Is this color too much for the engine

datsunz

I posted this on hybridz also, I know you guys like pics and have plenty of opinions wink.gif I was doing this for shits and giggles, a few people have commented the valve cover is overkill and doesn't match anything. What do you think? This motor is going in my 240zt. I got it as a longblock with lower end checked and head rebuilt p90a hyd. I have had some pieces around the shop coated for display and threw them on, JSK fuel rail w/gauge, 450cc dsm injectors, the intake is ported, shaved and coated for a 240sx throttle body, the exhaust manifold I did in 1600 degree blue ceramic. Have megasquirt 2 and EDIS going on it ( Z-Ya is helping on that), got Dereks dist. block off coming and gonna coat that in a candy also and a powerforce damper coming. Obviously there is no particular theme, I have been doing it mostly in candies ( I like them :) ). Some people think the valve cover is overkill and should be one color. Suggested valve color is lollipop blue like the front of the valve cover in the photo. What color valve cover should I do? Or would you suggest? The car is pearl white and graphite outside.

Thanks Chris

front.jpg

leftside.jpg

leftside2.jpg

right.jpg

right2.jpg

right3.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make the valve cover all blue like the front of it is,get rid of the red pulley and orange timing indicator and then it would look badass.But thats just my opinion.It definitely looks unique as is.The powder coating looks to be real quality.Wish i could do that to my motor.

• Like 1

I don't even like those anodized colored AN fittings so wrong to ask me. It's not my 'style' and I would settle for polishing it or if painted, it would be Black or gray. That would please me but you have to please yourself. If everyone said they hate it and it should have been yellow instead, would you do it for everyone else or go with what you like? Maybe you'll start a new trend like rising sun hoods.

are you going to drive it in a Gay Pride Parade? If so, I looks GREEEAAAATTT!:thumbup:

edit.... more appropriate coment... it a little too much... kinda early 90'sish with new technology... as my dad would say.. its "all Hookered up"

Looks like something you'd find in one of these..

VW_Harlequin_Golf.jpg

Except then it wouldn't break down every 10k.

Wait, you are saying a RWD golf? I want! lol. seriously I would have so much more respect for VW if they were RWD or AWD. The FWD is the biggest turn off. Well so are the colors on that car.

OP, Good choice on reducing your color palette.

• 2 weeks later...

I think if you could make the valve cover look like the discoloration of heat on a torch tip, that would be sweet. Then do copper or burnt orange on the rest of the pieces, leaving the valve cover the only gasoline prism sheen kind of thing. But that's just my 2 cents.