siqx20's 620 k/c

Siqx20

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks that's actually really encouraging cause I feel like im really dragging my ass on this. Im kinda at a stand still until I can get it into my buddies machine shop to Z the frame. Once that is done I will plate up my notches and fish plate all everything. Then back ti the fun part of setting up my rear end.

Oh and I decided im going to set up my front bags with a cantilever setup. Few different reasons it will be easier then trying to cram a small bag between the control arms. I will have more room to fabricate, should give more lift and drop. I get more say in the lift and drop as I can adjust my bag to lift ratio more.still have some more research to do on this setup but I have time as im gonna finish my rear end first.

• 3 weeks later...

so i have been really dragging my feet on this lately. but got some motivation today along with my bud sam and we decided to do some work lol. pics

Welded my notches back on, built a cross support for them, and cut out the old cross support thats behind the cab. Still need to plate up my notches

2011-12-28_17-55-33_139.jpg

2011-12-28_17-50-58_107.jpg

put in a new cross support for my upper links to mount to

2011-12-28_18-32-49_223.jpg

cut out the cross support that held the torsion rods as they are going to keep me from laying. I will build a new one that doesnt hang lower then the frame later.

2011-12-28_18-33-16_217.jpg

2011-12-28_18-36-12_173.jpg

2011-12-28_18-40-38_335.jpg

Finished project for the day. and it only took 3 keystones worth of time lol

2011-12-28_18-44-56_770.jpg

im cutting out all the inner fenders and then some cause I need a pretty good amount of room to run the cantilever setup im doing in the front. Instead of trying to make my suspension fit my body im going to make my body fit my suspension. I will be fabricating a full tube front end for my core support and fenders to bolt to. It will make removing and installing the front end a lot easier. Plus this way im not trying to work around the core support and everything. My motto has always been if its in the way move it. Haha always worked for mechanics why not for custom fabricating a air ride suspension lol I kept the front clip all intact so when I go to mock up my supports they will be a good stock reference for me to go off of. I wont lie it took a min or two to psych myself up before cutting that all out Haha.