Favorite band?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So much metal on Ratsun! It started with VH and the Motley Crue (Too fast for love and shout at the devil days!) Then got a bit heavier w/ Priest and Maiden. Eddie (Maiden mascot) is one of the reasons I credit for doing art for a living.

Eventualy I transitioned into RATT and some of the glam LA Dokken things (Hey I was 15 and the girls were HOT!!) THen it got heavier again. Testament, Exodus, Overkill, Slayer. Then eventually lead me to Opeth, Katatonia, Mastadon, Inflames, soilwork, Samael.

But as I get into Pandora radio I am digging back into all my metal roots.

But I still dig blusier softer stuff. Andrew Bird. Chris Whitley. Ani DiFranco.

It is all about the mood I am in!

my personal favorites are Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Anthrax, Dio "rip Ronnie!", Biohazard "for political reasons", GWAR, John Lennon and Frank Zappa!!! my play list is huge. OLD Metallica "absolutely nothing after and justice for all"!!! and Steel Panther too!

Wyld Stallyns, Alien Autopsy, , Kathleen Turner Overdrive, Billy and the Boingers (originally named Deathtöngue), The Blender Children, Citizen Dick, Johnny Cologne ,Crucial Taunt , Duke Fame and the Fame Throwers, Funky See Funky Do , Maggotdeath, Max Rebo band, Melvin and the Squirrels, Scum of the Earth, The Shitty Beatles, Smeg and the Heads, Sonic Death Monkey, Steel Dragon, Stillwater, The Way Outs

actually they are supposed to be put back to original (un remastered)with bob daisly and lee kerslake back on bass and drums. blizzard and diary were supposed to be released already but the whole reason they were remastered with new bass and drums is still being fought over. hopefully they get it resolved.

30th aniversary blizzard and diary sre supposed to have unseen randy footage and I even heard maybe some unreleased songs.

• 3 weeks later...

Wyld Stallyns, Alien Autopsy, , Kathleen Turner Overdrive, Billy and the Boingers (originally named Deathtöngue), The Blender Children, Citizen Dick, Johnny Cologne ,Crucial Taunt , Duke Fame and the Fame Throwers, Funky See Funky Do , Maggotdeath, Max Rebo band, Melvin and the Squirrels, Scum of the Earth, The Shitty Beatles, Smeg and the Heads, Sonic Death Monkey, Steel Dragon, Stillwater, The Way Outs

Merlin I know some of these names, can I assume that the ones I don't are of the same genre??? :lol: :lol: :lol: If so add Burning Sensation and, Pale Horse..

user_popup.pngPosted Today, 06:25 PM

snapback.pngmerlin, on 25 December 2010 - 12:46 PM, said:

Datzenmike said...

Merlin I know some of these names, can I assume that the ones I don't are of the same genre??? :lol: :lol: :lol: If so add Burning Sensation and, Pale Horse..

if Burning Sensation and Pale Horse are fictional bands, then they will fit right in... all of mine are fictional bands from Movies/TV :D :D ... Just seeing who was awake on this thread. Should add Hard Core Logo and Bucky Wonderlick to the list as fictional bands from novels...

Well done! Broke is still one of my favorite albums. Most of their stuff since sucks but every album seems to have one or two songs that let you know they can still do it.

huh i haven't found one yet i dont like!! I havent bought the newest album yet

ahh but to each his own