoring a smooth old school show truck....anything else let me know...best of luck and keep the progress pics coming we all like those

I remember that 620 from back when I was in Moonlight Mini's club

• 2 weeks later...

Picked these up :) I will be making a project out of them. Refinishing the face and polishing the lip. Right now they are running 225/55-16 but since those are a little hard to come by and a little meaty i will be replacing them with some 225/50-16s. U can see a small curb mark in one of them but that's their only flaw. I will be replacing all the 2 piece bolts swith some nicer stainless ones. On to pics.

2011-05-26_13-48-59_1.jpg

Just to get a idea. Waiting in collared lug nuts to see exact fittment.

443.jpg

See that little curb mark? Worst wheel right there.

440.jpg

Yay blew a intake gasket! Wooooo fml. So I was supposed to be moving back to southern oregon tomorrow then the truck decided to blow a intake manifold gasket. Big problem with that is the intake manifold uses the cooling system to warm itself. Sooo it's dumping coolant everywhere.

Pulled the intake/exhaust manifold cleaned both surfaces, did a carb cleaning since I had it off. Replaced the t stat that I have been meaning to do. Now im just waiting on napa to get my gasket in. Couple pics I took.

479.jpg

504.jpg

Got the truck all fixed today. Wouldn't stop raining and my lack of garage forced me to have to improvise. Lol replaced the t stat and intake gasket. Gets up to temp now and no more coolant leak! Yay one step closer to driving it to Canby

519.jpg

Oh it will be there. It will be the 620 that's 3 different colors lol. It will say "smokey ol ratsun" on the back lol. By far the smokiest truck I have ever seen. Its just waiting for its ka swap this fall. ^_^

Oh it will be there. It will be the 620 that's 3 different colors lol. It will say "smokey ol ratsun" on the back lol. By far the smokiest truck I have ever seen. Its just waiting for its ka swap this fall. ^_^

It wont be the only multi colored 620 ;) However mine does not smoke... much.

Fantastic car, the seats you have what are they from? I have a 620 KC and I need to change out the seats ASAP I'm tired of hitting my head. Thanks in advance!

Edit ---> Sry just read page 3, if you ever figure out what they are from I would luv to know.

Wow what a weekend lol. where to start. well im sure most of u kno but i am always down to keep ppl posted on my updates. so weekend started out with heading to canby. truck was smoking more then usual but i didnt think to much of it. the bitch always smoked, bad rings will do that lol. well anyways to make a long story not so long....

We came into eugene on our way to canby. as i was pulling off the freeway my oil light flickered on at me. so i pulled into the gas station and pulled my dip stick to find it was bone dry and that there was a oil slick down the side of my truck from where i was venting my crank case into the atmosphere. on account it was smoking and i didnt want that shit going back into my carb.

after giving it some thought i decided to put some more oil in it and try and limp it to canby., in the 100ish miles to canby i managed to burn through almost 2 qts of oil. bah! at that point i knew it was going to be a pain to try and get this bitch home. and even once i did i wasnt sure what i would do. noticed the ratsun guys finishing a clutch job so i figured i would ask for help with maybe swapping a motor or something, they all seemed down, even a little excited about it lol.

so i sourced a motor from one of the vendors. $65 was all. it had blown a head gasket but he told me it ran great before that. limited on options i decided to go for it. called all the part stores in the area trying to find a head gasket kit and and nearest i could find was gonna be in oregon city. so i headed out to go get it. $29ish bux for that. grabbed some oil and a filter for like $17 and headed back.

around 5 or 6 we started tearing into both motors. i decided to use my head and manifolds that were on my motor as they eliminated the worry of a warped head on the blown head gasket motor. used my clutch and flywheel. timing components off of my motor as they seemed in better shape, skip supplied a oil pump, we got some timing cover gaskets and front and rear mean seals from lou? (im terrible with names srry), someone else supplied a set of spark plug wires (again im terrible with names :( srry) and skunk supplied a "ratsun" oil filter lol.

we didnt have a cherry picker so we did it ratsun style with a old bumper and a chain and a few ppl. got the new short block installed once it got dark and decided to call it a night.

I woke up from what i thought was earlty to get started and found they had already started without me! what awsome guys! we got everything reassembled and timed and gave it a shot.

unfortunatly it wouldnt run :( a few things had been over looked in teh rush and abundance of ppl but after some work we got it right. adjusted the valves as they were noisey and we were in there anyway. which by the way to whoever out there adjusted them last time... you are a idiot. if ur lash pad falls out replace it!! dont just max out your rocker arm adjuster to try and compensate. jeez! got it back into the show quick enough to catch the end.

When i pulled out everyone had been talking about it. the "1st canby engine swap" it was totally cool to see all the ppl looking and talking about it as i was pulling it out for a quick test run. ppl started clapping it was awsome! test drove it and it did great! aside form a very subtle miss and i think the timing is a little to advanced which is to be expected considering we didnet have a timing light or anything. when i pulled back into the show everyone was clapping again. parked it with the rest of the trucks and ended up gettin a award! lol the "hard luck" award lol.

Everyone will remember my truck now as the 1st canby motor swap haha. all thanks to the ratsun garage!

truck made it home just fine. i have a few things to take care of the next few days to get it into tip top shape but no biggie. I will throw up a few picks that others took lol. along with a vid or two.

I just want to thank you all again for all the the help and the parts. it was a awsome experiance and im stoked for next year!

canby01.jpg

canby02.jpg

the 510 that made me want to get into datsuns

canby95.jpg

tearing into the new motor

canby04.jpg

everyone working on getting the old motor outf

th_MVI_1314.jpg

vid of us heaving the motor out

canby08.jpg

old block and some stuff stripped

Canby06.jpg

getting ready to install new block

canby03.jpg

new block is in!!

canby07.jpg

up before i was getting everything put back together!

canby12.jpg

almost ready to fire!

th_MVI_3455.jpg

video of motor not working :(

canby10.jpg

readjusted the timing and adjusted the valves

th_MVI_1334.jpg

video of it alive!!! valves are alot quieter then the vid makes it sound.,

I dont have any pics of after it was parked on the grass after it was all done. anyone take some?

• Like 2

Oh and what ended up being the problem in the first place was cyl #1 u could put ur hand on the piston and move it around! those rings were completely gone! and cyl #2 had alot of deep scoring in the cylinder walls from a cracked ring im assuming.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

:thumbup:

Ratsun pulls together in full force :w00t:

yup the names Lou,and your truck has canadian parts in it now , EH :rofl:

Yay for canadian parts!! lol Yeah it was defiantly a experience!

Im like a legend skib! haha or a example of what not to do lol. either way... "you remember me forever!!"

It just sucks about the theft issues this year. real bummer. O well i will locate a new emblem. Its funny cause i saw a lot nicer one at one of the booths and was tempted to buy it to replace my weathered one. but then decided against it as it would look funny on my weathered grill. should have bought it.