The time has come!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys the control arm bushings wernt so bad haha I just sprayed some pb blaster and pressed them right out.

IMAG0515.jpg

IMAG0516.jpg

IMAG0517.jpg

Im probably gonna powder coat the control arms and al the steering stuff. Just waitin on a price on that. Other wise I ll just paint it all.

also, I polished my valve cover! so stoked on that

IMAG0518.jpg

I used to have shaved handles on my 2dr.............and hated it. After the 15th time you lock yourself out of the car you'll wish you had regular handles again. I finally de-shaved mine and put the handles back on. Think this over carefully before you paint it.

I used to have shaved handles on my 2dr.............and hated it. After the 15th time you lock yourself out of the car you'll wish you had regular handles again. I finally de-shaved mine and put the handles back on. Think this over carefully before you paint it.

Oh I put a lot of thought into it before I went and shaved them. Too late now. I have a good back up plan though. I even have it covered in the case of the battery going dead, AND being locked out. I dont really want to explain everything to the whole world though haha

• Like 1

Hey guys the control arm bushings wernt so bad haha I just sprayed some pb blaster and pressed them right out.

IMAG0515.jpg

IMAG0516.jpg

IMAG0517.jpg

Im probably gonna powder coat the control arms and al the steering stuff. Just waitin on a price on that. Other wise I ll just paint it all.

also, I polished my valve cover! so stoked on that

IMAG0518.jpg

That valve cover looks awesome! I need to do that with mine. Nice work.

The coilover perch probably isn't going to matter, since you should have a TON of room anyways.

The oil filter, I would assume, should be pointed down if you can bolt it on that way. Otherwise it's going to dump oil all over the place when you try to remove it. The old E1's were this way, and a HUGE pain when it came to changing the filter. You had to degrease the engine every time you changed the oil.

The coilover perch probably isn't going to matter, since you should have a TON of room anyways.

The oil filter, I would assume, should be pointed down if you can bolt it on that way. Otherwise it's going to dump oil all over the place when you try to remove it. The old E1's were this way, and a HUGE pain when it came to changing the filter. You had to degrease the engine every time you changed the oil.

Yeah thats the only way the oil filter housing will bolt to the block. Most of the oil will be drained down be drained down out of the filter i think before i take it off. I hopw anyway. Yeah i dont think the coilover perch will make any differance no matter how i put it on. If i end up getting super wide wheels the tire will hit the spring too any way

I would really appreciate some advise on this. Hopefully Indy will chime in here!

I want these wheels for my 510

http://www.racinglab...akotan-008.html

Im assuming the pictured 510 has zx struts. I just have stock 510 struts and I have all the lips on my fenders rolled up.. Searching around everywhere says there's no way you can fit 15x7 +0's but then theres always pics around of people who did it or even wider/lower offset. So what is the deal with that? Is there more to fitting them then I know?

These are 15x7 +4 and I wouldn't mind a little stretch, like some 175's or 165's or something, but I dont want a shit ton of negative camber. And I want to tuck the tires. Will these be sticking way out of my front fenders so I couldn't lower it like I want or will it be fine?

Please dont post if your just pointing out that Im a noob :unsure: I just have all the mixed responses confusing me. (with all due respect, btw)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I put the drive shaft in.

But I need your guys help.

I have a dogleg 5 speed from a 78' 510 and the car came with a stock 4 speed. I thought that I could just bolt this sumbitch in there but I guess not. The bolt holes in the tranny mount are about an inch or two back from the holes in the body so a bolt will not pass through. Ive been doing research trying to find out what the easiest way to correct this would be as Im assuimg i just drill new holes that line up with the mount and put a bold through with a nut on one side. Is there a better way to do this? Also through my research I found out that the mount has to be spaced for the driveline to be straight but Ive read different amounts. Is it an inch? or 1/2 inch? Please help me out I have not found a clear answer to this