i hate walmart auto center.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stay way from Les Schwabb, they are crooks.

I have a career mechanic friend in Moscow, ID. Went to school and everything.

He did like $2k work on a guys truck redoing suspenstion, etc. The owner took it to Les Schwabb to get tires and they put 'er on the lift and told him he needed all the stuff just replaced. The owner went back all 'wtf'... My friend called up Les Schwabb all 'WTF'... they admitted that that's what their managers tell them to do!!

I go to Bruneel, but they are a North East chain I think.

F Wallmart man!

I don't buy there. Shopping wallmart is supporting communisim. You aren't a commi are you! ? lol

When are people going to wake up to the fact that Walmart is only giving us what we are asking for. "I want something as cheap as I can get, to get me through today." They are very good at their job. The problem is what we trade away for "cheap". Walmart will not go into any area unless they see that there is profit there. That is due to the research they do out front. Over pricing by the locals and little competition for them to hold the price down. Going into a Walmart expecting anything close to professionalism is kidding youself. You do not get the experiance of a pro by paying them minimum wage. You get entry level, has-been, mush-heads trying to get through the day. Blaming Walmart is like blaming Budweiser for you being in jail.

• Like 1

you should keep buying cheap :poop: then.

buy ALL the made in china :poop: you can so they keep manufacturing it

someday you learn what quality is all about

have YOU checked your cabinets wait no ANYTHING in your house lately? i bet everything is either made in china, taiwan, one of the istans, or malaysia so maybe YOU should learn what quality is about?

I am a builder. All materials come from the USA or Canada, aye. Cabinets are either made in Spokane by Huntwood or in my buddies shop. All hardwood flooring comes from the USA. All the framing material comes from local mill along with all the plywood. I make sure the sheetrock is made here also. You get that shit from China and you are going to have all kinds of issues down the road. I have flat out refused to work on houses when the owner starts to get butt pucker over a few dollars. If you can't afford it, don't do it. The USA as a whole has a Walmart mentality. There's a reason my daily work truck is a 1983 Toyota 4x4. It cost me less to run a year in repairs than 2 months of new truck payments. It's a rolling toolbox and if it gets dinged, big deal. We need to tariff the shit out of stuff until we get the balance back in trade, suck it up and tighten our belts. If I ran my business the same way the elected officials run our country I would have been working for someone else years ago. I'm just glad my German farmer granddad isn't around to see this mess. He would of had a fit.

Support your local shops of all kinds or they will be gone. Americans are becoming less capable every year. What is happening to "Yankee ingenuity"? I know grown men who don't even own a tool box. You might as well wear a dress and change your name to Nancy.

Right now there are more kids in China learning english as a language than the entire population of the United States. Think about that one next time you are in Wally world about to buy some useless piece of crap. Oh yea and you might want to start learning Chinese.

• Like 1

have YOU checked your cabinets wait no ANYTHING in your house lately? i bet everything is either made in china, taiwan, one of the istans, or malaysia so maybe YOU should learn what quality is about?

not every thing is made in china, and im not that worried about having all USA made stuff, its that the wal-mart brand stuff is made with child labor.Im not ok with that, no matter how you look at it. I can get all the same stuff (different brand) from Fred Meyers same price, and Fred Meyers is a oregon company.

i like saving money and im poor as shit, but i still buy things that last. A extra dollar here and a dollar there to buy things that are going to last and not have to be replaced in 3 months is worth it.

im overly attentive to the manufacture of almost everything i consume.

GREAT

i honestly dont care if you do or not cause im not you i dont shop at wal mart everyday cause i only go there for the stuff that i know is cheaper than anywhere else no im not ok with child labor cause its just wrong plain and simple and one last thing cause i dont wanna come back to this thread i dont care your entitled to your opinions and views and im entitled to mine

The irony is that the reclaimed steel from american cars (including the Japanese cars made with US Steel) are shipped back to Japan and made back into cars/trucks and sold right back to us! :)

In all fairness though Japan is not China...I have my own reasons for hating China with a passion.

I'm just being a smart ass :D I buy American as much as I can and buy local as much as I can, but hey not all the time. :D

Eh there are so many more things wrong with WalMart over selling stuff all made in China. I won't shop in that hell hole.

This all comes at a time when colorado gets hit with a massive blizzard after a damn near tropical beginning of the winter so just like everyone else i waited last minute to get my snow tires mounted.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Duuude I feel you! I just had snows mounted on our Mazda MPV. Everyone was freakin out cause snow was coming, but I needed them because of the 18 hour drive we were about to make for X-mas at the in-laws.

I opted to get them on steel wheels too. Price was about the same when you count the alignment and a bunch of other stuff.

Anyway 200mi into the trip the steering wheel starts vibrating like crazy. HAd to stop and another random tire shop in NJ. Turns out the steelies were not mounted right the lug studs were not lined up right in the holes because the hub hole was too big. Morons forgot to put a plastic hub spacer in there and because they were so swamped they just slammed them on and processed me out.

It was a 3 hr wait that day for a shoddy job and I had to pay the shop in NJ $50 for a new balance and getting them properly lined up. Blah!

"think locally, fuck globally" - gogol

Love that song!

Stopped going for the cheapo oil change after the a jackass left the oil filter barely on (I always doublecheck) and broke the carb stem bolt for the aircleaner. They of course denied doing either.

"Stopped going for the cheapo oil change after the a jackass left the oil filter barely on (I always doublecheck) and broke the carb stem bolt for the aircleaner. They of course denied doing either. "

Thats because they are trained in the art of using air impact wrenches on MAX for EVERYTHING.