Valentine

skyblue

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Old girl went under the knife this weekend. Finally got discs up front.

A0F74CAE-AB4F-4B92-A91A-8D5CAB949A2E_zps

FF5CF7E7-DE66-4EFD-B02B-12D486ECE9AB_zps

EF352F47-CBFE-4714-BB55-835A71BA266B_zps

AB9D9CAE-FA95-4015-90B2-E5019946E327_zps

5F9C8B25-3063-42FB-9DF3-35BB85077C5A_zps

It's not the fanciest. Or prettiest. But she stops a better. However, I'm a little unimpressed with the stopping power. I have to press the brake pedal pretty hard to get her to stop on a dime. But maybe I have to play with the proportioning valve a little. I did decrease it 2 turns and it did help. Overall she drives great and finally doesn't pull to one side when I slam on the brakes. Good riddance to drums.

• Like 7

Old girl went under the knife this weekend. Finally got discs up front.

It's not the fanciest. Or prettiest. But she stops a better. However, I'm a little unimpressed with the stopping power. I have to press the brake pedal pretty hard to get her to stop on a dime. But maybe I have to play with the proportioning valve a little. I did decrease it 2 turns and it did help. Overall she drives great and finally doesn't pull to one side when I slam on the brakes. Good riddance to drums.

i was kinda underwhelmed with mine at first as well but they definitely stop better than the drums and no adjustment required

• Like 2

i was kinda underwhelmed with mine at first as well but they definitely stop better than the drums and no adjustment required

Yes. This is exactly how I feel.

If you adjust the proportiong valve and the front end dives when applying the brakes you have gone to far.

I will play with it. Thanks.

Good job looks good. Now all you need is Titans.

If only I could find a set. They're super rare.
  • Like 2

Nice job. It makes a huge difference. I had to bleed the sh!t out of mine to get em right. Stood the calipers straight up with the nipple on top and aboooot a quart of fluid. Works like a champ! Dodged a rolling boat trailer wheel the other day and the brake worked great. If I still had drums, she'd be wearing a rubber wreath for a bonnet ornament.

• Like 4

I drove her 90 miles on Sunday and she did great. But, when I got home I heard a rattling noise when driving through some bumpy roads coming from the wheels. :/. Haven't had a chance to investigate. Hope I didn't fuck anything up.

• Like 1

What proportioning valve did u use?

I bought the kit slightly used and it came with a no name one. I didn't notice any brand markings on it. I'll take a closer look. But I'm thinking of upgrading to a wilwood one anyway. Maybe

• Like 1

I scored this bad boy at Canby from hobospyder. Thanks for the smokin' deal!

B2E009AC-F5B5-4688-B359-EE2AF687FADD_zps

Haven't had a chance to put it in. But I will.

Also, I investigated the rattling noise and it turned out to be the pad shims slid off to te side which caused the pads to be loose in the caliper. Repositioned the shims and gave all the nuts and bolts one more check and torque. No more rattle!

Got a stock steering wheel at canby too. I think it looks a lot better than the grant that was in there.

A93AE12D-BADC-4A63-BE6B-51C9ADFD9C9C_zps

Pic for the whores.

D8830A3F-B3E2-4399-AD7B-09CA689AE365_zps

Truck rides a lot smother and quieter. But now I noticed more noises. lol. One being a hum at freeway speeds. I checked the u-joints and one has a lot of play. So I will need to replace it and see if that fixes it. Pretty happy to be driving her more. She's driving like a dream.

• Like 5

Glad to see you found the mouse in there. Little bastards! Nice wheel. U-joints are super fun to replace and you will beat up some sockets in the process, but not too difficult. If you've done them before, disregard the last statement. Just did them on my little beast a minute ago and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

• Like 3

Glad to see you found the mouse in there. Little bastards! Nice wheel. U-joints are super fun to replace and you will beat up some sockets in the process, but not too difficult. If you've done them before, disregard the last statement. Just did them on my little beast a minute ago and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

shit come do mine
  • Like 3

I scored this bad boy at Canby from hobospyder. Thanks for the smokin' deal!

B2E009AC-F5B5-4688-B359-EE2AF687FADD_zps

Haven't had a chance to put it in. But I will.

Also, I investigated the rattling noise and it turned out to be the pad shims slid off to te side which caused the pads to be loose in the caliper. Repositioned the shims and gave all the nuts and bolts one more check and torque. No more rattle!

Got a stock steering wheel at canby too. I think it looks a lot better than the grant that was in there.

A93AE12D-BADC-4A63-BE6B-51C9ADFD9C9C_zps

Pic for the whores.

D8830A3F-B3E2-4399-AD7B-09CA689AE365_zps

Truck rides a lot smother and quieter. But now I noticed more noises. lol. One being a hum at freeway speeds. I checked the u-joints and one has a lot of play. So I will need to replace it and see if that fixes it. Pretty happy to be driving her more. She's driving like a dream.

she's looking good and better than the part collecting cobwebs and dust in my shop. Almost became lost, no problem on the deal
  • Like 2

Haha. Yea those rascals. Yea I've done them before. I actually replaced them both before last years canby. And they were shot by the time I get back. I definitely have some issues with the driveline that I've been battling with since I got the truck. Slowly getting rid of the vibes.

• Like 1