project 620z

topless620

FIT

1a. To be the proper size and shape for: These shoes fit me.

1b. To cause to be the proper size and shape: The tailor fitted the trousers by shortening them.

1c. To measure for proper size: She fitted me for a new jacket.

2. To be appropriate to; suit: music that fits your mood.

3. To be in conformity or agreement with: observations that fit the theory nicely.

4. To make suitable; adapt: fitted the shelves for large books.

5. To make ready; prepare: Specialized training fitted her for the job.

My definition for engine fitment is it drops into place with mods to motor mounts and possibly the rad. Cutting the frame and or the rad support/fire wall and or re-locating the rad while 'fitment' (see 1b, 4 and 5) is more involved and can be misleading to the average engine swapper.

By my definition it doesn't 'fit'. Naturally anything can be made to fit. So there is: 'it fits' and there is: 'it can be made to fit' and so the distinction should be made. However this works out it is a great example of how to try the right way.

To sum up what I think Mike is trying to say, one should not try to put a 6' motor in a 5' engine compartment.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the job of the thermostat to close to keep the temp up.

You could use an IC if that's all you have and there's no rad otherwise why bother? An IC doesn't solve the placement problem.

Weld up the frame and seal it. Run the rad hose to one side and have a pipe across the back to connect the two sides. Connect the return to the other frame at the front. The whole frame would be a huge heat sink radiating away heat as you drive. It would have immense surface area exposed to cooling air. No fan needed.

:P :lol:

tpsreports.jpg

I get what you guys are saying about it fiting or making it fit. But if he is going to finish his project, which it looks like he will I think its cool doing somthing diffrent

Guest DatsuNoob

Why not try an aftermarket aluminum Honda radiator? They're very small, and pretty inexpensive on ebay.. Sure it fits like 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag, but one cant say anything about your dedication, speed, and hard work. nodz :D

what ever i read the dictionary on the crapper.....if some one chooses to cut their truck up they are probably going to make it better. for example a strait 6 where a crappy 4 banger was before quit trying to stir up a argument on this man build log if you don't like l28's in 6 or 720's then don't read it or put your negativity all over it either

• Like 1
Guest DatsuNoob

who did? :unsure: for what? I thought I was giving a compliment to dude, while simply making a joking reference to how it's crammed in there. No shit talk here, honest. I guess Mr 14 posts misunderstood how we do things around here. I got told I guess? was that for me? :unsure:

who did? :unsure: for what? I thought I was giving a compliment to dude, while simply making a joking reference to how it's crammed in there. No shit talk here, honest. I guess Mr 14 posts misunderstood how we do things around here. I got told I guess? was that for me? :unsure:

tumblr_leftgjgvZd1qf8yek.gif

Guest DatsuNoob

congrats?

I feel like grammar Nazi right now (and like Dawson's Creek guy too, cause I'm reeeal sad now), but I see the dictionary isnt particularly effective in helping its users to form intelligent sentences.

I feel like grammar Nazi right now (and like Dawson's Creek guy too, cause I'm reeeal sad now), but I see the dictionary isnt particularly effective in helping its users to form intelligent sentences.

lol no book equates intelligence

My question is how did you know who that actor was so fast there fancy pants??

• 2 weeks later...