NEW POSTING RULES - read!

New posting rules in the Classified section are now in effect. All members are encouraged to read them preferably now but certainty before posting an add or answering an ad. The Classified area is a service provided by the Ratsun Forum to bring together sellers and buyers to their mutual advantage. In the past it has, at times, been used to berate sellers and critiquing their item's worth/value/price. These new rules are in response to this and with everyone's help should streamline the For Sale section.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any postong rules anywhere. It's needed though

Read First: Rules for posting in the For Sale section

Seller

1/ The item for sale MUST have a price on it. Auction style postings will not be tolerated.

2/ There must be a location where the item is being sold. Doesn't have to be exact.

Failure to conform to the above rules will result in the post being removed. No exceptions!

Sellers are strongly encouraged to include good quality pictures of the item for sale, a good description, a history, mileage and anything else applicable that will help the sale and limit unnecessary questions.

Buyers

1/ Replies WILL be limited to questions about the item for sale and 'reasonable offers'. All others will be removed at the moderators discretion.

2/ Negative comments about the item or the price WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. These will be removed and the member warned once or temp banned, totally at the moderators discretion. No excuses, no exceptions.

Buyers are also encouraged to make offers to the seller by p/m or their e-mail.

Questions about price and or item quality may be directed to seller by PM.

Concerns about the truthfulness of the seller's item should be made known via the Report button and moderators will remove or put the sale on hold, at their discretion.

we deliberated for a while on this and drafted up a new set of rules,

the old ones where fine for like two years ago lol but Ratsun has grown so much and keeps growing that

we need to update rules and policies to deal with the stuff that comes with being a larger forum.

and it will be enforced. "no excuses, no exceptions" means just that.

Hopefully this will quell a lot of the back and forth bickering around here.

If a seller has too high of a price on something, they will find out because it won't sell. Or it may be worth the price they are asking, and if they have the patience to wait for the right buyer, more power to them.

No reason to be a hater, especially if you have no intent to buy, and most complainers don't.

If a guy wants 50K for a beater Datsun, that is his business. No need for us to comment that he is out of his freakin mind. Honestly it is not worth you time to type the post to tell him he is a moron. You gain nothing from that..

Question ,,as long as we dont critique / berate price or argue / discuss if car / part is P.O.S. we can still discuss part ,as in will it look good on my / other members car / truck ,,wish you were closer, ask for price of something in picture of parts pile that may be WANTED by me but doesn`t have price.

AND im all for the PM route ,,remember the machinist in Oregon,, while you guys were arguing ( MODS ) the length of his e-penis i made the dude an offer and closed the deal by PM-ing ,,same with the deal i made with BLEACH the other day (sorry to drag you into this to ),,but sometimes it nice to get an answer a little more impersonally ..

also,,,,,,,NONE of this was a RANT,,,just honest questions

NONE ...biggrin.gif

NADA ...tongue.gif

Hopefully this will quell a lot of the back and forth bickering around here.

If a seller has too high of a price on something, they will find out because it won't sell. Or it may be worth the price they are asking, and if they have the patience to wait for the right buyer, more power to them.

No reason to be a hater, especially if you have no intent to buy, and most complainers don't.

If a guy wants 50K for a beater Datsun, that is his business. No need for us to comment that he is out of his freakin mind. Honestly it is not worth you time to type the post to tell him he is a moron. You gain nothing from that..

But how will threads get locked now?!?

Here something else that sellers should do.. is give the measurements of the item / weight and zipcode from where it's being shipped from, so that way the buyer can check UPS, Fedex, or usps and get a ball park figure on the shipping cost.

also what shipper will the seller will be using to ship that part/s.

I have found out that small stuff is cheaper to ship USPS.

larger and/or heavy parts are best to ship Fedex.

I don't use UPS because they charge more then Fedex but if the buyer wants it shipped UPS, thats their choice.

Here something else that sellers should do.. is give the measurements of the item / weight and zipcode from where it's being shipped from, so that way the buyer can check UPS, Fedex, or usps and get a ball park figure on the shipping cost.

also what shipper will the seller will be using to ship that part/s.

I have found out that small stuff is cheaper to ship USPS.

larger and/or heavy parts are best to ship Fedex.

I don't use UPS because they charge more then Fedex but if the buyer wants it shipped UPS, thats their choice.

Too complicated.

And Bananaham, for sale threads should be kept clean of all that "wish you were closer" shit, i thinkl. Keeps it cleaner, but im not a mod and don't have say so in the matter.

Its annoying when you goto a for sale thread, and have to read 2 pages of "wish you were closer" "Cool part" bullshit, just to see if its sold or available, what the current price is etc.

Good point. Ha hahahah

What we should have is a streamlining of a sale with minimal posts. I hate seeing 5 or 6 IBTLs and an equal number of GLWSs. Mods can prune the crap and if warranted, hand out a warning. Only serious buyers or a potential buyer with a question should be replying. If the item or price is rediculous, the post should quickly fall down and off the page if there is no interest. Remember caddyhack? Pages and pages of posts that gave it more atention than it deserved. Ignoring it would have been the best thing. Anyway, hopefully this will make the mods jobs easier as there are clearly defined rules and make the site more friendly for sellers and buyers.

Now everyone read it!

the reason I mentioned that the sales should have more info is I have wasted more time giving potential buyers a shipping quote and never to hear back from a few of them.

since the for sales thead has been refined some, i'll go ahead and put up that info and see how it flys. when the time comes..

and want is so complicated about finding out what shipping cost is. I do it everytime someone is wanting parts. ;)

the reason I mentioned that the sales should have more info is I have wasted more time giving potential buyers a shipping quote and never to hear back from a few of them.

since the for sales thead has been refined some, i'll go ahead and put up that info and see how it flys. when the time comes..

and want is so complicated about finding out what shipping cost is. I do it everytime someone is wanting parts. ;)

lol, i just say price shipped to 97138.. usually what i get fits in a flat rate box tho

So... when some Noob's first post is:

"Hi, I'm new here, and I'm trying to sell my 1972 Datson Truck"

Are we allowed to reccomend that he put a location, price, description or pics????? ..........

Or ... .. . what if we know the car was crashed and the seller is not metioning the bent frame rails and riveted on body panels caked in Bondo????