siqx20's 620 k/c

Siqx20

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

plus i have a feeling im gonna have to cut into the fire wall to get the truck to lay on 18's along with relocate my clutch master. Its just nice to know EXACTLY

how much i need to make clearance for.

Don't run titans- be original.

Runs some awesome 15s or 16s.

Problem solved.

im not a big fan of bagged trucks on smaller wheels, I think it looks funny lol. I would love to run something other then titans but i havent found anything for a decent price in that size range. later i might pick up something similar in size and just swap the tires over or something idk. or just sell the titans with tires to fund something else. but for tight now they will do.

This truck is running 18s, now this isnt body dropped like yours is going to be. But he also didnt cut out his inner fender wells, he cut them and raised them....Sorry I wish I had more picutres..But he showed the truck a few times and I never saw it agian....that was 5 years ago....

Lots of different rim options out there, and you also have to think about back spacing ect...good luck

IMG_2945-vi.jpg

IMG_2910-vi-1.jpg

• Like 1

Oooh. SO MUCH PRETTY!

At that point I'd almost consider convincing Brandon not to body drop his and just deal with the fact that the body doesn't lay on the ground... I'm sure a half inch is more than low enough for anybody to care either way :)

I agree to a point, I dont mind people that body drop trucks...but it is just not for me..I have had 4 adjustible suspention trucks, all layed frame, and to me that is enough. For all the cutting and fab work that is involved it isnt worth it to me.But I am also not really into the scraping and thoughing sparks etc.....But I say do what you want...

• 2 weeks later...

Front crossmember made to mount the front of the lower links. I like how it looks all boxed in like that. Need to make tabs to mount the front of the upper links then make axle saddles. Still haven't decided how im gonna do the upper bag plates yet. Threw everything on there just to see how im gonna do shit.

2012-02-29_16-57-36_775.jpg

roughed up some axle saddles yesterday so i can get my links cut to length and weld on the sleeves for my bushings. I want to do something snazzy for my axle saddles but havent come up with anything worth doing lol. so we will see how that goes.

• 1 month later...

havent done alot lately guys as i have been tied up in another project so the 620 is on the back burner for the time being. fear not! i will be back to it shortly. as each day passes i wish she was driving more and more. so if that isnt drive i dont know what is. I miss my 620 :(

• 1 month later...

So i have decided to make some big changes. This will put me back even further unfortunately but i will be happier in the end. I think im gonna switch to a 2 link rear end with a watts link. reason for this is im going to be stretching my frame 9.45" so that i can fit a longbed onto my kingcab. This is gonna make the truck quite a bit longer. But i think its going to look great. It will be alot easier and cost efficient to just do 2 long ass lower links then to redue my entire rear 4 link. Plus then i can have more usable bed floor.

Something else i have decided is im going to do the theme of the truck after the Bullets Inc. truck. If u dont know what that looks like here is a picture for reference. Drawn by Fisch. Im going to do my best to get the likeness as close as possible. down to the bullet holes in the fenders :) some things are going to be a little tricky with this as i dont hink im going to do the side pipes as im not sure im gonna have the ground clearance with being bagged, also trying to find someone to make a front hood bra like the one in the picture. Im going to be selling my 6 spoke titans to try and pick up some gmc rally wheels and clean dog dishes. also willing to trade if anyone has a set and would like some nice titans. ;) anyways.. Im still trying to sell the subaru brat in my garage once that is gone i will have the space in my garage to get back to work. just thought i would give a small update.

Datsun_620KC-Scott-Fisch.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Nothing newto report really. I did pick up some rally wheels, new door seals, new quarter glass seals, and a new flat panel camper shell. Shell Is going to need some glass works as it looks like it had had a couple different roof racks mounted to the top. So there is some holes I need to fill. Along with the hooks will be removed and holes filled. This also means I will be keeping a short bed on this truck.

2012-07-01_20-19-10_747.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So just dropped off the 620 at my buddies to get the rear end welded up solid and finished. Will be coming home with a fully bagged rear :D While he is doing that I have a little side project. Got to run brake lines, fuel lines, and get this small block running in this bagged and bodied 1960 gmc pickup. weeeeee!

2012-07-22_18-59-27_356.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I miss her........ Shit should still be on track to be completed by march. Thats my deadline. Enough time to work out the kinks before canby :D

In other news... I picked up some rockers to fix the cancer in mine. along with a new core support cause mine was pretty hammered from a accident prior in her life.

Should be getting my frame back soon from my buddy. It got kinda back burnered behind his paying work lol. But i talked to him a couple days ago and he was working on it. I will post some pics once i have something to take a picture of.

• 3 weeks later...