siqx20's 620 k/c

Siqx20

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent done much on account of the rain. Its sunny right now and i hope it stays that way until monday (my day off) so i can try and get some work done. I did get my new shifter and knob in. Havent gotten a chance to drive with it yet. but the height and everything feels a million times better then the ghetto cut down shifter and wall mart knob that came with the car. anyways here is a pic.

391.jpg

Havent done much on account of the rain. Its sunny right now and i hope it stays that way until monday (my day off) so i can try and get some work done. I did get my new shifter and knob in. Havent gotten a chance to drive with it yet. but the height and everything feels a million times better then the ghetto cut down shifter and wall mart knob that came with the car. anyways here is a pic.

391.jpg

thats sick. where can i get one!? lol

looks awesome..its monday.!! what did you do?

I wet sanded the fenders, layed down some more primer, picked up some new parts. :D brand new hood, front valance, and grill. All new! Got a new short bed that has a functioning tail gate and bed hooks still along with a fuel door so I can go back to a stock filler location. Picked up some doors that I don't think im gonna use lol. Drank some beer and had some burgers. On wendsday I will be removing the tilt bed and swapping beds. :D I will post pics of my scores tomorrow :P

LOL, i saw this thing on CL for such a long time. even called the guy. almost got it, but i wanted somthing a little less modified.

My feelings were the.same but I talked him down to 800 so it was a killer deal being a 79 and a king cab

So a few Pics of my score yesterday. :D If anyone is interested in the Doors and hood let me know!

Two white doors, new front valance, new grill, there is also my old grill and bumper back there as well :P

29.jpg

New Short bed needs some cleaning but its all pretty straight. and unlike my current bed the tail gate opens and has a fuel door

32.jpg

35.jpg

Little bonus! Has some datsun mud flaps!! :D

38.jpg

New hood! but i think im gonna use my stock one as i already have it primed so it anyone is interested!

41.jpg

And went and bought a new wink for the truck

44.jpg

No I wish. Its like a greyish color. Never seen them that color. But it is aftermarket. Not sure if im gonna use it or not. Might try painting it. Haven't decided yet. My stock one has stress cracks so I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a spare.

So ran into a snag today. Well a few snags lol. Went ti the pick and pull because I called and they said they had a few 620's in the yard. Well ends up it was just a toyota... Fail. Then I went to eugene fasteners to get some hardware to mount the new bed down. Got the old bed off and the new bed on... Well kinda. The gas tank is in the way so the bed won't sit down right. so now I need to modify the cross support to clear the gas tank. That and the hardware I picked up won't work for me. Bah! o well. So a few pics I guess.

64.jpg

67.jpg

Had toload all the extra stuff in the back

70.jpg

I like the patina gate. Debating painting over it or notwhen ipaint the bed

73.jpg

How many colors can i make this truck!! lol primer grey front, rattle can black cab, purple pinstripped frame, patina red bed, and purple tail light bezals!! lol I fail. Its ok tho. it will look sweet when its done... I hope.

Well anyways i went and purchased a angle grinder today so i can fix my gas tank hitting the crossmember issue. Figured i should get one anyways on account of I will need one to cut out my floor pans eventually lol.

Well didn't get alot done before the clouds started rollling in and I feared rain. If the sun comes back out I will get to work. Started on the driver door. Got down 3 coats of primer and sanded to 220 grit. Layed a last coat of primer and called it good. Through the door back on and if the sun comes back I will start the passanger door.

101.jpg