siqx20's 620 k/c

Siqx20

Im already back :P supposed to head to sams tomorrow to discuss air ride stuff. And figure out our approach on that. Then I work at 2, next full day off is gonna be monday. Otherwise im always free during the day before 2ish

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure exactly how a person would do it... but since Sam said he'll supply the MIG, I guess we could do some patching on your truck after I stitch weld the dime?

If anything, you can get some MIG experience :D

MY LIST OF TO DO'S

• Replace cap and rotor
  • Properly jet my carb
  • Replace battery and cables
  • Either shave my driver fender light or reopen my passenger fender
  • Make my cowl induction hood
  • Paint all one color
  • Redo the carpet and headliner of the truck
  • Find some new seats
  • Install a stereo
  • E30 headlight conversion
  • Merc fog light conversion
  • Get a new steering wheel
  • Replace my rear slider with the right one
  • Refinish my new wheels
  • fix my driver side door popper or get key less ones
  • Build my other L20 block
  • Tint my windows
  • Get a full, better sounding exhaust
  • Start my air ride setup
  • Finish my air ride setup ;)
  • Get a camaro chin spoiler
  • Find some 6 spoke titans cause thats what i really want
  • Install LED lighting in my gauges (thanks for tips Javin)

Gosh so much to do. most of it is pretty easy i just need to get to it. Im kno the list will continue to grow. as things break, arent good enough, or i get bored.

Checked off a few things. Almost have it all one color haha

Did a little work today. Played with the idea of two tone paint. I personally like it. Will look good when the bed is painted and done. still gonna go over it all with some 1k and 2k wet sanding to blend it and fade it out some. Pics.

2011-06-29_18-26-00_788.jpg

Then had some fun ;)

2011-06-29_19-52-35_591.jpg

2011-06-29_20-10-09_679.jpg

2011-06-29202720.jpg

Still have to sand it a little as well.

And some phone pics for fun

2011-06-29012223.jpg

2011-06-29012311.jpg

Still running good :) pretty sure it needs stem seals but that's no biggie. Jst ordered up some proper jet sizes for the carb. Its jetted way way to lean. Put those in once they show up along with a full carb rebuild. Should help that motor out some.

thank you. Im stoked cause i been looking for the merc lights cause they are flutted to project a wide pattern like a fog light(duh) I didnt wanna jst do yellow highs. but i wasnt able to find any. was rummaging a yard sale and spotted em and offered the guy 2 bux. Done!

• 2 weeks later...

So got the truck all one color. Still gotta do a little sanding and some finishing touches. then pics. :) Havent been on ratsun in a little while so i figures i would let all u eager ppl kno where im at lol. Been going over lots of ideas with my buddy sam about baggin the truck so jst waiting till i find my own place to live with a garage so we can start it. Waiting on him to get my titans back to me so i can get some tires on them then i will get the fenders rolled and get the wheels on there. I gotta adjust my torsion rods so im evenly lowered. having 3 different kinds of tires doesnt help either lol.

As of right now the truck isnt running. I went camping last night and the alternator took a shit. had to drive home at 10 o'clock at night in the rain with no lights or wipers. sketchy as fuck. but steve (Boaty) was with me in his 510 so he led the way lol. would have waited till morning to leave but there was no place to camp last night. got the truck home and waiting to get a alternator....

So got my alternator being made up. custom 105 amp in a saturn case (smaller body, same mounts) along with a adapter pigtail to plug and play right into my harness. I wanted a bigger amp rating to power my stereo once i install it and to power my compressors when i get my air ride going. Shhwing

She is back on the road again! Woot. Now to finish getting her ready for the back to the 50's cruise on the 30th!! Crunch time. stilll have to finish paint stuff, get my titans on, and my yellow high beams! Gotta look good as im proly gonna be the only Japanese import there. :P

i just read through your whole thred this am,ive had some set backs the last 6 mos.,and was going to give up on my truck! but after reading your thred i feel like starting back at it rolleyes.gif

Haha yeah I been there man. I jst love this damn truck to much. Plus im havin to much fun! :P