Valentine

skyblue

Have you had it professionally balanced? Might try that after you pop in the new U-joint.

I have. When I bought the 520 one piece shaft i got it balanced just to cross that off as possible vibrator before I put it on. I know the lows can cause vibration so I also need to get some 2 degree wedges to stick under the blocks.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless your mid bearing is bad. That's a whole world of hurt there. Hope it turns out good, fingers crossed.

No mid bearing. I got rid of the 2 piece driveshaft a while back and put in a 1 piece from a 520. That Got rid of some vibes back then. But there still remains Some. I've been battling the vibes for 5 years now! God damn vibrations are gonna be the death of me. lol

• Like 2

No mid bearing. I got rid of the 2 piece driveshaft a while back and put in a 1 piece from a 520. That Got rid of some vibes back then. But there still remains Some. I've been battling the vibes for 5 years now! God damn vibrations are gonna be the death of me. lol

Check your U bolts for your rear blocks, make sure tight. Also check all your bolts and mounts from tranny to engine and tranny mount and engine mount. Are they broken? My truck seems to have a little vibe too when i was coming home from Nissan Jam not bad but did not remember it then again it rides like shit compared to all my other cars.lol

• Like 1

I'm battling the same thing in my 720 because of my pinion angle. Also need to get myself some shims, or possibly angled blocks. It sucks driving on the highway because of it.

• Like 1

1 piece d-shaft, sweet! before doing a u-joint job, you might disconnect the shaft from the axle and turn it 180 degrees. Sometimes this works. Plus, it might save you the job of 2 u-joints.

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...

Thinking I have too much rake now without the camper. And I scrape hard trying to pull into my parking spot. So I will raise the front a tad to even it out and be able to squeeze into my parking spot. Lol

A5107871-EFF6-4F55-B6E2-8F56004E5D8C_zps

• Like 2

I think it looks fine, although I did raise my 520 front end up a couple inches to get in my driveway without scraping, so I understand. :lol:

I think if you want it to look better from the side you need to put a skirt on the box from the cab to the fender well like in the photo below.

521pictures013.jpg

You also need to add to the rear skirt like in the photo below, I just did not want to take the time to do that part to both photos.

521pictures013-1.jpg

You don't have to attach the box to the cab like in the photo, but that skirt makes it look better, I would do it to your photo, but it takes time to photo shop stuff like that.

• Like 2

been commuting with her this week and i've noticed she's running pretty rough. looked back at my thread and saw the last time i did a tuneup was May 2011! Yikes! getting parts and will do tuneup tomorrow. 

also, i need to get some of those angled shims still cause the vibes are killing me.

• Like 2

been driving Valentine to work for the last couple of weeks. Running kinda rough. so i gave her a tune up.

86C8D8C8-6570-4B0D-A0B6-CEB683C7C3B8_zps

Plugs looked alright.

23ACA951-E4D5-4615-A5C5-0C70EA79272B_zps

still ran like shit after so I adjusted the valves. That was the trick. she purrs waaay better. only thing left is raise the front up a little and get some shims to correct the pinion angle.

• Like 1