siqx20's 620 k/c

Siqx20

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its so nice to have money to spend on the datsun and now worry about billz. :lol: Worst part is waiting for all the shit i ordered to show up in the mail. should all be showing up Thursday or Friday Then gonna go pick up some material replace my tranny cross member and another cross member so the frame lays flat on the ground. THEN!!! Gonna have a day of fab, If everything goes well i should have the whole rear end and my cross members sorted out in a week or two. Then gotta think about how im gonna tackle the front.... thinking about going with beebani's custom lower and upper control arms, then gotta source the parts to go to hard body drop spindles, then gotta see how the hell im gonna do my front cantilever..... Still lots to do before june....

Question!? if i drag coming into canby is that frowned upon??haha:lol::lol:

Haha I'm waiting on parts at the moment. My shipment of bushings and stuff to build my end links should be showing up tomorrow from ride tech. Then I gotta go pock up materials and jst need bottom bag brackets and the rearend will start going together. Got all the stuff to assemble the rear just about

Yay its like christmas!! 4 airlift dominator 2500's, 4 thredded rod ends, 4 large poly bushing halfs, 2 inner sleeves, 4 large weld on outter sleeves (they sent me 2 extra?) And 2 small rubber bushing inserts and 2 small weld on outter sleeves

2012-01-28_15-12-22_946.jpg

2012-02-09_13-18-40_746.jpg

Haven't really made any progress... Still waiting on my bag plates. Should be getting here on the 13th. But I did pick up some goodies :) center consol, armrest storage, rear window all for 30 bux. Also grabbed my u67 head and spare fly wheel from Boaty's place. Gonna use the u67 when I rebuild my motor. My cam and rockers are in better shape so I will swap then over. Just want the bigger ports of the u67

Last piece I was waiting on finally showed up. My custom lower bag plates. I had them made instead of making myself as didnt have a metal break that chould handle this gauge of metal. They are one solid piece. Im very happy with the end result. One thing I really like is the way the bolt holes are set up. So the head of the bolt can fit in then slide it over and tighten down. As it would be damn near impossible to fit a bolt in after the bracket is welded to the bar. Will hopefully find time the next couple of days to get back to work.

2012-02-14_14-30-08_671.jpg

ok guys I need help deciding something again.... so i have money set aside to buy tires for the titans.. I know im gonna need them later and i have the money now. BUT i also need to buy my custom adjustable upper and lower control arms from beebani. they both are about the same price. tires are $500 and control arms are about $600 (if i remember right). I have tires (not worth driving on) but they will prolly do for mock up purposes. tires for the titan are 225.40.18 and the tires that are on the truck are 195.60.15. throw those into a tire calculator ( http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html ) and see that there isnt a HUGE difference. Should i just estimate bigger on my mock up and buy the control arms? or buy the tires now and get the control arms later?