The time has come!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm lookin for some opinions on this.. Ive been thinking about engine bay and engine paint colors. I finally decided to go with an orange engine bay (03 350z sunset orange), black engine block, silver metallic head and a bright red valve cover. Im also gonna polish up the manifolds and tuck the wires as good as I can and what not. The car is gonna pretty much be all completely black on the exterior so I want something cool and bright under the hood. Do you think there will be too much goin on with the orange and red?

So I'm lookin for some opinions on this.. Ive been thinking about engine bay and engine paint colors. I finally decided to go with an orange engine bay (03 350z sunset orange), black engine block, silver metallic head and a bright red valve cover. Im also gonna polish up the manifolds and tuck the wires as good as I can and what not. The car is gonna pretty much be all completely black on the exterior so I want something cool and bright under the hood. Do you think there will be too much goin on with the orange and red?

try it!

the worse case, you'll hate the clash and have to repaint the valve cover. im doing something similar, im painting my bay metallic red, black block, silver head and everything else polished/chromed and leaving the rest of the car in black sealer.

try it!

the worse case, you'll hate the clash and have to repaint the valve cover. im doing something similar, im painting my bay metallic red, black block, silver head and everything else polished/chromed and leaving the rest of the car in black sealer.

Good point! Thanks for the input, I no longer feel all ocd about it haha

• 1 month later...

Been a little while. Took a little vacation. But I got the engine taken apart and a bunch of cool stuff came in in the mail

IMAG0366.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0368.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

Brand new cam

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

Brand new flat tops

IMAG0372.jpg

Rod bolts / Nuts / lash pads

IMAG0373.jpg

Refurbished rockers

IMAG0374.jpg

Roadster plate, throw out bearing and clutch disk

IMAG0375.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey who did u get your timing set through? I'm in need of one but im not sure what brand to get or who to get it through. dont want to put some junk inside my motor...

it was on rockauto.com It looks good to me! I heard that you can get them from importedcarparts.com too. may be better, idk

My engine came back from the machine shop. I took it to T Mac Performance on marine drive out in troutdale. Im really happy with how it turned out.

IMAG0396.jpg

IMAG0395.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0392.jpg

Had the block tanked, fluxed, bored for the flat tops and honed. Crank was refurbished and cleaned up. They also refurbished the rods and got me some arp rod bolts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well school i fucking finally over. Now my attention can be wholly aimed at finishing my car.

Heres the carb all rebuilt

IMAG0415.jpg

Head steam cleaned and valves wire wheeled. I still have to get after the head with a wire wheel too

IMAG0432.jpg

IMAG0431.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

Now its time to really get after the body work. The front is almost done, ill get the fenders hung and the front end done this week. Then get the rest of the stuff fabbed and then ill primer the car. Then get it perfect.

IMAG0433.jpg

IMAG0418.jpg

And just about everything has been put through the parts cleaner and or steam cleaned