• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i typed alot of words, but i figured pictures serve you better

my dime is the Gun metal gray one, it still has to be buffed

018.jpg

024-2.jpg

your car looks good man! thanks that's a good comparison. see I like the dark color on a 510 but it just isn't as exciting or somethin. I like the comparison between the grey and stock blue

Very nice build, I just read through the whole build, very enthusiastic. Dark colors are always a bitch and never stay clean. Did you see the Maui blue and black flared 2 door at Canby a few years ago

P1010024-2.jpg

Wow thanks a ton! It means a lot

I didnt but that looks wayyy better than I would have imagined. I bet that would look good with a light turquoise on the side...

This car was at Shasta in 2006, just painted a couple of days previously ( note missing door handles, trim). Old school Datsun pea green with black on top, looked very nice and clean. IMHO You can't go wrong with some of the orginal colors.

DSC00032.jpg

That car looks soo good. I couldnt imagine that turning out that way but I really like it. I'm gonna try and find the right light turquoise blue that will make my mind up. Otherwise Im gonna stick with my original plan like bonvo because I like dat510's car

Thanks everyone! Im going to do the above turquoise/black paint job but probably reverse with a black grille. you can knda imagine how it'll look from this picture of this 510:

11.4_diane_cuyle_1.png

I went to a junk yard and got a saturn alternator

IMAG0590.jpg

Then I had it rebuilt with new bearings, brush and regulator

IMAG0592.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

little update. My motivation fell with the temperature this winter. I have to wait until it warms up to paint in my unheated garage but ill slam it out and have it painted as soon as the weather allows. Then all I have to do is connect the wiring harness, cooling and fuel and I should be good to go for now.

IMAG0621.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

It's been a little bit but im getting shit done again. Planning on shooting paint on the 23rd

Still fine tuning the body. I took out the tank and cleaned it and replaced some fuel line. The rubber filler neck hose broke and they're NLA so I'm just going to weld an exhause adapter onto the filler piece so I can just hook up a hose. Ill get pics up when I've welded it up

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

I fixed some spots in the engine compartment and re painted it. I also made brackets and installed my fiero radiator and made a cover for it and polished it. I got all my hoses worked out and hooked it all up. I also wrapped the wwiring up to make it look a little cleaner. I just got going on the wiring today.

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

Instead of just buying a cheap dash pad replacement for my cracked up dash, I smoothed mine out and fiber glassed it. Either gonna have it hydro-wrapped in a wood grain vinyl or I'm just paining it black

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

• 1 month later...

Car is painted! I still has a ways to go to be where I want it but one step closer at least.

Sealer Primer

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

Annd paint! Its Nissan Bayside blue

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

Next up is finishing the wireing and getting the engine running, getting the glass installed, painting the window pillars black and tinting the windows, getting tires for the new wheels and setting the ride height. Also the exhaust is in and almost all of the trim is at the powder coaters

• 1 month later...

So I started my engine!! Only for a second to test ignition and only with some fuel I poured in the carb but it fired up! Next thing I new there was about a quart of oil on the ground!! It came from the back of the block and came between the motor and tranny plate about half way up the block on the passenger side. Does anyone have any pics of the back of an l series motor I can look at? Whats back there other than the rear main seal? I know I put that in there... Anyone have any ideas? Its an l18 with a dogleg 5 speed. I dumped 5 quarts of oil in the motor like olddatsuns.com said to.